“check mattress and pad”

Ranked #60 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Robinson Creek, Kentucky
“check mattress and pad”
Reviewed 23 January 2011

i had stayed at this hotel before and no problems decided to give it a try again we stayed in room 406 i found a dirty wash rag hanging over the shower and when we turned the sheets down i found little black things thought it was bugs it turned out not to be but upon looking further, i found the mattress pad had blood, and the mattress had a huge blood stain on it be sure if you use this hotel to check the bed

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eddog1963

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I took my 2 nephews to Pigeon Forge, TN on their Christmas break. Just a little treat since we didn't travel to Pigeon Forge during our regular scheduled time. I am not exaggerating....traffic was backed up from I-40 to Parkway!!! Bumper to bumper!!! I asked around to see why it was sooo crowded and why the room rates were really high. There was a big church get together called Xtreme Youths Conference. http://www.largegroupcabinrentals.com/xtreme-winter-conference.asp
I was not aware of this until is was much too late. I gave them to choice to travel to Pigeon Forge, TN or Biloxi, MS and they chose Pigeon Forge. On their next break, I will choose and we will be going to Biloxi. We did a little shopping, but we paid for it!!! Even at 6 and 7 in the evening, traffic was still backed up bumper to bumper. This was our first time staying at River Bend Inn. A very good room for the price including free internet, it was right at $60 dollars a night and that was really cheap compared to James Manor, Shular Inn and Holiday Inn Express. I liked the balcony even though it was too cold to enjoy it, lol. Other than the traffic, we enjoyed ourselves when we drove up to Sugarland and New Found Gap. Gatlinburg traffic was murder too!! Bumper to Bumper...I took a short cut and went through the Smoky Mountain National Park to avoid Gatlinburg. On our way home, traffic was still a mess, and it was the same....jammed from Parkway to I-40. Other than the conference, WE ALWAYS LOVE to visit PIGEON FORGE. We only stayed 2 days and that was 2 days too many. Our Pigeon Forge trips usually consist of 4-5 days. I think the hotel could have done a better job to remove the ice from the side entrance. I will stay at River Bend Inn again but maybe in the spring, summer or fall.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We stayed there after Christmas for $55. Nothing fancy, but it was fine.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbus, GA
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I had heard good things before arriving and had seen pictures in a brochure. It was not what I expected. First, the front desk help acted as if they were doing us a favor by allowing us to stay there. After 3 tries I finally got an electronic key to work by room door. The indoor pool was a joke (extremely small) and was milky looking the whole time.
They ran out of breakfast all 4 days I was there. There was not enough parking and signs every where warning you not to park in the lot belonging to the show next door.
The internet service is not wireless and the cable wasn't long enough to reach the table in the room or the bed. The internet service was soooo slow.

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank eke_brown
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The first night we slept on the bed we started itching. I thought the sheets were irritating our skin and I asked for clean sheets. Everytime we tried to sleep on the bed we started itching. The room had a jacuzzi and the tub was filthy. I called and asked to speak to the manager and he still hasn't called me back. I did speak to the person answering the phone and they denied ever having a problem. After doing research on the internet, I now know that the bed was infested with bedbugs. They also have a policy not to give refunds if you decide you don't want to stay there. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onetuffrn

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at Riverbend Inn for our anniversary. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was super nice! The room was very clean, bathroom was neat and clean, had extra towels by the jacuzzi, smelled fresh, and the hallways were quite! Also, the staff was very friendly as we were checking in and out! We had an excellence experience and would defiantly stay there again! I recommend this hotel anyone who is looking for a nice romantic getaway and a reasonable price!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2010

When we travel all we require are a clean room, good bed and clean bath. You get that plus you get a great view, some rooms with balcony, and an average breakfast. Great location. If I had any suggestions it would be a better quality of sheets and pillows. We stayed there twice this year, in May and October and it is clean and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple