“Wonderful Friendly Atmosphere”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Alabama
“Wonderful Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This charming hotel is for all age groups. The rooms are clean, comfortable and a place to relax especially if you have a view of the lovely courtyard. You can often hear the bells across the street from the Incredible Christmas Place. Get a balcony if you can. I love the glockenspiel in the lobby. They always have coffe and tea available in the lobby as well as comfortable furniture just to lounge by the wonderful fireplaces. The pools and hot tub are well maintained. Breakfast is good. There are a couple very good restaurants within walking distance; the Partridge and Pear and the BullFish Grill.

1 Thank USAtravelAlabama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 October 2010

The Inn at Christmas Place is without a doubt the best hotel (world wide) we have ever experienced. From the time you arrive at the door until you check out everyone treats you as the most important person there. The amenities are first rate, the Partridge and Pear restaurant is excellent and the rooms have the most comfortable beds imaginable. We had the opportunity to speak with the General Manager and one of the owners at breakfast -- it is clear that the commitment to customer service starts at the top. The Inn at Christmas Place is a very civilized and relaxing place.

2 Thank tgrboo
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I read all the reviews and expected it to be nothing short of perfect. It was,
I can't really describe the feeling except WARM and COZY. We felt very safe and the other guests staying there were so friendly. Everyone gathered in the lobby and around the big beautiful clock. They had live music, cookies, Santa and Mrs. Claus. (Mrs. Claus and I had a wonderful talk. I just loved her!!) I even wrote a letter to Santa.
The breakfast was incredible. Lots to choose from. My husband loved the Crispy Cremes.
The rooms were big and decorated nicely. The pool is open 24 hours which was great.
We loved Pigeon Forge. We only had 2 days which was not enough time. Will go back with our teenagers and stay longer. Too many fun things to do.
You also must take the Cades Cove drive while there! We saw black bears!

2 Thank susiqube
Marianna, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2010

One of the best hotel experiences our family has ever had. Our girls loved meeting Santa and Mrs. Claus, picking out Christmas movies to watch at night, seeing Christmas lights and decorations, and evening cookies and cider. The staff was friendly, attentive, and helpful...not sure how our stay could have been any better!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Well, I was going on a trip with my family (Mother and grandparents) and I'm a teenager, yes most people can't go my my word but I approve. I listen and take note of most everything. I'm a picky girl and when we got there I was just in awe. My granddad and mother went in to get our rooms. And note, this was in the fall. Me and my grandmother were sitting the the car, just pointing out stuff. She saw these bushes and I got out and saw that what she thought were flowers were really Christmas lights. In about ten minutes or so (I didn't have a watch on) they came back out with the keys to the room. My granddad got the luggage and I helped, and when I went in there with a case over my shoulder I took a deep breath and it smelled of hot chocolate. The music that was playing was just relaxing and I just had a huge grin on according to my mother. I don't quiet remember the floor, BUT the whole floor had Christmas stuff and everything we went up and down it, everyone would point out something. I really liked that. When we came back from shopping and eating, we came back and everyone was tired and I mean TIRED. We stayed there for a hour and after a while we went out to the pool. I couldn't believe it. The water was clean and wasn't to high on chlorine. After a while I was tired so we left and went back up to the room. Could use a little bit more shampoo but, heck. When I was going to bed I snuggled under the covers like my bed. The difference was the fact that I was sinking deeper into the covers. I keep swearing once my head hit that pillow I was K.O.ed. In the morning I got dressed, put my glasses on (I have contacts now sense it feels like I'm going blind) and went down. I loved the hotchocolate, you can count on me getting another cup of that! I loved the omelets. I'm a very shy person around people I don't know and the lady making them was very kind. I didn't want to leave, but I was forced...

This year me, my family, AND Aunt with her son went to another motel. That one wasn't at all great. That motel's hot tub had way to much chlorine. I don't have ANY breathing problems and I was coughing, whesing, trying to get air into my lungs. That other motel sucks compaired to this place. Me and My family are coming back this Christmas and I cannot wait!
You get what you pay for. It just gives that Christmas feeling! The only sad part for me is I have to leave my boyfriend! xD

• Stayed November 2009
south carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The decor, breathtaking; the staff is even a step above that! As beautiful as all the decorations are, it is the wonderful staff who really makes your stay so special. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay unforgettable. You actually appreciate your guests. Sincere smiles, warm greetings, and yes, you can detect a smile over the phone. The breakfast is a real treat, beds are heavenly. The entire experience is one you will definitely remember and will want to return again and again! I cannot think of anything you could improve on!

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 October 2010

One of the better hotels we have stayed at in a long time. Up there with the Grove Park in Ashville.Rich, the concierge was great helping us with a show and the resturant,Partridge and Pear was wonderful.