“Magical!”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I absolutely LOVED this place! It was quaint, cozy, beautifully decorated throughout, and filled me with a sense of Christmas magic and wonderment I haven't felt since I was young. Our bedroom was PHENOMENAL! Great view from the balcony, and the room was extravagantly elegant. We had a jetted tub in the room, a working fireplace, and our very own decorated Christmas tree. The mantle over the electric fireplace was decorated as well. The bed was covered in beautiful linens and slept like a dream; I didn't want to get out of it. Also, a small but great perk were the hand soaps in the bathroom which are exclusive to the hotel, made of glycerin, and smelled divine.
Combine all of this with a super-friendly staff, amenities like fresh cookies in the lobby, along with an array of coffee and hot chocolate, and carols being sung. Wow, what a terrifically magical place to stay; I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our second time staying at the Inn at Christmas Place. The Inn is in a great location with easy access to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, entertainment in Pigeon Forge, great dining, and family fun. The property is immaculately clean, great staff, great housekeeping, and a full breakfast bar. The staff goes out of their way to give great service and a comfortable stay. This is a family oriented property and my daughters, age 8 and 10, both described their stay as "awesome." Thanks Inn at Christmas Place!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the third through fifth floor.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We have wanted to stay here for quite a while, and we just believed it was a little out of our budget to schedule. So, we have tried staying elsewhere over the years; however, we have never been 100% pleased with the other places. This year, we decided to look into the Christmas Place Inn, again, and they happened to have a 15% summer discount, and after looking at the other places available, it was going to be the same price. So, we booked for a week... I don't think we'll ever stay anywhere else again!!
Our stay has been absolutely awesome! The inn is incredibly decorated. The rooms are beautiful - roomy, comfortable and even have a Christmas tree and lighted garland over the fireplace mantle. The beds are incredibly comfortable, and the hotel serves yummy coffee and lemonade all day and cookies in the evening, all in the lobby. They have a great pool, with a fun slide and water "park" area, indoor pool and hot tub. This week, they had movies & popcorn at the pool on Monday, storytelling and bow-making on Tuesday, snow cones by the pool on Wednesday, and s'mores roasting at the fire pit on Friday. It's all been great fun for the kids, and the location of the inn is great, too. Right next door, there is Mellow Mushroom, Starbucks, and MagiQuest. Across the street is the Christmas Place store, and just down the road a bit (light walking distance) is the Racetrack (go carts, etc.) and Waldens Landing, which has all kinds of shops, restaurants and entertainment, including a cinema. If you want to stay in a wonderful, whimsical place that's great for children and adults alike, this is the place to come!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank mgriz
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We loved our 3rd floor courtyard view with balcony room. We added a night, but they had to move us to a 1st floor patio room. We liked 3rd floor better because our 1st floor room was near the kitchen & it did not smell very good down that hall. It's weird that it smelled bad because their breakfast is great - Omelet bar, eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits, gravy, ham, potatoes, fruit, doughnuts, etc. There was extra
seating in another room close by and outside. My three children enjoyed the evening cookies & lemonade (crystal lite). Beds were comfortable. I wish I would have taken my own pillow though. We had to request extra towels & they were sent right up. We walked next door to Bullfish grill which was really good. Starbucks & Mellowmushroom within walking distance, too. We bought our Dollywood tickets & show ticket to America's Hit Parade from concierge desk. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Several people told us that this Hotel was special and we should try it. Well, they were right. We were expecting a cheesy Christmas theme place, but in reality all the decorations and Christmas theme is done in a extremely classy way. Just the art work in the hallways and in the rooms is very impressive. The docorations are great, looked to us to be very expensive. A real treat was the Christmas clock on the 1st floor. It drew a big crowd every hour and we soon learned why. The hotel provided special entertainment that was excellent. Santa himself was a great singer! The bluegrass band was great. They had craft for the kids, which they loved. The pool was also great fun... big fun slide. I could go on and on. We balked at the price at first, but the free breakfast they provide will blow you away! Add to that all the super entertainment, crafts, super location, and etc.... and the price was well worth it. Oh, and another thing... there are several great eating places within easy walking distance of the Hotel! Our dinner the the Bullfish was wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor... with the great view of the Smokey Mountains!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great place to stay! My hotel room met my expectations for the price I paid. The interior of the room had marble counter tops, Christmas theme, and dark wood furniture. The staff that I spoke to were friendly. I also liked the fact that the hotel posted daily events happening at the hotel, which of course, were Christmas themed. The breakfast provided by the hotel far exceeded my expectations. They provide a wide variety of foods to choose from. Note: The hotel is located close to the new "The Island" shops.

Room Tip: The higher priced rooms overlook a beautiful courtyard/garden. The courtyard includes a pond, waterf...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at The Inn. We've been to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area many times, but had never stayed here until our most recent trip. My daughters, 8 and 14, loved it as much as I did. Beautiful Christmas decorations everywhere, including our room. We splurged on a king suite with turret balcony and I was so glad we did. In addition to the usual room decoration, it had a full-size Christmas tree and garland around the fireplace, both of which had lights. We took full advantage of the beautiful pool areas: the slide was a lot of fun and both pools we're beautifully maintained. We borrowed Christmas movies from the front desk each night, and watched them in the room with all but the tree lights turned off while eating the cookies that the hotel provided each night. The breakfast buffet was amazing! Lots of choices - eggs, pancakes, waffles, cereal, plates of cheeses, and sweets galore. Every single person on the staff was friendly and helpful. The landscaping was beautiful.

I rate the hotel excellent in all categories except cleanliness, which I rate Very Good. And that's only because the carpets in my room and hall areas definitely need a good cleaning. Also, wait until after you check out to buy things at the store, because you get a $10 off coupon when you leave.

Room Tip: If we stay here again, I will spend the extra $10 per night for a courtyard view room.