“Loved it”
Review of River Bend Inn

River Bend Inn
Ranked #61 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed her as a walk in with no reservation, upon our arrival the staff was very helpful and professional. We really enjoyed the heart shaped jacuzzi and the large balcony. I will certainly stay here on my next visit to pigion forge.

Room Tip: gotta try room 519, LOVED IT!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank bstrunk

Reviewed 10 June 2011

What a wonderful find. We had reservations at another hotel, however, upon checking in, we were told that the hot water was not working - they had arraignments set up for us at another hotel, but when we checked out that property, it was not to our liking. We had seen the sign for River Bend when we drove into town, so we tried there. What an unbelievable gem! From the willingness to show us a room prior to check in, to the actual room it self. Our grandchildren really enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast offered in the morning. My wife and I really enjoyed the cleanliness of the entire property.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Orlando00
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This is the 3rd time we've stayed here. I have to say that the 1st time, we weren't very impressed, but we decided to try it again. We came to Pigeon Forge to see Loretta Lynn on May 27 and spent the nite at the RIver Bend. We have also been here the past 2 days and will check out on Friday. The king size rooms are very spacious and have a small refrigerator and microwave. We always make use of the fridges, so that is a plus for us. The lobby is very spacious and clean and there are plenty of luggage carts to use. The location is excellent....well within walking distance of some of the theaters and restaurants. The rates can't be beat. You can go to one of the "big" names hotel and pay twice the price and not get as nice a room. The only thing I don't like is the very sparse breakfast. Other than that, we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luvdance46
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We read the reviews and they had a lot of bad ones, but almost all have bad reviews. We decided to try River Bend and we are glad we did. Great location,clean room, huge balcony and deep heart shaped jacuzzi(we got the jacuzzi suite). The staff was great,we don't let anyone come in the room during are stay, but each day we had fresh towels hanging on the door. We will definitely be staying here again and will recommend it to our family and friends

Room Tip: Book ahead ,Jucuzzi suites are great
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christoplnan
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I was nervous because I had read a bunch of very negative reviews for this hotel but the rate was cheap so I thought I would give it a try. I stayed with my mother and my two 3 year olds. We got a room with 2 queen beds and the kitchenette. Our room was very clean. The hotel location was conveneint. They honored our reservations. The room was ready on time. We used the pool and enjoyed it. They had plenty of parking. Sparse, but nice breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Had lots of luggage carts to use. Pretty view of the river. I don't understand all the negative reviews. I know how to check for bedbugs and there were none. So I do recommend this hotel and I would stay there again!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank aprilsumner
Reviewed 23 January 2011

i had stayed at this hotel before and no problems decided to give it a try again we stayed in room 406 i found a dirty wash rag hanging over the shower and when we turned the sheets down i found little black things thought it was bugs it turned out not to be but upon looking further, i found the mattress pad had blood, and the mattress had a huge blood stain on it be sure if you use this hotel to check the bed

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eddog1963
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I took my 2 nephews to Pigeon Forge, TN on their Christmas break. Just a little treat since we didn't travel to Pigeon Forge during our regular scheduled time. I am not exaggerating....traffic was backed up from I-40 to Parkway!!! Bumper to bumper!!! I asked around to see why it was sooo crowded and why the room rates were really high. There was a big church get together called Xtreme Youths Conference. http://www.largegroupcabinrentals.com/xtreme-winter-conference.asp
I was not aware of this until is was much too late. I gave them to choice to travel to Pigeon Forge, TN or Biloxi, MS and they chose Pigeon Forge. On their next break, I will choose and we will be going to Biloxi. We did a little shopping, but we paid for it!!! Even at 6 and 7 in the evening, traffic was still backed up bumper to bumper. This was our first time staying at River Bend Inn. A very good room for the price including free internet, it was right at $60 dollars a night and that was really cheap compared to James Manor, Shular Inn and Holiday Inn Express. I liked the balcony even though it was too cold to enjoy it, lol. Other than the traffic, we enjoyed ourselves when we drove up to Sugarland and New Found Gap. Gatlinburg traffic was murder too!! Bumper to Bumper...I took a short cut and went through the Smoky Mountain National Park to avoid Gatlinburg. On our way home, traffic was still a mess, and it was the same....jammed from Parkway to I-40. Other than the conference, WE ALWAYS LOVE to visit PIGEON FORGE. We only stayed 2 days and that was 2 days too many. Our Pigeon Forge trips usually consist of 4-5 days. I think the hotel could have done a better job to remove the ice from the side entrance. I will stay at River Bend Inn again but maybe in the spring, summer or fall.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family