“Average Stay”
Review of River Bend Inn

River Bend Inn
Ranked #63 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 28 September 2013

First off, I'd like to say that the River Bend Inn was the best value for what I was looking for. My wife and I stayed for 7 nights in late September 2013 and this place had what we were looking for. All we needed was a queen sized bed, a jacuzzi in the room and somewhere close to the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. I searched for several months and the River Bend Inn was the best value overall. What else did we like? The bed was super comfortable and our room was quiet, Im not sure if we had anyone stay next to us. What was average or worse? The free Wi-Fi signal was awful. I got so annoyed with it I switched to my network for my smartphone. The balcony view was so-so, I looked at the buidling and couldn't imagine anyone getting a great view from their balcony. The water pressure in the shower was also much to be desired, made me miss my own shower at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TennG78
swetajaypatel, Manager at River Bend Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear guests, thank you for making us the choice for your stay & I appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your day to post a review for us. We are glad you liked our hotel & you had a great time during your stay but we do apologize about the little inconvenience you had. We will make sure your next stay will be much more smoother. Once again, thank you & have a nice day!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Was pleasantly surprised how nice and clean the rooms were for the price. The beds were comfortable and the pillows weren't bad. Breakfast was basic, a little fruit would have been nice. Didn't think to check out the Smith Family breakfast next door. Check in and out was simple. Parking got a little iffy at times. The location was great for us, especially being able to go out the back way to catch the traffic light. Will probably stay again in the next few weeks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn60

Dear guests, thank you for staying with us. we are glad you had a great time during your stay and I appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your day to post a review for us. We try our best to make sure every guests needs are met & provide the best service possible. We look forward for your next visit soon. Once again, thank you & have a nice day!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Recently spent 7 days with our Air Force Buddies from 60 years ago at River Bend Inn. It was an excellent choice and we had a great time. Rooms were good and the staff was great - especially V.J. - he went far out of his way to take care of our needs. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone headed for Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Willie W

Dear guests, Thank you so very much for staying with us. It was a pleasure to have you guys here & we too had a lot of fun with you guys. Thank you for all the gifts & we eagerly look forward to your next visit. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Our church group has stayed at River Bend Inn for yeas now. We go every year and V.J. And the entire stay does what ever they can to make our stay enjoyable. You can not beat the price, they re in a great location for everything. Shopping and dinning are within walking distance.if you don't want to drive or walk there is a trolley stop just a few feet away on the Main Street. My husband and I just stayed there this week?

• Stayed: September 2013
swetajaypatel, Manager at River Bend Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Valued Guests, Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. It's always a pleasure to have you guys here & we look forward to your next visit. Ya'll have a nice day & may God Bless you.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here and don't think we will ever stay again. The rooms were clean except for the covers. We took the comforters off as they never clean them things often anywhere. But the blanket you could see the dirt on them. The staff (all but one heavier set lady sorry didn't get her name) was very unfriendly. Stuck there noses in the air when they walked past. If they didn't they gave you nasty dirty looks and spoke in there native tongue. When you walk into a " clean" room there is an odor that is very unpleasant. Luckily we carry Lysol on all of our trips. Also the fire alarm was going off at 1:45 AM for no reason but people playing with them. Which happened several times during our stay. Pool was nasty and small was afraid to even use it while there. And there breakfast was the worst we had even seen in all the places we've stayed at. You were better off paying and going next door to the Smith Family to be honest.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CnLBetscher
swetajaypatel, Manager at River Bend Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear review readers, these people are local & have been staying with us from more than a month now continuously. They never take room service during their long stay. We understand the guests privacy but we can not have a room without being cleaned for weeks, especially bathroom. The first time we told them to take room service & they posted this negative review to our amazement. After even upgrading them to a suite for a regular room price for over a month, this is how they repaid us for just telling them to take room service once. This is a false review posted only because of the above reason.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was an excellent hotel at a really, really great rate. I loved that the beds were high off the floor and super comfortable. The room was quite large as well, which was great since there were three of us and our luggage to store. There was a free internet station downstairs. The A/C was lovely and quiet (compared to other hotels I've stayed at).

The only (minor) things I didn't enjoy about my stay at the River Bend Inn were the staff (front desk man was not especially friendly) and the breakfast (nothing that appealed to me). Our second day at the hotel we came back to discover housekeeping had not cleaned our room at all. I went downstairs to check why this had happened and the front desk person informed me that it was because we had the Do Not Disturb sign on our room. I told him that we had it on the door until we left at 9.30 am, to which he responded that the housekeepers start early and at this time of year only have 10 to 12 rooms to clean, so are done quite early. He then informed me that if I wanted to ensure it was cleaned the next day I should ring down to the front desk and let him know (I have no idea why he didn't just take my visit to the front desk as an indicator that we'd want our room cleaned the next day..). Anyways, it was a very minor issue and didn't impact my enjoyment of our stay at the River Bend, but I just wanted to forewarn others to be sure you ask for housekeeping when you leave your hotel room for the day!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shannon C
swetajaypatel, Manager at River Bend Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear guests, thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your day to post a review for us. We apologize about the little inconvenience you had during your stay. We will make sure your next stay will be more smoother. Once again, thank you & have a nice day!

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a family vacation. We chose this hotel because of the location and price. It wasn't in the heart of pigeon forge but close to everything so we didnt have to deal with the worst of traffic. It was pretty clean, if ur just looking for a place to sleep and not wanting to spend alot this place is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank B_Jo_30
swetajaypatel, Manager at River Bend Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guests... Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. We try our best to keep our hotel clean & our rates are the best comparatively. We are glad you had such a great time on your vacation here in Pigeon Forge. We hope to see you soon again !