“WOW!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee, United States
“WOW!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great place to stay! My hotel room met my expectations for the price I paid. The interior of the room had marble counter tops, Christmas theme, and dark wood furniture. The staff that I spoke to were friendly. I also liked the fact that the hotel posted daily events happening at the hotel, which of course, were Christmas themed. The breakfast provided by the hotel far exceeded my expectations. They provide a wide variety of foods to choose from. Note: The hotel is located close to the new "The Island" shops.

Room Tip: The higher priced rooms overlook a beautiful courtyard/garden. The courtyard includes a pond, waterf...
Green Features: Guests change choose to have their towels and sheets changed daily.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at The Inn. We've been to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area many times, but had never stayed here until our most recent trip. My daughters, 8 and 14, loved it as much as I did. Beautiful Christmas decorations everywhere, including our room. We splurged on a king suite with turret balcony and I was so glad we did. In addition to the usual room decoration, it had a full-size Christmas tree and garland around the fireplace, both of which had lights. We took full advantage of the beautiful pool areas: the slide was a lot of fun and both pools we're beautifully maintained. We borrowed Christmas movies from the front desk each night, and watched them in the room with all but the tree lights turned off while eating the cookies that the hotel provided each night. The breakfast buffet was amazing! Lots of choices - eggs, pancakes, waffles, cereal, plates of cheeses, and sweets galore. Every single person on the staff was friendly and helpful. The landscaping was beautiful.

I rate the hotel excellent in all categories except cleanliness, which I rate Very Good. And that's only because the carpets in my room and hall areas definitely need a good cleaning. Also, wait until after you check out to buy things at the store, because you get a $10 off coupon when you leave.

Room Tip: If we stay here again, I will spend the extra $10 per night for a courtyard view room.
Statesville, N.C.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I booked a one night Dine & Sleep Package at this hotel for July 19th. The day before we left I called and asked to upgrade to a two night stay. The "reservation specialist" told me that it was no problem and she changed us to a two night stay with a courtyard view. When we arrived the desk clerk went over our reservation and said one night. I explained we changed to a two night.

The clerk, who was a very courteous and helpful young man, checked and checked but could not find it. He went to speak with the manager and then came back to me. He told me that all they could do was to change me to another room for both nights with no courtyard view, or we could have a courtyard view one night and another room the next. We chose the later. The manager even stuck her head out to say, "this will save you $8.00"! Really? You messed up the reservation and you can only save me $8.00? Sure hope they don't go bankrupt from that $8.00.

We stayed in a courtyard view room on Saturday and when we left for the day on Sunday we turned in our keys and our bags were to be moved to the next room that day. The desk clerk that morning asked for my cell number and said she would call me when the room was ready. At 4:00 we went to the hotel to see if the room was ready or not;; it was ready. Thanks for the phone call! The second night we had a lovely view of Starbucks next door. Wow! I guess that may excite some, but personally, I don't do Starbucks.

Oh well, overall the hotel is very clean. The beds are very comfortable and the breakfast is phenomenal! The housekeeping staff and Doormen are very friendly and go out of their way to smile and speak to you. The property itself is well maintained. They have many activities for children planned throughout the day and evening. Santa usually shows up in the evenings and sings Christmas songs. Then, there are the free cookies each evening. There is always fresh coffee and juice at the front desk.

Again, I cannot say enough good things about the property overall. The reservations people, several desk clerks, and maybe this one manger need additional training. We may stay here again at some point, but it will be a while before I get over this experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a courtyard view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beachkidd
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Started out good. Second night the bathtub above us overflowed and at 3:00 in the morning started dripping into our tub. Didn't sleep at all with all the dripping going on. Had driven 10 hours the night before and we were exhausted. Didn't contact them til 7 am so my kid could sleep gave us only a 50.00 credit for our trouble
The beds are nice and the place is clean. Breakfast is good

Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotels itself was beautiful but we stayed there for the hottub we checked in and no one told us the hot tub did not work. The shower didnot work the maitnance guys told us we didnt know how to work it . Its a shower it had no pressure so the next day they sent another maitnance guys and he was friendly and he figured out the problem which was not us! later that evening we came back to are room and the light bulbs were blown. The decorations were dusty as well. The good is the beds are very comfy and the breakfast is awsome if it wasnt for those two things we would have left!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank April T
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great for kids! Christmas everywhere! Two pools and lemonade and cookies each afternoon and evening! They may have something else in the cold months. Good location. We enjoyed our stay and will return.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. It would be preferable.
Green Features: You can opt to not have clean towels and bed linens if you wish.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol G
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went on a mini vacation to celebrate 15th anniversary, chose to stay at the Inn at Christmas Place because we were so pleased with our first stay there earlier this year. When we arrived at 4 (check in time), I was told that our room was not ready and that it would be 30 minutes until our room would be ready. The reason I was given is that the cleaning staff were running behind. I'm not so sure that is true as we were the only ones that had to wait for their room to be ready for check in. I have NEVER been told before that there is no room ready for me at check in time at any other hotel before. We sat in the lobby with our luggage and waited and waited and waited until 4:30. I do not know the individuals name who checked me in as he did not have a name tag on. He kept walking away from me into another room (maybe an office) and then he would come back and then he would leave again. There was no offer of any savings on our bill for having to wait. The breakfast is delicious! Everyone else was very friendly during our stay. The craft time was great! We loved the pool and the fun activities that were planned for that day. Other than the check in experience, everything else was great and I would have given the hotel a perfect rating. We will probably stay here again. If the check in experience is as poor as this last one was on a future stay...we will not be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard for a good view.
Green Features: Hotel gives you the option of using towels more than once and also to just have the bed remade without changing the sheets.
2 Thank Susan S