“BEDBUGS”

Rodeway Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #80 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We woke up on our second morning to find bedbugs crawling on the sheet, pulled the covers back and took a video of one on the mattress! We packed up immediately and told the owners wife why we were leaving. She was so rude said no one had ever complained about anything expecially bedbugs. She didn't charge our credit card for the next 3 nights but refused to give us a refund for Tues and Wed nights; She was very rude! I asked her if she wanted to see the video I had made of the bug crawlng on the mattress and she said no because they didn't have bedbugs and never any complaints. I told her I was going to give them a bad review she said go ahead she didn't care. Please take my advice..NEVER stay at this motel. It will take me a long time to get over thinking that I slept with those crawling creatures.

Room Tip: Tried to put video on here, couldn't get it to download. sorry
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Momacrash

Reviewed 10 October 2012

It seems the Country Hearth Inn chain is a chain to avoid. The one in Bolingreen Ky I could only handle for about an hour (dirty, reeks of curry, lack of maintenance etc). The one in Pigeon Forge is bearable but not recommended. Although I called ahead, the fridge was unplugged. That was a good thing though, as ants were in it and the microwave. Outlet covers were either cracked or had shoddy patch work around them. Paint around the shower was peeling off and actually falling into the tub. There are plenty of hotels in the area. The reason I stayed is I had a long drive and only intended to sleep and leave.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank maverick1062a
Reviewed 8 October 2012

the room was clean, the free breakfast was only waffles they batter tasted old and nasty......served it purpose for a weekend visit......wouldnt stay again though.....the staff didnt speak english well so we had a hard time getting checked in....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kellyfelly20
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I'm amazed by some of the comments in other reviews. This is definitely an older property, but it was clean and had a very friendly staff. So what if the AC and fridge weren't turned on when we got there! It took all of about 10 minutes for the AC to cool the room off! Do you realize how much money goes into running those items all the time? I've been to hotels that cost 3 times as much as this, and the AC was either set to 80, or not on at all, and the fridge was off as well since they can't assume that everyone will use it, we didn't. Another person commented on not being run by Americans. The owners were Indian, but so what, they could have been citizens for all we know, and they are working! And besides that, unless you're American Indian, we're all foreigners when you get down to it. As far as comments about breakfast, we went there for the price and for our dog. There are so many great restaurants nearby, why would you want to eat there anyway? They obviously do not have the facilities to offer more than they do, so if you want free food on top of a room that costs less then $60, the fact that they try to offer something is amazing. They were very friendly, run a clean hotel, and took good care of us. We were looking for a clean place (stains happen in more expensive hotels as well), that was pet friendly, and inexpensive. This met all of our requirements.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette P
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I usually do not write reviews, but felt in this case it was necessary. Booked this hotel because it was pet friendly and in PF but not in the thick of things. room did not have enough towels for the four of us, so when I went to get more from the front desk they questioned me as to why I needed them! HELLO four people in the room, only two towels. Free Hot Breakfast was a joke, if more then two people were in the breakfast area, you had to wait outside on the sidewalk. Krispy Kreme donuts and a waffle maker with no pancake mix! Stayed for two nights, received no room cleaning or tyding what so ever. I have never stayed in a hotel where they did not come in and make beds and give you clean/dry towels, two small pkgs of shampoo and 1 tiny bar of soap, when I asked for more shampoo, they said they were out and gave us conditioner instead! I cant see this place staying in business with this kind of service. Stay someplace else!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Darpop
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We booked this room w/priceline for 4 days at a good price. The guy at front desk was a young guy and very friendly. Our room was clean and the air conditioner worked really well considering the 100+ degree weather outside. My only complaint was the shower curtain. It really needed replacing but other than that, the room was comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the ice machine/office and the noise woke us up a couple times at night so avo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We arrive check in was easy. They have a ice maker and a coke machine. I never found the free breakfast. I had booked at this hotel cause it was pet friendly. I could have paid 2 more dollars to stay at a diffrent better hotel but didnt know they were pet friendly until i got there. The hair dryer you had to hold the ON button in the hole time you use it. The bathroom was extremly small. I did ask for extra towels and they did give me more. I also requested for them not to clean my room and they didnt. It was ok. The bed was also hard and sloped down hill and you do have to share the pool with the cabin rental place.

Room Tip: just use a diffrent hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple