“Do not look any further for a great hotel!!”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
naew31
“Do not look any further for a great hotel!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

This hotel is wonderful. This was my second stay and it was just as great as the first one.. The saltwater pool was warm, the internet worked great. The beds and breakfast were both fabulous. Wish there had been another meat offer besides sausage. The staff were fabulous. Daniel at the front desk was very friendly and courteous. Any member that we came in contact with spoke to us and would go above and beyond what we expected. Am looking forward to my next stay!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Tennessee
Reviewed 26 March 2011

This is our second visit to the Inn at Christmas Place and we love it. The Inn is so nice that you don't want to leave the place. The beds are the best I have every sleep on away from home and the Christmas atmosphere is wonderful. They have the best employees who are so kind, courteous and willing to help you with any needs you may have. Try to make your stay on a day the singing Santa is there. It is wonderful to see the kids sing with him and their eyes light up. The breakfast is so good that it's worth a visit just to get their breakfast. You won't regret a stay at the Inn at Christmas Place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
N.E. TN
Reviewed 25 March 2011

This is really the only place we stay when we take a short Getaway to Pigeon Forge. The staff is always courteous, friendly, and very helpful. This has to be the absolute cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. It has been everytime we've stayed there. Trust me. We thoroughly inspect any hotel room when we first arrive!

Walk right over to the Blue Moose for some awesome wings and sandwiches, or Little Tokyo for some Japenese Hibachi (they have early bird specials and sushi). Both of those places have always had great food. Christmas Inn takes care of breakfast for you. Nice big, hot breakfast. They do need to repair a couple games in the game room, but that is minor. You are after all in the arcade, go cart, mini golf, thrill ride capital of the Southeastern US. Most places have early bird ride and game specials before 11am. Enjoy

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2011

The first thing you notice as you draw near to the hotel is the beautiful landscaping amidst all of the touristy tack surrounding it. There is nothing else like it in the area--even compared to other "nice" hotels around. Of course, the entire hotel is centered around a Christmas theme, but it's very tastefully done--no plastic lawn Santas here! The Glockenspiel adds a nice touch, too. The rooms were comfortable and clean (with the exception of the floors. I noticed after an hour of running around the room that my son's socks were a very dingy gray from the carpet. Kind of gross, but that's probably pretty typical at any hotel). Housekeeping did a good job overall and left Hershey kisses as a treat for us every day. Due to the weather, we were limited to using the indoor pool. It's fine, but not terribly large. There is a hot tub off to the side though. :) If the weather had been warmer, I'm sure we would've enjoyed the outdoor pool.
Foodwise, breakfast was excellent! They had a chef on hand for made-to-order omelets (Hubby loved his!), a make-your-own waffle station, and two chefs serving up generous portions of biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes (excellently seasoned!), sausage, and ham. Plus they had your normal breakfast bar items--fruit, cereal, bagels, donuts, etc. Very tasty options! All day long coffee and hot apple "cider" (actually just hot apple juice) are set up in the lobby, and around 8:00 in the evening cookies are available at the front desk (Surprisingly they aren't that good though. We expected some sort of gourmet cookies, but these still had a plastic package taste to them).
The only true negatives we experienced--but managed to work around--were #1) The mini Christmas tree in our room. It sits on top of the entertainment center and was very bright. When we put two-year-old son to bed around 8:00 we discovered there was no way to easily turn it off. We asked at the front desk, but they said we could just unplug it. That involved some work since it was plugged in behind the entertainment center. Since we didn't plug it back in again until we left, I'm not sure if it would've stayed lit all night or not. If so, that would've been highly annoying. The point is that it would've been nice to have a little switch to turn the tree off and on with. #2) The music in the hall plays until 10:45/11:00 p.m. It's nice music, but not when you're trying to sleep. Normally we stay up until at least 11:00, but sometimes you're tired and just want to turn in early. The one night that we did that, my hubby fell asleep with no problem. However, the music kept me awake until it finally did shut off. So if you're a light sleeper and decide to go to bed early, that might be a problem. But those two things were so minor that they would not keep us from going back. We had a lovely time and would visit again in the future.
One last little note--the hotel has a frequent stay/loyalty program. For every $250(?) you spend you get $10 that you can either spend on a future stay or you can spend across the street at their Christmas store. You don't get the reward money until you check out though. If I'd realized I'd be getting that $10 at the end of our stay, I may have waited to make my purchases in their store until after I'd checked out. Oh well. I still managed to make use of it. ;)

1 Thank Kelvey2
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We visited the Inn last August - my two teenagers thought I was crazy to want to stay in a Christmas hotel in August. Since our stay, they keep talking about going back. Everything was wonderful about our stay. The rooms were amazing with comfortable beds that didn't hurt my back. I felt that my kids wanted to spend most of the time swimming than actually going to Dollywood, but that's fine. I loved the breakfast - especially the omelette station. My favorite "feature" of the hotel, however, would have to be the smell. When you walk into the hotel, there is a definite Christmas smell that I will always associate with the Inn. All in all, a wonderful stay and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2011

My wife and I made reservations to stay here one night for our 15 yr anniversary. Bellman greeted us at the door. 30 minutes after checking into our room, we heard a knock at the door to deliver fresh warm cookies. Our king room had a jucuzzi, gas fireplace with decorated mantel, decorated Christmas tree, and a huge glass door shower in the spacious bathroom. Breakfast was spectacular and Daniel "the omlette chef" was the friendliest hotel staffer we have ever met. After breakfast, we just could not stand the thought of leaving so we went to the front desk and asked to stay another night. The lobbies are the most beautifully decorated we have ever seen and the glockenspiel (sic) in the lower lobby played Christmas carols on 14 beautiful bells every hour! This hotel is truly amazing and we will be returning for special occasions as often as we can. They even had a special personalized Christmas ornament waiting in our room to commemorate our anniversary! Can't say enough good about this hotel, but now I can see why it earned a rating of #6 in the country by trip advisor!

• Stayed March 2011
Madison, AL
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My husband, son and I recently stayed here for two nights and all I can say is that I didn't want to leave! The hotel is beautifully decorated with the Christmas theme, the staff is great, the room was so clean, the bed was the most comfortable bed ever (we're thinking of ordering one). My son had a great time at the indoor pool, and love the cookies they offer at night! We have stayed here before and everything is still great as it was before! Can't wait to stay here again!