“Really great place to stay”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We love the hotel. Breakfest was really good. Everyone there was wonderful. Would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 12 April 2009

My family and I stayed at this great hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. With a one year old and six year old we were worried about having things for them to do while at the hotel. This hotel had it all for the kids. They loved the Christmas decorations and the pool. My six year old LOVED the story telling elf and the fact that Santa came and sang to them on Saturday. This hotel has it all!! They have the best breakfast of any hotel and the nicest people working there. The doormen were the nicest people you would ever want to have working at a hotel. If you needed anything they were very, very, quick to help you. We will, without a doubt, stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank moco3
Reviewed 10 April 2009

The Inn at Christmas Place is a great destination for anyone or for any reason. The year-round Christmas decorations and themes are truly unique and very special. The two-story glockenspiel clock with hourly performances by a Santa Claus appearing first, then two elves ringing the bell for the time of the hour, and finally concluding with Christmas carols by caroling bells, is uplifting.
The staff is friendly and there are many other outstanding amenities to make your visit very rewarding and a memory that will last a lifetime.
I was truly impressed by all the religious themes (which is really what Christmas is all about) as well as the secular themes. Most places try to take out the real meaning of Christmas in lieu of the more secular themes. Thank you The Inn at Christmas Place for keeping Jesus in Christmas. It is His Birthday!
This visit happened to be my birthday, and The Inn at Christmas Place did not let me down. There was my own personal Christmas tree in the room to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank deemjaa
Reviewed 8 April 2009

From the breathtaking decor to the jolly ole' staff, this place is a must-stay all year long! The spirit of Christmas will captivate you from the moment you arrive.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Christmas Place for a long weekend celebrating our anniversary. We stayed in a mini-suite which was handicapped accessible. The hotel itself was very nice. The Christmas trees were beautifully decorated, and I loved the smell of Christmas as you walked in the Lobby. The staff were very friendly as well.

Breakfast each morning was very nice, and a notch above what I would consider continental. They had all the continental options, (cereals, pastries, juice, milk, coffee.) But they also had hot options such as biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, eggs, and an omlette bar which was very nice. I suggest trying the Christmas blend coffee. It was excellent and was also available in the lobby until the late evening hours.

The furnishings were very nice. The room was incredibly clean and comfortably appointed. If you have a jacuzzi in your room, I suggest bringing some bath salts with you to add to the jacuzzi. (Make sure to get a kind that specifically says it is safe for whirlpool tubs.) I think it would be especially nice if the hotel provided individual size packets of bath salts to use in the in-suite jacuzzis.

I have another suggestion. I understand this is a new hotel so it will most likely be a while before they do renovations, however we were a bit inconvenienced with the placement of the television in our handicapped accessible mini-suite. There is a huge mirror over the fireplace in the room which is directly in front of the bed. THIS would have been a better place for the tv. Instead the TV is to the right of the fireplace on top of a dresser (near the entrance door and the hot tub.) This means the only places in the room from which you can see the tv are if you're laying on the side of the bed closest to the tv, or if you are in the bathtub (and if you are in the bathtub you most likely have the jets on so nobody could hear the tv, especially not the person in the tub.) Very frustrating, especially when there is a sitting area with a sofa on the opposite side of the room. It made little-to-no-sense to us that you wouldn't be able to see the TV from half of the bed or at all from the sitting area.

Also, the last night of our stay, the lock broke on our door. (It broke in a way that the door locked every time it was closed, but no keys would open it.) They tried replacing the batteries in the lock to no avail. They sent maintenance down immediately but they were unable to "fix" the door, so every time we left our room (2 times that evening and 2 times the next morning before checkout,) we had to have maintenance come and let us back in. While I feel they did their best to get there quickly, this was very frustrating and time consuming.

I am not lowering my rating on the hotel based on the lock problem though as I hope it is safe to guess this was an isolated incident.

Overall, I would recommend people stay here at least once. We found it was worth the price for the experience.

Also be sure to ask at the desk for a frequent guest card. You earn points during your stay and then you can use them across the street at the Incredible Christmas Place (where we dropped $200 in about an hour on new decorations for our Christmas tree.)

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NegrilBride
InnatChristmasPlace, General Manager at The Inn at Christmas Place, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2009

We certainly appreciate your comments and suggestions on having packets of bath salts for the in-suites Jacuzzis. We are looking at the placement of the television sets in all of the rooms and making sure they are situated in a more convenient location. We have also instructed night maintenance during training sessions to be proficient in fixing problems as they occur and be handled promptly.

Reviewed 31 March 2009

We loved this place, completely kitsch, in 30 degree heat you pull up to the entrance to teh sound of "white Christmas" and enter a disneyfied mock up of a swiss chalet with full christmas regalia.

The double height cuckoo clock and open fire were great to see. The public areas decorated in christmas style.

No evening meal served but plenty of eateries nearby,

The room was also decorated - even the bathroom. Not over the top but fun.

Dont take it seriously. Enjoy the oddities.

best stay for Dollywood!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2009

My husband and I took our children and grandchildren to the Inn at Christmas Place in March and I just can't explain how wonderful the days were there. It's a kind of place where you can't help but be awed by the surroundings. Christmas trees, beautiful Santa's, fantastic paintings depicting the beauty of winter and the Christmas season were displayed everywhere. The rooms were spacious, very clean and there were signs of Christmas very tastefully sprinkled throughout the room and bath area. I have never seen such white towels (I would love to know their laundry secret). The sheets are a very high thread count and of the several pillows provided one is sure to accommodate your needs. The breakfast buffet has so many items (hot and cold) even made-to-order omelets. No one in our party ever missed a breakfast!! The friendly staff is always happy to attend to your every need. The grandkids loved the indoor pool and hot-tub. We have stayed in many four-star hotels, but this is at the top of our list. We hope to return often and refresh the soul with the warm Christmas spirit. It is a fairly new hotel, but we noticed that some rooms were already being re-painted to keep the place fresh and new. Christmas music is heard softly playing throughout the hotel. Be sure and ask one of the staff to explain the hidden pictures in the paintings of Santa on each floor. Highly recommend this little bit of heaven.

1  Thank mikalori