“The room ruined our anniversay weekend.”
Review of River Bend Inn

River Bend Inn
Ranked #60 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Birmingham, Alabama
“The room ruined our anniversay weekend.”
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The first night we slept on the bed we started itching. I thought the sheets were irritating our skin and I asked for clean sheets. Everytime we tried to sleep on the bed we started itching. The room had a jacuzzi and the tub was filthy. I called and asked to speak to the manager and he still hasn't called me back. I did speak to the person answering the phone and they denied ever having a problem. After doing research on the internet, I now know that the bed was infested with bedbugs. They also have a policy not to give refunds if you decide you don't want to stay there. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onetuffrn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at Riverbend Inn for our anniversary. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was super nice! The room was very clean, bathroom was neat and clean, had extra towels by the jacuzzi, smelled fresh, and the hallways were quite! Also, the staff was very friendly as we were checking in and out! We had an excellence experience and would defiantly stay there again! I recommend this hotel anyone who is looking for a nice romantic getaway and a reasonable price!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2010

When we travel all we require are a clean room, good bed and clean bath. You get that plus you get a great view, some rooms with balcony, and an average breakfast. Great location. If I had any suggestions it would be a better quality of sheets and pillows. We stayed there twice this year, in May and October and it is clean and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Kite, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Just got back from a two nite stay and it was my first and last time staying at River Bend Inn in Pigeon Forge. Booked a room for five people, 4 adults, I child age 8. Wasnt told there were no roll away beds (had I known this, I wouldnt have paid for the entire party). Tried to get blankets from the front desk to make a bed on the floor, and was told rudely that we could only have one or two...for a party of five. And there were no blankets on the beds either. Asked for towels,...only allowed three for a party of five. Upon getting the bed ready for the night, killed a cockroach on the bed..notified the front desk, and got an apology, but wasnt offered another room. My granddaugher was scared to sleep in the bed or the floor. Tried to talk to a manager but when she came she spoke spanish to the girl working behind the desk, even tho both knew english perfectly well. Oh, and as for the high speed internet, only if you take the tv cable and hook it to your pc....so you have to chose, watch tv or let one person on the net. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you want to be treated rudely and pay over 125.00 per night for the services we were given.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

paintsville
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Nice room, friendly service, clean, was pleasantly suprised. Good place to stay for the money.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Stayed at this motel in July which was a busy time of year. Traffic was awful. The motel itself was nice. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds very comfortable and I didn't hear any noise at all. The hallway carpet was pretty dirty. Continental breakfast was ok nothing really to brag about. Donuts would have been nice. Only thing I really have bad to say about this motel is the people that run it. They weren't very friendly. Just one guy was and you could tell he was from around here. So my advise to the owners put a smile on your face and be friendly. Thats what the south is known for.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The desk staff lie! The hotel is listed as brand new--NOT! Cleanliness ir horrible. Used washcloth was behind the bathroom door, mold on the shower curtain, trash & debri behind the credenza, spilled drink in the window sill. The box springs were covered in plastic which led me to research online and other guests had complained of bedbugs in the room next to ours. The sheets are of poor quality and no blankets. The pool is tiny and cold. Forget the so called free breakfast it amounts to toast, cereal, and frozen waffles. The room was rented for four guests but only stocked for three. You'd be better off staying in a tent!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family