“Not worth it”

Ranked #60 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Fort Riley
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I booked my stay here through www.booking.com. They have a best rate guarantee. I checked the River Bend Inn's actual website and noticed they were offering a lower rate than what I was going to be paying. I contacted www.booking.com and they changed the rate to the lower rate. The front desk person yelled at me. He said the manager yelled at him. He said they had to pay www.booking.com a fee and they were losing money. He said they were not going to renew with www.booking.com because of this. I did speak to the manager regarding this and he apologized.

The pool was always a murky color when I was there. The pool is open to the second floor and the workout machines were in the hallway above the pool out in the open. Because of the pool, it was really warm in the area so it was hot to work out besides being out in the open.

The rooms were ok.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The management and service was very friendly and we were given a large room with a private balcony and tub which we didn't use but looked nice. At the rate we got on the weekend I thought it was a great deal

• Stayed August 2012
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Our family had the best vacation. The inn was on the main highway close to all the attractions, place was clean with friendly staff who were eager to help us with the local info. In the evenings we had the clean, warm pool all to ourselves. For the price we paid, we had the best rooms with refrigerators, microwaves and breakfast included. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
HOSCHTON
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Believe what others are saying. The hallways smell like they've been soaked in gallons of body odor. You had to hold your nose or throw up, one of the two. The beds were hard and the pillows flat. The floors and furniture were stained. There was no one at the desk when we checked out. We did not even attempt breakfast. Never again...

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank GeorgiaPhotog

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I booked this hotel after reading nothing but good reviews about it on this site, all the reviews were correct that it is clean, and the pool water is green, but one thing never mentioned is that when you check in, they charge your credit card for your entire stay right then. If you want to double check to make sure the room you get is okay better say something before they charge your card. Our room was clean but the sheets and the towels were dingy. The price is good and all I wanted was a clean room and I got it.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi in the room worked good and was very relaxing
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Killen, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We had reservations at another hotel we had stayed at in the past,but found this hotel on line and called and made reservations as was a lower price. Our stay was GREAT. The pool is indoors and is small but we did not use it anyway. The staff was friendly and our room was very nice and had refrigerator and microwave which we wanted. Beds were comfortable, Rooms were clean. We reserved the room without a balcony. Breakfast is complimentary and was good. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Lumberton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Everything about this motel is great!! Jay, the owner, and all of his staff were outstanding!! I forgot my laptop charger when I left. A few minutes later, they were calling to remind me that I had left it. Fortunately, I was able to go back and retrieve it. The breakfast is complimentary and good. The staff is friendly and helpful. The motel is very clean and spacious, lots of cabinet space. I stay there every year and will continue to do so.

l

Room Tip: There is a rushing brook to the side of the building, very pretty.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends