“It was ok”

Ranked #75 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
White, Georgia
“It was ok”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We arrive check in was easy. They have a ice maker and a coke machine. I never found the free breakfast. I had booked at this hotel cause it was pet friendly. I could have paid 2 more dollars to stay at a diffrent better hotel but didnt know they were pet friendly until i got there. The hair dryer you had to hold the ON button in the hole time you use it. The bathroom was extremly small. I did ask for extra towels and they did give me more. I also requested for them not to clean my room and they didnt. It was ok. The bed was also hard and sloped down hill and you do have to share the pool with the cabin rental place.

Room Tip: just use a diffrent hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portageville, Missouri
Reviewed 19 April 2012

First off, this is not owned by Americans..., the man at the counter had to get his daughter (wife?) to help us because he couldn't understand english (they are middle eastern). The small refridgerator in the room was turned off so we had to turn it on and let it cool down before we put our stuff inside it. The microwave didnt work, the air conditioner was not on and it was literally 90 degrees in there, so we had wait for the room to cool down and with the small window unit, it took quite a while. As far as the breakfast, the room it is held in has three chairs and you will not fit more than four people in the room. They had a waffle maker, which is the only "hot" thing they have, but there wasnt any mix or syrup. We went down to eat and the young man at the desk let the coffee and orange juice run empty and had no intentions of refilling either, and this was at 7:30am. I will quote him here...."well, I wasnt going to refill them but since you want some I will do it..." all the while rolling his eyes because he didnt want to put his iphone down. They had Krispy Creme doughnuts that were at least a day or two old. So please ignore the "free hot breakfast" that they are claiming. I come to Pigeon Forge, TN at least once per year and decided to take a chance and save on hotel costs, but my advice to anyone considering this place is to spend another $10 a night or more and stay somewhere else. If this review gets removed, I will continue to add it anywhere I can on the internet.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.....
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ray S

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Like another reviewer, I booked this room through Priceline. I have used Priceline to book rooms in the past and have had great success...until now. It was a last-minute trip on a small budget so I wasn't looking for anything but a clean, comfortable room. Unfortunately, that isn't what I received.

The front desk staff was friendly enough. I didn't feel like I couldn't approach them, which I had to do during my stay. However, even with being nice, the cleanliness issues still didn't get resolved.

The hotel is old. There is no getting around that. The problem lies in that the rooms are not maintained well. The carpet hasn't been replaced or cleaned with a carpet cleaner in years, which is obvious from the numerous stains. I'd say there were large stains every 18 inches or so. The bathroom had obviously been flooded at some point in time. The linoleum was stained and peeling terribly.

I could have probably dealt with all of that just fine. It was the lack of housekeeping doing his/her job in really cleaning the room. The first night I quickly discovered a Cheeto laying on the floor in plain sight, which I grabbed a bunch of tissues and picked up to throw away. Later I noticed a small dead bug lying on the bathroom floor to the back right side of the toilet. I was so tired that night that I let it go. The next morning when I was sitting at the foot of the bed I could see something that appeared to be candy from one of the local candy shops on the floor under the television stand.

I went to the office and reported what I had found and was told that it would all be cleaned. After a long day of playing tourist I came back to the room to find the bug had at least been cleaned, but the candy under the TV stand was still there.

I was afraid to even trying using the hair dryer because there was no telling what bugs may have made their home in it.

If the staff would clean the place properly, it wouldn't be such a bad little place to stay even with its age even with it being on the outer edge of town. I would never consider staying here again though, and I'm also done with Priceline after this mess.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank DitzyDeltaDawn
Henderson, KY
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I purchased a room for 2 nights (10-14-11) thru priceline's Name your own price. When we entered the room it didn't feel or smell clean. The bathroom floor was dirty and stained. The kicker was finding strands of hair on the pillows and sheet along with unsightly stains on both. WE TURNED AROUND AND LEFT. The manager only could say he was sorry we didn't like the room. I have used priceline in the past but if this is the establishments they are dealing with I won't be using them anymore.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kurt W
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here 7-17-11, and paid about $35 for one night through Hotwire. To start with, the town itself is very kitschy and there are a lot of really fun looking places with water slides and things like that; this is not one of them. In fact, it is a bit hard to even find as it sits behind a Red Roof Inn and it is very plain. We were just staying for one night on our way through, but I was pretty disappointed when we first checked in. The guy at the front desk tried to tell me that I could only have a king bed even though Hotwire says that I would have enough beds for the people I booked (2 adults and 1 kid) and I didn't think a king bed fit that qualification. He then told me that it would be another $10 and also that I had paid less than what I did. When I started calling Hotwire to straighten it out, he suddenly gave in and gave me the room with two beds with no extra charge. I started wondering if he does that sort of thing often to try to get extra money.

The room was very plain and had sort of a mildew smell. However, funnily enough we found the beds very comfortable and it was nice that it had a microwave and mini fridge in the room. On the plus side, since it is an old fashioned motel, we were able to park right next to the door for easy loading and unloading. The complimentary breakfast was some brown bananas, a box of Krispy Kreme donuts and it looked like there was a waffle maker but I didn't see any mix or syrup. We ended up going to Krystal right next door (since they don't have any of these in Texas) and it was cheap and good :).

In the end, while I wouldn't stay here again (I would try harder to find a more upscale room and pay a bit more) it was a good deal and I really feel that I got what I paid for. If you are traveling on a budget like we were, and wanted to splurge places where you would be staying longer (which we did) then this hotel is acceptable if you get a lower rate than any place else.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shoulders3
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 July 2011

When we entered the room I thought it was too small, but it was clean. At least I hope. We stayed for 5days. Everyday house keeping came in changed the towels and the bed. Ok here it comes. On the 4th day after I mentioned that I wonder if they changed the sheets. My fiance put a orange sticker on the bottom sheet. We left. When we returned the same sheets were on the bed. Now that's a RED flagg. But this is the main reason why I will not stay there. We were taking all of our things with us, but this same day my fiance left his pill's on the table. The next morning we thought we had everything. I didn't mention his pills. Once we got home he couldn't find his pills. We thought we left them. But this morning he took a pair of his new shoes out of the box and the pill bottle fell out.BUT!! IT
WAS EMPTY. He had 10 male enhancers (ok). They were GONE. I have to wait until monday to speak to a manager. I can deal with anything but to steal from me. Is too much. I would have been better if they would have taken the bottle then would would have thought he left or lost them.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank coverd1
Vine Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We stayed here for a weekend in Pigeon Forge and decided we would rather spend our money on other things in Pigeon Forge rather than an expensive hotel room. We found this one and it was a good deal for a good place to stay. It is not fancy like those more expensive hotels, but the rooms were clean, bed was fine, and the staff was helpful, and that's all that mattered to us.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple