“Birthday”

Riverside Motor Lodge
Ranked #43 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed on my birthday in mid July the staff and owner was so nice they made me feel so special, so everyone needs to stop by Riverside Motor Lodge and check out all the updates, new TV's, new carpet, new beds, new wifi. We will be retuning.P.S. if you forget something from home Food City is beside it

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattyham
Jill O, Owner at Riverside Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for leaving us such awesome reviews and for noticing all the many changes we have made to RSML to make it an even more pleasant place to stay! I'm glad that we were able to make your birthday one to remember!..You and your husband are not just guest to us, You have became part of our family! Look forward to seeing you again soon when the rods roll in for the fall car show!!
Jill

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife patty and me love this spot we've been here for several years all the staff are very nice they make you feel important I've told all my friends and family this place is better than home thank you for making your home ours

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank GarysBodyshop

Thank you so much for your kind review! We always look forward to seeing you on your weekend visits to Pigeon Forge! Sincerely, Jill

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The room is ok, the towels are not clean enough. We stayed two night at room 111. We barely have wifi to use, I have to stand in front of our door to reach the internet but very weak. The pool water is scary, dirty. We took a look and decided not to use it. But the Jacuzzi in our room is good, big and clean. All in all, we probably won't stay here again. I would rather have a hotel with free breakfast and better wifi and cleaner households.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jill O, Owner at Riverside Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We appreciate all suggestions and comments made by our guest, both good and bad, It helps us to better improve the motel that we love so much! I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy some of our amenities such as the issue with your room towels, After further investigation we have discovered that a new housekeeper had mistakenly been putting our pool towels (that do have small imperfections) in our rooms and we have since corrected the problem.
Regarding the bad connection you had with our wifi, many guest were experiencing similar problems so we have since upgraded our wifi connection and we now have state of the art internet with complete coverage in every room!
Due to the size of our pool, during the busy summer months we do struggle with the chemicals that we have to use daily giving it the cloudy appearance that I'm assuming you thought was dirt. We do try our best to keep it clear but it is very hard in the summer...again, I would like to express to you how grateful I am that you took the time to let us know how your stay with us was and we do hope you will give us another chance as we have made many improvements and future plans to make Riverside Motor Lodge the best it can be! Sincerely, Jill

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay staff is friendly and all the people are real unlike so many chain hotels that treat you like a heard of cattle family owned and just a all around great place to stay will be returning

• Stayed: July 2014

This review made our entire staff smile! Thank you so much for your kind words!, We are so happy to hear you had such a great stay and we look so forward to seeing you again soon! Sincerely, Jill

Reviewed 20 July 2014

First let me start by when we walked in the gentleman up front was all nice and helpful saying we treat all our guest like family so I thought this is going to be a great stay well it was NOT.First they put us in a room where someone had puked in the floor and my son stepped in it so they moved us to a different room and told us there maid staff was just over worked and must have missed it but there maid staff managed to come to my room twice every morning to wake me up because there was not a do not disturb sign in the room so forget about sleeping in it won't happen along with any door opening or shutting you can clearly hear through your room.Then when I did need something from the front desk and would call forget about them answering you they won't so don't prolong the inevitable go ahead put your shoes back on and go down to them because that's the only way your going to be able to talk to them and they don't have a laundry room and when I asked for a iron and ironing board they had one and I do mean one and it didn't work so wrinkly clothes it was.When I requested towels I received one with stains on it so my husband had to take it back down to them because remember they won't answer their phone they sent another up with stains all over it and my husband had to go back down again so three trips later I finally had a clean towel to take a shower in the shower that screamed at you whenever you turned it on so no, no relaxing shower either.Then on the last night we where there I was in the office and over heard the gentleman up front quoting a room less than what I had to pay so I went to my room and called him on the phone and ask him what my room would cost and he told me the same less than what they made me pay so after a not so family conversation with the gentleman who wasn't so nice anymore told me they had handled all my grievances when they where brought to their attention which none of them should have happened in the first place I went to my room feeling very much like they misrepresented themselves and a little ripped off.Then about 30 minutes after we got back to our room I got a call from the guy at the front desk telling me he talked to management and they would be here in the morning for me to talk to and he had told them all that had happened but because I had a couch in my room I had to pay more but that wasn't disclosed to me when he quoted me the room he told me all the rooms where the same even if they had a Jacuzzi so I spent a good portion of my time running back and forth to the office trying to get things fixed that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place a relaxing vacation it was Not. I do not recommend this motel to anyone unless things are dramatically changed.

Room Tip: Corner rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Melissa G
Jill O, Owner at Riverside Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

We are so sorry that your stay with us was an unhappy one. It upsets us to have a guest disappointed in us!! I have investigated and questioned housekeeping all the way down to the young man you spoke with on the desk, to even the manager who tried to address the problems and questions you had.

Please let me begin with the room you originally booked into did indeed have a spot on our new carpet where a previous guest had spilled boiled peanuts. Our housekeeping tried to spot clean rather than reporting it to maintenance to be steam cleaned. I actually investigated that myself and apologized to your husband, He was very kind and said everything else was fine with the room, I did insist he move to another room and again I do apologize for the inconvenience of changing rooms, since that has happen to you, we now have and inspector that goes into each of our rooms before we let guest check in to make sure that doesn't happen again.

The towels that had been given to you were our pool towels that were obtained from the front desk due to housekeeping not being able to service your room. (I am sorry you were bothered by them being so persistent.) It is our company policy that they are to service every room unless the guest has told us they do not wish to have their room serviced or a room has put out a do not disturb sign on their door. Otherwise they are to service every room after 10 am to insure you are getting the supplies you need and having your room checked for any maintenance issues.

We have 3 different types of 2 bedroom suites and 3 different type Jacuzzi suites, some accommodate up to 6 people, some only 4 for the 2 bedroom suites. We also have Jacuzzi rooms big enough for 4 and honeymoon suites that are for 2 with different amenities so the prices are not all the same. You rented a 2 bedroom suite that sleeps 6 and were in at a discounted rate. We did not have a smaller unit when you checked in, had I been aware that you didn't need the extra space, I would have gladly moved you to a cheaper room when one became available during your stay if it had been brought to my attention.
We stay extremely busy through the month of July and experience a high volume of calls, we do try our best to answer all calls and I regret you had a hard time getting through to the desk when you needed your supplies brought up to you after housekeeping had left for the day.

We also agree that there is much more we can do to make our lodge even better, however we are proud of the accomplishments we have already made since we have taken it over in June 2013. We have installed new carpet, new 32 inch flat screen TV's, New couches, New security cameras with 24 hour surveillance of all the floors and of our entire parking lot, New RFID security locks on all the doors and have resurfaced our pool (just to name a few) and we have more plans for more improvements during the off season of 2014.
Again, I apologize on behalf of myself and my entire staff that we did not live up to your expectations of us and wish you only the best in your future travels to our area! Sincerely, Jill

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We are really satisfied with the rooms and the staff are very nice. I wouldnt stay any where else. This is a home away from home. That is how they treat you. The rooms are very clean and the staff is always making sure everything is good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn R

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay, It always makes us happy to hear that our guest feel that RSML makes them feel as if they are right at home just without the stress!! : )

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We visit Pigeon Forge about once a year, this is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Paper thin walls. Dirty room. Most unprofessional staff. For what we paid we could have stayed with professional chain motel that provides quality service and accommodations. Don't trust positive reviews on this hotel. Their friends are flooding site with positive reviews

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Eddie R
Jill O, Owner at Riverside Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Eddie R,
I am so sorry your stay with us was anything less than perfect although I have researched your name and city that you have on your tripadvisor account and can not find you in our system, If you could please call me at your convenience to verify your stay with us we would love the opportunity to make up for your unpleasant stay.
We have made many changes in the past year to improve RSML as in New carpet, New couches,New flat screen Tv's, New security cameras and door locks along with in room free wifi internet to insure all of our guest get the very best connection possible.. We are always open for suggestions on how to continue making our property an even better place to stay!!
To address your comment that we have gotten our great reviews from friends is accurate to a degree because we consider all our guest friends and many that have stayed with us for so long that they're just like family!
Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Sincerely, Jill