“Our Place”

Riverside Motor Lodge
Ranked #43 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I have stayed here since the hotel opened. While it does need updated, we have not been able to find another place in Pigeon Forge that offers the same level of quality as we get here. The staff is always friendly and we have come to think of them as our second family and our second home. Our kids have grown up with this hotel and now our grand kids as well. When the grand kids were younger they even use to sit behind the desk with the clerks pretending that they were workers here.

The hotel has two bedroom suites and jacuzzi suites most of which have stoves, fridges, and microwaves. While the hotel does needs renovations I have personally spoken to the lady who own the hotel and she has told us that updates will be coming next year when she takes it over. After 20+ years of being part of the Riverside family all I can say is I am very excited to see this hotel reach the same quality it was when we first started coming here.

We have never had a problem with bugs or with rude employees but we have always been nice to them. Any time we have ever had a problem staff have went above and beyond to fix our issues. Despite it being a bit outdated we Love OUR Riverside and would not dream of going to another hotel.

Room Tip: Print the 89.95 buy one night get one night free coupon from their webste Sunday through Thursday.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank pattyham

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Great deal, Very clean comfortable rooms. Excellent service. 2 bedroom suites with a kitchenette and fireplace for the price of a double room. We liked this place alot. We are looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynn E
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I found the ihotel coupon "89.95 and second night free" ,which seemed to be too good to be true, so we stopped by and ask to see the room before committing. It was really clean and had 2 bedrooms with 2 televisions. Its an 80's hotel, a little dated, but you can't beat the deal. I had spent a week reading reviews, trying to find a good place that my 6 year old would like and she loved it! The indoor pool is small (5 ft.) but it was perfect because she can't swim yet. The staff was very nice and offered their assistance with anything we would need. The air conditioner was cold, the beds were soft, lots of channels on the television, Wifi, and hot shower...what else could you ask for? we will definitely be staying there for years to come. Thanks to all the staff for being so nice to my daughter because I know she asked for probably 100 towels for the pool..lol! your place rocks!

Room Tip: stay away from room 107! Its beside the laundry room which gets noisy around 7 am!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We found a great deal on this hotel room in the i Hotel coupon book when we picked up the book when we arrived in tennesse at the local Wal-mart. 89.95 stay a night get a night free it said. We readily called and they had vacancies. This was Tuesday Morning 3:30am we were told by the guy at the desk who said he was part owner of the hotel that he would have to charge us for monday given it was so early Tuesday but would only charge us 49.00 but given we planned to stay through check out on Friday he would knock ten dollars off on the 89.95 price making it 79.95 pay one night get the second night free. I made the comment with book and coupon in hand that the price was 10.00 cheaper than the ad in the book showing him at that time. The fellow told me he wanted our business and would like us to come back. We said we would and planned to make a return trip second week in august with the idea of renting the penthouse suite offered for 120.00 per night. Long story short Friday Check out time came and the guy didn't attach our coupon for the pay one night stay one night free and we were forced to pay full price for that 1980s crappy place. toliet stopped up reported to house keeping and it was never fixed room had dirty carpet and last guests panties under the bed. I explained that the reason we even came about staying at this hotel was because of the coupon and the price advertised to the new guy on duty at the desk when I checked out but he couldn't have cared less. All I can do is dispute the charge on my credit card and never go back and put my story out to others so they don't get ripped off by this opportunist in a tourist town. What a shame!!!

Room Tip: Rooms by the elevators are noisy. Rooms on upperlevel have poor wifi conection
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I recently stayed here and was very pleased. I could see everything from the balcony and my kids enjoyed the pool. Was treated much better than any other place and plan to come back soon...Mary j.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Marykj
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My family and I spend time in Pigeon Forge every summer. We never have chosen the same hotel twice. Last week we stayed 5 nights at this hotel and now we will only stay here. We did not want to leave. They let us look at the room before committing. The price was unbeatable for the room we had. Two bedrooms with 2 televisions. We have 4 children, ages 13, 9, 5, and 1 and they really enjoyed this hotel also. The hotel staff was the best we have ever encountered in the 10+ years that we have been vacationing in Pigeon Forge. They allowed us to swim a little late in the indoor pool, which was very nice. They allowed us all the extra towels we needed, extra pillows, and even a fan for the second bedroom (the air conditioning didn't quite cool it enough, but not a big deal). We had only planned to stay 4 nights, but for the price we were able to stay an extra night. I have already recommended this hotel to my family and we will look no further when we stay again. Thanks to the office staff and the housekeepers for such a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alicia V
Reviewed 18 June 2012

While traveling with 2 sleepy boys on the way to the beach, we decided to stay the nite here. We had stayed in the past and really enjoyed it due to the clean factor. This time was actaully different. The room we were given had new carpet and even cleanier then before. The beds, as always, were comfrontable and slept really well. Thanks for another great stay! We will be returning soon...

Room Tip: The family suites are the best. 2 rooms for the price of one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family