“Not worth the money & need to work on cleaning”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had read all the reviews & looked at pictures & was so excited about staying here. The staff was very nice upon check-in. No complaints there, the room wasn't very nice at all. They weren't very clean & the bathroom smelled like urine. The breakfast wasn't very good either, small portions & not the quality food you think you would get a 4 star hotel. Tv very small & the bed sure didn't seem like a queen size bed. I will not be staying there again & you won't get any sleep from all the traffic!

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Wildcatfanz
JanetDonaldson, Marketing at The Inn at Christmas Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We are very sorry to hear that we did not live up to our promise to you for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your letting us know where we missed the mark, so that we are reminded to continually evaluate the way we do things and ways to do things better.

I do hope that you alerted housekeeping to the problems you found in the room - as a traveler myself, I know cleanliness is at the top of my list, and I hope we were able to take care of that for you right away. All our beds are either King or Queen, but if you felt cramped, we are very sorry. It is also a disappointment to hear that you did not enjoy the generous choices we offer with our breakfast buffet service. Earlier this year, we replaced all our TVs with new, 32" HD-optimized models to take advantage of the latest service from our cable provider.

It just seems that perhaps our hotel is not a good fit for you, and we are sorry to hear it. However, there are many lovely properties in the area, and we hope you'll find one you really enjoy and come back to Pigeon Forge to take advantage of all it has to offer.

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Christmas Place

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful and front desk staff was friendly. My boys loves the indoor pool (which never closes) and the water slide outdoor was awesome. I loved the big clock in the lobby . Santa did appear at 8pm and it was awesome. I wish there had been a hotel like this when I was a kid. Rudolph made an appearance at breakfast and the breakfast was great. Anything you could think of was on it, even pecan pie.

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Wait. We had pecan pie for breakfast? No one told me about this! This is great! I may be a little late to work tomorrow...

It's so wonderful to hear that you and your children enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer! We appreciate your letting us know that you experienced the magic of Christmas while you were with us - isn't Christmas just a little more fun with a big water slide?!

We hope you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Enjoyed the hotel theme. Staff generally was very nice. Enjoyed looking around the hotel at the Christmas displays. Totally enjoyed the Christmas tree in our room. Had Santa at 9 am for photos with the kids. Thought was was a great touch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I don't know about you, but I think one of the things to enjoy about a Christmas tree in your hotel room is that you didn't have to put it up and decorate!

So glad you enjoyed our Christmas spirit and the hotel décor. We'd sure love to hear about any ways in which we could improve our service and value to earn that extra credit from you!

Come again soon, and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you and your family are into Christmas this is a must. This hotel is completely decorated In beautiful breath taking decorations. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They always have some fun activity going on each day, and every floor is decorated different. Our family has stayed there before and came back again and nothing was the same. They continue to grow and add new designs throughout the hotel as well as beautiful gardens and pond to look at. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. Cookies at night brought to your room complementary breakfast, and delicious coffee available all day in lobby. What's also cool is if you like the decorations you see you can also purchase them. If you are coming to pigeon forge, seveirville, or Gatlinburg tn book a stay at the Christmas Place you wont regret it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay - and that you noticed our hard work to keep things new and fun for every guest. I'll be sure to let the team know that their efforts have been successful - we couldn't do it without every elf on board.

We're glad you took the time to let everyone know about your visit, and hope you continue to come back to Tennessee - we're pretty proud of our area, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and all that there is to see and do around here.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had extremely high hopes of staying here and after reading all the great reviews, even though we were paying $200 a night I was expecting a great experience....Until you ask for more blankets. We ask for two and when they were brought up we realized how thin they were. I called the front desk and spoke with Linda who told me no, because we have met our max for the room. I told her I don't understand if I'm paying $200 a night why I can't have 2 more blankets. I was then transferred to a very condescending man named Matt. I explained to him I'm just asking for 2 more blankets and he kept saying "No, you're asking for 4." Thanks Matt, I can count. He then said he would give me 2 more but would put a $20 hold on my room and after check out they will inventory my room and if they are there the charge won't go through. Trust me, I have no desire to steal your thin blankets and am offended that you would think I would do so. You have a rack full of towels by the pool that are not regulated but ask for more blankets and you will be treated like you are looking for a five fingered discount. I informed Matt that I will be writing a review and he said that was fine. Thanks The Inn for going that extra mile and showing how much you care.

• Stayed: June 2014
10  Thank Katie100513

It's never easy to hear about it when we mess up, but we really made a mess of things this time.

Both Matt and I are so very sorry that you had such an unfortunate experience over such a mundane item as extra blankets. We had a huge communications snafu on our part, and we managed to ruin your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for our mistake.

I have talked with the general manager, and he was able to find out where we went wrong. In order to help housekeeping keep track of things, we implemented what was meant to be a simple plan to put a note in the computer when extra blankets, pillows, towels, etc. are delivered to a room. It was meant to be a simple record for internal efficiency in managing supplies on each floor. It was, however, not clearly communicated to all the management team, and Matt did not get a proper explanation of the procedure. He truly apologies for his failure to understand what you needed, what we expected him to do for you, and for sounding condescending to you.

Thank you for holding us accountable for our lousy service. We appreciate being able to address the problem, and have changed the system - and readdressed the issue with the entire management staff. We have completely disappointed ourselves in turning what should have been a positive experience into a bad memory.

We can only hope that we may earn a second chance to provide you with an entirely delightful stay at The Inn. Until then, we certainly wish you happy travels!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We love staying at The Inn at Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, TN. It is always so clean and fresh and the people just go out of their way to make you happy and comfortable. We stayed for our 45th anniversary and we loved it. We have stayed here several and will stay again. I want to take my 3 granddaughters back there soon. They will love it,.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 45LoveToTravel2

Congratulations on your 45th anniversary! We are honored that you chose to stay with us for this special occasion.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience - we hope others will enjoy the same hospitality and comfort - and that your granddaughters will be back soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We try to make it to stay at the Christmas Inn every few months. Staying here really makes staying at any other hotel a challenge. Everything is so warm, inviting, clean, and friendly at the Inn. On top of the superb condition of the facilities, you have the added bonus of a festive Christmas environment--even successfully pulled off in the midst of summer.

My daughter (and admittedly me) love the fresh, warm cookies in the evenings, the visits with Mr. or Mrs. Claus and the amazing breakfast spread provided each morning. Sometimes when my daughter and I visit here, we fail to do anything else in the Pigeon Forge area because we love the hotel so much. The outdoor water facilities are fun, clean, and wonderful--the indoor pool isn't just another consolation pool for when you can't be outside, it's in a well appointed room full of festive decor. We love walking the grounds, seeing the floral and fauna as well. I'm looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We love hearing that you come sometimes just to enjoy the hotel - especially when there is so much happening in the area! How delightful that you have made us your home-away-from-home.

Thank you for taking the time to write about the things you most enjoy about The Inn. We'll look forward to seeing you again - many more times.

Happy travels!