“Not what I expected”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ashland, Ohio
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotels itself was beautiful but we stayed there for the hottub we checked in and no one told us the hot tub did not work. The shower didnot work the maitnance guys told us we didnt know how to work it . Its a shower it had no pressure so the next day they sent another maitnance guys and he was friendly and he figured out the problem which was not us! later that evening we came back to are room and the light bulbs were blown. The decorations were dusty as well. The good is the beds are very comfy and the breakfast is awsome if it wasnt for those two things we would have left!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank April T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great for kids! Christmas everywhere! Two pools and lemonade and cookies each afternoon and evening! They may have something else in the cold months. Good location. We enjoyed our stay and will return.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. It would be preferable.
Green Features: You can opt to not have clean towels and bed linens if you wish.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol G
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went on a mini vacation to celebrate 15th anniversary, chose to stay at the Inn at Christmas Place because we were so pleased with our first stay there earlier this year. When we arrived at 4 (check in time), I was told that our room was not ready and that it would be 30 minutes until our room would be ready. The reason I was given is that the cleaning staff were running behind. I'm not so sure that is true as we were the only ones that had to wait for their room to be ready for check in. I have NEVER been told before that there is no room ready for me at check in time at any other hotel before. We sat in the lobby with our luggage and waited and waited and waited until 4:30. I do not know the individuals name who checked me in as he did not have a name tag on. He kept walking away from me into another room (maybe an office) and then he would come back and then he would leave again. There was no offer of any savings on our bill for having to wait. The breakfast is delicious! Everyone else was very friendly during our stay. The craft time was great! We loved the pool and the fun activities that were planned for that day. Other than the check in experience, everything else was great and I would have given the hotel a perfect rating. We will probably stay here again. If the check in experience is as poor as this last one was on a future stay...we will not be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard for a good view.
Green Features: Hotel gives you the option of using towels more than once and also to just have the bed remade without changing the sheets.
2 Thank Susan S
Hampstead, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm a retired Sergeant Major from the Marines and now I'm a Deputy Sheriff. I've traveled to 73 countries and stayed in a lot of very nice hotels. The Inn at Christmas Place is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed. Super friendly and hepful staff, rooms are inspection ready clean, the grounds are emactulate, breakfast is top-notch. There's nothing about this hotel that's not #1 all around. My wife and daughters loved it so much, we'll be coming back for Christmas. I highly recommend this hotel to anybody. #1 hotel..............hands down.

3 Thank Steve R
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Another great visit! My family and I just finished our second stay at The Inn at Christmas Place and were once again extremely pleased. The hotel has so much to offer and is managed with great care and pride. With lemonade, cookies, popcorn, movies by the pool, Santa visits, full hot breakfasts, and seemingly endless activities that families can participate in, you can't lose!

Christmas decorations and sweet smells permeate the property and will deliver you to December 25th. The beds are really comfortable and surrounded by lots of relaxing pillows. The rooms are also decorated with a lighted Christmas tree. Our room was on the first floor and had an outdoor patio to relax on. The staff is so pleasant and welcoming that you will not want to leave. From the doormen to Santa Claus.....Southern hospitality awaits you!

2 Thank Ratpack246
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from a mountain vacation with our teenage boys. This hotel was lovely and fun and despite the on-site family attractions Christmas theme, which on paper could seem over-the-top, it was still quiet and relaxing. Couples without children would enjoy it just as well. The doormen were always friendly and eager to greet and assist you and make returning each day a pleasure. The pools, both indoor and outdoor, were well-maintained and our boys enjoyed them thoroughly. There were activities each evening ranging from live music to movies by the pool with popcorn served by the staff. My teenagers loved going down for the fresh, hot cookies each night. The rooms were beautiful, and it was a treat going on the balcony each evening and looking out over the lovely mountains and beautiful courtyard. The rooms were clean and the decorations were sweet and not-at-all cheesy. In fact, the rooms and hotel as a whole, are much more upscale in person than in photos. All-in-all, it was an excellent experience, and I cannot imagine staying elsewhere in Pigeon Forge. I have already encouraged my friends and family members to try it!

Room Tip: We chose the Courtyard view with a balcony and thoroughly enjoyed it as we were up on the fourth flo...
4 Thank KSJ971
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 July 2014

On our way home from Walt Disney World, we surprised our kids (ages 4, 5, and 6) with a night at the Christmas Hotel. We've also visited in 2013 and 2012 and just can't seem to get enough of the Christmas Magic! After spending six nights in a moderate Disney Resort, The Inn at Christmas Place was like coming home! The rooms are immaculate and every employee is friendly and helpful. They acknowledge guests with a friendly smile and a hello! We love the indoor/outdoor pools. They are clean and refreshing! There are many good restaurants within walking distance. The grounds are beautifully maintained! At 8:00 pm, fresh cookies are available at the front desk. The deluxe breakfast bar has a good variety of hot and cold items to choose from. Hot items are actually served to you and the omelets are made to order! Each morning, children can meet a character from the North Pole! I wish Disney would take some tips from the Inn at Christmas Place! Friendliness, cleanliness, and comfort go a long way! Plus, who doesn't love a Hershey Kiss on their pillow?

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room away from the elevators with a balcony. The views are worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family