“Excellent hotel in (almost) every way --- 4.5 out of 5”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent hotel in (almost) every way --- 4.5 out of 5”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is by far the most excellent hotel I have stayed in. Not only was it clean, but the grounds were incredibly well-kept, and the staff was friendly. My husband and I stayed there for two nights, and we hated to leave. The breakfast buffet (included in room fee) was delicious, and it was a nice addition, since many of the nicer hotels don't have a complimentary breakfast, and when they do, it's not this good. The hotel and it's grounds were beautiful. I was anxious about the Christmas theme being too much for my taste, but it was done in a very classy way, and it set a happy atmosphere. The room was spacious, quiet and very clean. There were several lamps for good lighting. There was plenty of storage space, as well as a safe in the room, which was great. The bed was so comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows. It was definitely the most comfortable sleep I have ever had in a hotel. The furnishings in the rooms were beautiful. I noticed that housekeeping spends a great amount of time in each room, which is sadly something you don't see everywhere.

The little touches made this hotel special. We went to celebrate our anniversary, so we had a custom ornament waiting in our room for us upon arrival. Also, there was a plate of cookies in our room. Upon exiting the elevator was a pretty Christmas display that was different for each floor. From 8-10 in the evenings, they serve a variety of cookies. Doormen greet you as you enter/exit, and they are glad to assist people as they come and go. The fireplace is lit at night, you can write a letter to Santa, and Christmas music plays in the hotel. The hallways smelled great; not musty like a lot of hotels. Even if you didn't have a room with a patio/balcony, there were plenty of places to sit outside and enjoy the fresh mountain air.

My husband and I truly loved this hotel. I wanted to give this place a 5, but we had one little setback. We arrived to check in around 2:00, and our room wasn't ready, so we went on to Dollywood. We got back at 7:00, and found out that we had accidentally been charged their "no-show" fee since we weren't there at 4:00 to pick up our key, even though we had already technically checked in (and paid for the room). Sure, this was a minor issue, but the charge was taken out of our account anyway, and we have yet to get our refund in (due to bank delays probably, hopefully). Everyone we have had to talk to about this issue has been polite and helpful, but it was still an unnecessary experience that you don't want on vacation. When you are on vacation, you don't want to have to worry about missing an extra $115. I would still gladly a 4.5 rating, but the rating system doesn't work that way on this website.

We can't wait to get back to this hotel, and give it a "5" rating next time. We loved the hotel, and truly hated to leave. It was a wonderful place to stay, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else for any future trips.

Room Tip: If you don't mind other guests being around, the rooms with balconies/patios are an unnecessary...
Green Features: You have the option to re-use towels to save water. You also have the option to keep the same sheets on your bed so they can save more water.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We would like to thank the staff for a wonderful experience. The rooms were very clean and all of the amenities you would expect plus more were available. We have already made our reservations for Christmas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lexington
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here in March of 2014 and everything about it is first class. Great customer service and very clean, comfortable rooms. They even left a special treat for my wife and I on our 1 year anniversary.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sc8383
Callahan, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The minute you arrive you immediately know this place is different,The doormen are more than helpful with anything you may need.Front desk staff are some of the friendliest that you will meet they know everything about the inn and the surrounding area WARNING..the breakfast is not your normal fare it is supurb in every way if you leave hungry on your way to Dollywood then shame on you

Room Tip: Go all out Get the fully decorated rooms you will be pleased,request a room that faces the road bett...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Spanky24930
Turner, Maine, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I visited Pigeon Forge earlier this month and stayed at this hotel for the entire week. The room was clean, very inviting and overlooked the courtyard area. We really liked having a refrigerator we could actually use rather than one stocked with all kinds of things a hotel tries to get you to buy at their ridiculous prices. It was very roomy and comfortable. Loved the beds/pillows!!!!
We enjoyed all the beautiful Christmas decor and the Christmas spirit of this hotel -even in the middle of spring!
The daily breakfast offerings were wonderful-and included in our stay so we felt that was a pretty good deal.
We would most certainly return to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I must admit I love Christmas so the thought of staying at a Christmas themed hotel during spring break in April didn't seem very odd to me. Some of my friends thought I was a bit nuts but I don't care because I loved this hotel! The rooms are very clean - the bathrooms are the cleanest I've ever seen in a hotel. Each room is well decorated but not over the top to put you in a cheery Christmas mood. Make sure you catch a round of the Glockenspeil - if possible make a special note to catch the final performance of the night. The only downfalls I noted about the hotel (and they were minor) is the rooms are very dark especially with the curtains closed (didn't realize how late I'd slept as there was no sun light in the room) and the lower lever corner room I stayed in had poor cell phone service. Overall, I'd come back and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I booked a room on the 1st floor hoping to avoid stairs/elevators and found out when I arrived the 1...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have stayed here several times and it never fails to impress. Every aspect of the Inn at Christmas Place has been so meticulously planned that it is just perfection. Stay here and you certainly won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family