“Who says Disney is the happiest place on earth?”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Ariel PA
“Who says Disney is the happiest place on earth?”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am terribly late in writing this review. We stayed at The Inn at Christmas Place in March for my son's fifth birthday. What an awesome hotel! There is not one corner of the hotel that isn't immaculate and beautiful. The rooms are outstanding and the beds are not to be believed! The complimentary breakfast is wonderful although the dining room is pretty crowded. The coffee in the lobby is always fresh and delicious and my children loved the hot cider and cookies served in the evening. On a side note, my son has autism and had several meltdowns in the lobby and dining room area. The staff could not have been more kind or understanding. Especially the wonderful doormen who never tired of cheerfully opening the door for my son no matter how many times he wanted to go in and out. They had a big smile for him every time! Wonderful location, close to everything. Great staff and a great hotel! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous but I really enjoyed the view of the Christmas lights from our balcony. The l...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
baisden
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have been here before, but one of the main reasons we keep coming back is it is such a great place to stay and the atmosphere is just fantastic the rooms are always very clean . My wife and I stayed the night of the 24 of August we were traveling to Nashville so we decided to book a room at the inn before we left home it was our forty year wedding anniversary , and as always we were greeted with the most friendly staff . When we got to our room we found an ornament that was personalized just for us , you know little things like that plus breakfast and great hospitality makes a person want to come back to this place.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms aregood
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I can't say enough nice things about our stay here. The room was very nice and well kept. Immaculate. Someone even came by and made sure the room was cleaned to our satisfaction.

The location is perfect and you can walk to a lot of places. The decor is beautiful throughout the hotel.

The breakfast that comes with the room is great. Omelettes made to order. Biscuits and gravy. Waffles. Fresh fruit. Cheeses. Grits. Cereals and all the usual stuff like doughnuts and Danish. Plus at night they have cookies in the lobby.

The only thing I don't like is that when we travel with our dog we can't stay there because pets aren't allowed.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for a room with a private balcony but tell them you don't want it to be on the p...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2013

VERY clean! Awesomely decorated for Christmas - all year! We're Christmas nuts so we LOVED it. You can get Christmas movies from the lobby and watch them in the room. During the summer they have lemonade and cookies in the lobby every evening. The food was plentiful and good, but they ran out of a few things on Sunday, which was crazy busy, and we were told the "truck had not yet made their delivery & was late". We would love to go back and enjoy this place again. We took advantage of their "summer fun" special, so we were able to save a bit of money that way. Every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. Overall, it was probably the nicest place we've ever stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M P
Dickson, TN
Reviewed 27 August 2013

It's a beautiful hotel, the breakfast is great and the staff are pretty nice.

The hotel is just beautiful. I recommend walking through the hotel just to see the wonderful Christmas displays. (Each floor has it's own wonderful displays)

The free breakfast is amazing. You have to go early (before 9am) to have more of a selection. (The donuts and yogurts run out quickly) The food tastes great, especially the omelette's which are made to order. The woman that made our omelette's both mornings we were there was very friendly. She made my 8 yr old son's omelet "extra special". LOL
My complaints in the breakfast area are - the staff serves the breakfast. I can understand food control but it makes you a bit uneasy. Plus, there is a line of people so you can tell they are stressed and they are not friendly at all. (We encountered that both mornings) There is also not enough seating, even outside.

The rooms are very nice. Beds are comfortable and the room (including the bathroom) is decorated very nicely. We had a private balcony which was great. I would recommend it to everyone. Ours was facing the courtyard/main road and the kids loved it.

The outdoor pool was a lot of fun. The slide needs polishing. We all kept getting stuck going down. The indoor pool was a great temperature but smaller than I expected. Do love that it's open 24hrs.

The pool staff had a tendency to be a bit rude towards the kids. I understand safety but no need to be rude. We did have a great experience with a young man by the name of Levi. He made sure the kids were following the rules, safe and yet still having fun. He treated them with respect and that was a nice thing to see since the kids respected him back.

The gentlemen with the hats at the front door are just amazing!! They are super friendly and always make you feel welcome and special. A big thank you tho them for all their help.

When we went to check out, it was a busy day of check outs and check In's. I felt a bit rushed and not as friendly as when I checked in. They were still nice but not as much as check in.

We stayed here in July and were able to take advantage of the "Christmas in July" activities. They were really nice. My only regret is when they offered the rag doll making. There were prices listed at the table which (I thought) implied they were not part of the FREE activities provided by the hotel. We were on a tight budget so I had to tell my girls no.
When checking out, I asked the hotel staff and they said the prices were for the dolls already made. I was upset (mostly at myself) because my 3 girls really wanted to make one.

I would definitely come back and recommend this hotel. For the cost, I would come back in July & December. You get more for your money when they have the free activities.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. We live close to the pigeon forge area and over the years we have stayed at many of the hotels in the area. This one is the BEST by far. There are others that may be cheaper but they are not cleaner nor do they have the great beds that this place has.
Again our stay was magical, we had 2 rooms and traveled with 5 adults and 2 children. We all had a grand time. Place is very clean, best beds ever, game room is lots of fun, breakfast is awesome and of course the décor is amazing. If you enjoy Christmas then you will love this place.
Now the pools....great, awesome and lots of fun. They have indoor and outdoor, both heated. The outdoor has a water slide which was lots of fun for all. Plenty of seating was available at the pool area. They do not have an actual life guard but they do have an employee at the pool "watching over" things, making sure kids aren't running etc...the young man on pool duty when we were there was Levi and he was awesome. He is very good at his job....if he calls someone down, he does it one on one so nobody can hear what he is saying. He is very interactive with the guests....he threw the nerf ball back and forth with several of the guests. he included both boys and girls (if they wanted to play and some did) He was very friendly and polite. Would probably make a good manager someday.
There is coffee and lemonade in the hotel lobby all day and at night they put out cookies. You have to try the white Christmas coffee....WOW it is good. They have other activities at different times/days....singing Santa, story time, character visits, etc.
The hotel is located in a great area close to lots of food choices and attractions, walking distance to Starbucks, marble slab, Mellow Mushroom, just to name a few.
Its a great, fun family friendly place and we love it. We are already planning a third trip back soon. Only problem was having to leave. I want to work and live there...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Over the top!! It is August and I wish Christmas was here so I could use all of the decorating ideas that I came away with. The lady that was working the front desk upon on our arrival was helpful, professional and such a pleasure to talk with. The room was very clean and above expectations. The beds ROCK!! Breakfast was very tasty; my hubby loved the omelet station. We can't wait to come back and bring our family with us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple