“Very neat and family friendly”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Very neat hotel. Very friendly staff that go out of their way to say good morning and hello. Seriously we didn't pass one that didn't speak to us and everybody there was very respectful and polite. Pool was very clean and had a slide that was fun for a mid 20's adult. My wife is a Christmas crazy and this is defiantly a great place to stay. Endless amount of coffee during the day and fresh baked cookies at night. We highly recommend this place especially if you have small children. Although somewhat pricy, an awesome place to visit. Will visit again.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Flatbroke68
JanetDonaldson, Marketing at The Inn at Christmas Place, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Now wait a minute - there's no such thing as "Christmas crazy" - there's just "Christmas every day" - but that's definitely not crazy! We're siding with your wife. ;)

So glad you enjoyed the hotel and all it has to offer - for kids of all ages. We take our commitment to offering the best hospitality in town very seriously - thanks for noticing. Come back in the winter, and we'll have hot apple cider or hot chocolate to go with your cookies, too, although that coffee is pretty hard to beat.

It will be great to see you again one day soon. Until then, we wish you happy travels!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My daughter and I traveled to this hotel because she was fascinated with the notion of a Christmas hotel. We stayed 2 nights. Basically this is a hotel with a lot of Christmas decorations. I'm sure as a child I would find this fascinating, however, it appeared that the majority of guests were seniors. The hotel itself is very clean and our room was quite room, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom spacious and I liked that the room had a microwave and fridge. I would give this a 5 except for the food. Although the hotel serves breakfast in the morning, the food is extremely bland. All of it! The first day I was served a made to order omelet which was very boring. There is a "buffet" of items but they have a server behind it "doling" out the portions which were very small. The food is quite tasteless. Even that would have been okay, but the second morning that we were there, I was in buffet being served by the young lady behind the table when a gentleman came along and blatantly stepped in front of me and demanded food. In itself, it was rude but then as he walked away, the server apologized to me and then told me that the man was the owner of the hotel. Wow! Really?? I could not believe my ears. I am a retired hotel employee and I know all about the hospitality business. He didn't even say excuse me when he stepped in front of me. I was tempted to call him out but decided that it wasn't worth my time. How unprofessional. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't let them upwell you on a balcony. They face a noisy road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Swindleheimer

I'm glad your daughter had the opportunity to experience a Christmas hotel, though it sounds like you missed out on some of the fun. Did you get to meet Santa or Mrs. Claus at breakfast, or hear one of Santa's evening concerts? From our Toy Soldier doormen to a Christmas tree in every room, we do celebrate Christmas every day. Lots of kids love coming to the hotel - but we see fewer children when school is in session, as you might expect. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the room appointments and our "Sleep in Heavenly Peace" mattresses!

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at breakfast the second morning. The gentleman in question is not an owner, but an in-law of one of the owners. A restaurateur himself, perhaps he did not realize he had cut in front of someone else, as he is generally known to be very gracious and hospitable. In any event, I'm so sorry that you felt slighted and rudely treated. We do not want the actions of any staff, owner, or even another guest to cause someone to feel affronted. I apologize.

Not all our balconies face the parkway, we also have some lovely balcony rooms facing the mountains.

We would love to have another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel and to Pigeon Forge. Christmas In July is a great time to visit, when, as in the month of December, we offer extra daily activities exclusively for our guests. Pigeon Forge (and the rest of the county) turns on its Winterfest lights in early November, and there are many interesting activities throughout the area at almost any time of year.

Until you find yourself back in Pigeon Forge, we do wish you happy travels!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had booked a different hotel on Expedia and were on our way to Pigeon Forge, about 40 miles out we received a call that our other hotel was sold out. They worked with the manager here and got us a room. We had seen this place many times as we travel to this area at least twice a year. We enjoyed the over the top Christmas decor and our room had a gas log and nice balcony. The large jacuzzi tub was also a nice surprise. Great breakfast and coffee. They always had coffee ready in the lobby also. Cookies in the evening were also a nice surprise. I believe we will definitely return because we were impressed! Great job here guys!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RastaMatt

What a happy accident for us, too! So glad we were able to meet your need for accommodations - and surprise you a little, too.

We'll look forward to your next visit - and know you'll be looking forward to it as well.

Happy travels!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was a surprise trip for my husband's birthday , I booked a certain room overlooking the courtyard told them this was a surprise ,what did they do called him and blew it,didn't get the room I booked either. I thought I would give them another try after they did the same thing on our 25th anniversary. We love Christmas and think this could be a good place if they had anyone capable of making a correct reservation and that could follow simple direction. Due to this same thing happing our family has cancelled their reservation in December, all 9 families have decided to just go to Biltmoe .

Room Tip: If your looking for a view,ask what it will be.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Gregory A

Oh, we are so sorry to have spoiled the surprise! It is our routine policy to call ahead to confirm reservations, for the convenience of guests who might need to make a change. If it was noted with your reservation, we definitely should not have called, and I am very sorry for our mistake.

I understand that your first room was not to your liking, and though we were able to move you to a courtyard view, we did not have the same room type available during your stay. Again, I'm sorry that we could not accommodate that request.

In looking to the past, we noted that on your anniversary stay we were able to move you to a higher floor with a room upgrade. I'm not sure what we might have done on that trip which inconvenienced you or was incorrect, but I apologize for any problem you may have experienced with our service on that occasion.

We are sorry to hear that your family will not be enjoying all our Christmas activities in December, but we know you'll find Biltmore to be an extraordinary experience for the holidays. They have such magnificent decorations there - we are a bit envious of their high ceilings, but please don't tell them we said so!

Happy travels,

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

A very creative Christmas themed hotel with very friendly staff! It makes you feel like your staying in a Christmas Wonderland! Even if your not staying in December (around the Holiday Season) you still will love this hotel! Everything is beautifully decorated, from the lobby to the hallways to your room! It's a cool experience that you don't want to miss!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Adamthetraveler8
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was the best hotel that you could possibly ever stay at if you love Christmas! Everywhere you looked was decorated. It was traditionally done not tacky and not over the top. It was very clean. Our room was a suite with a fireplace and a balcony. The only complaint I have is that Santa wasn't there and I specifically booked a Thursday night because they advertised that he would be there and I called to confirmed what nights he was there and they said Thursdays and Saturdays. i booked 2 rooms one for me and my husband and one for my sister in law and her husband. Don't advertise something if you're not going to do it. I see on here that he wasn't there Saturday of that week either. Other than that the cookies and lemonade were great and so were the movies. Also the staff could be a little happier. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We and our 13 year old granddaughter shared a room here two night's in August. Our daughter, her husband, and our grandson were in a nearby room. The location of the hotel is terrific. It fronts the main busy street and there's a light at the intersection. A Starbucks was within walking distance as were several restaurants and attractions. However, the back of the parking lot led to a less busy road and we avaided a lot of traffic by using it, including going to Dollywood.
We were greeted by a friendly doorman who got a luggage cart for us and offered his help. The front desk people were helpful. I was surprised that I didn't see Pigeon Forge informational brochures available. Coffee is always available (no cup lids??) as was lemonade. A pianist was playing in the lobby when we arrived and later a blue grass band played. Cookies were available every night as were other activities (I was sorry to miss roasting marshmallows!!).
Our room was a good size and had a mini-fridge and microwave. Everything was clean and comfortable. We had a lighted decoration over the tv (a foot pedal turned off the lights) and other Christmas decorations around the room. Our daughter's room had a lighted tree and a balcony (but a roof obstructed any view--this was mentioned at reservation time).
Breakfast was better than we expected. We ate on the patio one morning. Santa appeared the second morning. There was an omelet station, make your own pancakes and waffles, scrambled eggs, potatoes, ham and sausage, biscuits, pastries, juices, and lots more. Everything tasted great.
The grounds were a surprise. They created a calm oasis next to the busy street. They were meticulously kept with ponds and flowers to enjoy. The outdoor pool had a slide. The indoor pool and hot tub seemed more for adults.
The decor is over the top, of course, but in a tasteful way, if that's possible. it was fun and I'd stay there again even without children in tow. Three generations of us had a great time. Can't ask for more than that!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family