“Good value at off-season rates”
Review of River Bend Inn

River Bend Inn
Ranked #65 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Our stay was overall a positive experience for the money. The room was clean and all the motel basics were there for the low off-season rate of $35 per night.

The hotel is 5 floors with regular and balcony rooms that overlook either the river or the main drag of pigeon forge with the mountains in the background. We had a balcony room that overlooked the main road and it was an odd, but enjoyable view like half Las Vegas and half Smoky Mountains. That's sort of the whole Gatlinburg experience, though. The road noise was a little loud at times, so we turned on the tv to drown it out.

We mainly wanted a room that was clean in a good location. This met that standard with flying colors.

If you are looking for a lot of extras, this might not be for you, though. We had problems with the wired Internet (no wireless) and they never were able to get it fixed while we were there. The second night I called to complain again and got voicemail when I called the front desk. I gave up and used the computer in the lobby area. A friend stayed in another room and his connection worked fine.

Another negative is the pool, as it is a bit small and kind of odd in color. We weren't planning on using it anyway.

The primary negative thing to be aware of is their reservation policy which is a bit unusual. They charge your credit card if you do not cancel 48 hours before check-in. I really think they need to change this policy as it restricts travel plans for most people that might need more flexibility.

But overall I think this is a great deal for the price. It's a nice room with some ammenities in a good location at cheap motel prices. If you want a place with great extras, there are lots of other opportunities to pay more and get them.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for River Bend Inn

Reviewed 22 November 2008

We were told this was a new Hotel. Rooms smelled bad and were dirty. We stayed in room 109, at 2:30 am in the morning was woken by a bug crawling on our pillow, so I called front desk they came and looked at the bug, which I had never seen anything like it. Looked almost like a tick but moved faster. Come to find out after I got home and looked it up the web, it was a bed bug. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank k4joy
Reviewed 11 November 2008

RIVER BEND INN IN PIGEON FORGE, TENNESSEE
11/1/08

Rooms dirty, killed 6-8 wasps in our room, air cond vent blew directly onto bed (barely room to exit bed that side of room). Had to cover vent with towel toward head of bed and secure towel with iron. Did not have bedside table of both sides of bed. Tub in room chipped in numerous places.

Needed a room for one night on our way to North Carolina. Saw lighted sign on hotel advertising "BRAND NEW". We had already noticed that most rooms in Pigeon Forge were greatly reduced. This sign also advertised "All Suites - $49.95" We registered and was told our room with a king bed would be $59.95. Without argument we agreed since we had been traveling all day and were both tired. (My husband is over 70 and I am over 60). We agreed to wait 30-45 mins for the room to be cleaned. When we came back we went straight to our assigned room. Upon entering the room it smelled musty, there were stains on the carpet, and it was handicap equiped. I went downstairs to speak to the lady who had assigned our room. She was off duty and a man was at the desk who spoke only broken English. He agreed to move us but with an upcharge of another $10. Our $49.95 room was now $69.95. This hotel should be sanctioned for false advertisement. Would not let a pet stay here.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kat2133
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Rooms lacked proper A/C, toilet wouldn't flush, no blanket, only sheet and shabby bedspread. Hair in shower and shower curtain was moldy. Called frontdesk to have someone come up and look at toilet and was told if it happens again, take top of tank and jiggle.... told us he would be back to fix it and never came back. Continential breakfast was a joke! We ate somewhere else. They also need more english speaking personnel at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank SLIDER08
Reviewed 16 September 2008

I read a similar complaint at iRipoff.com about this motel, but choose to ignore it and stayed anyway. That was my first mistake. The Inn was very dirty. The swimming pool was almost a milk color but I was unaware of that until after I signed in and there was a big sign which read, No Refunds... Gee, I wish more people put the actual facts in their review rather than have their staff fill out bogus reviews.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank bigbaberuth
Reviewed 3 August 2008

We were looking forward to trying this hotel. I had printed a coupon that went into effect 08/03. When I got to the hotel,the clerk told me that the coupon had expired. I showed her the date and was then told that the coupon was for 1-2 people. After I assured her that was how many people would use the room,she told me the website had offered the coupon without permission. My coupon would not be honored,so I left & stayed at the Lazy Bear Inn,which was a great place! I visit Pigeon Forge 2-3 times per year,but will not attempt to make a reservation at the RiverBend Inn.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank carli66
Reviewed 15 July 2008

This is one of the nicer hotels in the area.It is very clean.The room size is above average with plenty of space to move about.The beds were very comfortable.The water pressure was great and the bathroom quite roomy.The room was quiet and you could not hear your neighborns.

I liked the nice long counter with the sink and cupboards in the room.Included in the room were a microwave,a refrigerator,a coffee maker and an iron and ironing board Would have been nice to have a floor lamp in the one corner near the table since it was rather dark in that area when the sun went down.

The only downside is what was suppose to be a hot breakfast.There were waffles available for heating in a toaster,toast,mini muffins,packages of both grits and oatmeal to be added to hot water and coffee,milk,tea bags and Sunny Delight to drink.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family