“No Frills Accomodations, OK for Overnight Stay”

Rodeway Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #80 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We decided to go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for New Year's Eve on the spur of the moment. We booked the Country Hearth Inn for $50 plus tax through Priceline.

We were given a non-smoking Queen room on the second floor. The room was clean except for soiled draperies. The linens and bath towels were extremely thin. The pillows were among the worst of any motel I've even stayed in.

There is no lobby to speak of, only a small office. The continental breakfast is merely coffee and donuts on a small table.

That being said, the Country Hearh Pigeon Forge is OK for an overnight, but I would not recommend it for multiple night stays. This is definitely an alternate choice, and not a primary one.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Pigeon Forge

Reviewed 21 July 2008

I had booked a room with this hotel and priceline one month before we were to go to Pigeon Forge, Tn. Service requires upfront paying, and no refunds or cancellations. When we arrived at the hotel, we found out that we had two rooms reserved for our stay. Both rooms had 1 bed, the original reservation had asked for 2 beds becuase our 16 year old was tryaveling with mom and dad. The hotel informed me that they did not offer 2 beds on priceline and thats probably why had two rooms, one was paid for the other was not. Anyway, it cost me an extra $180.00 for our daughter to stay in the same room as her parents. If had taken the other room, would have been additional $240.00. The hotel is very awkard to get into, high up on a hill between two other properties, and parking lot is very cramp, not enough on back of hotel to accomdate the rooms, extra parking is on front side of hotel. And if want to use pool, must walk down the steep (very steep) hill to the property below it, the one that is closest to the hotel is not accessible for this hotel, belong to the cabins.

was very dissappointed that hotel charged for a child to stay with parents.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank mrfriertuck
Reviewed 11 September 2007

I went to the bestview inn and reserved a room.. First of all the outside looks like it would be a clean place.. well anyway he told me they shared a swimming pool with the cabins above him and I was like ok and he also said it didnt close to 11 that night. so we went out and and did some stuff during the day and thought we would come back and swim around 830 or 9 well anyway by the time we went over there to swim it was 9:06 and the pool said closed hours are 9 am to 9pm everynight and for pin oak cabin rental members only...I went directly to the office and spoke with the same person who told me 11 and he had a grin on his face and said oh they must have changed there hours I just walked out... When you pay a certain price for a hotel you expect to beable to do what they said they have... So I got the number for the pin oak cabin rentals and asked the man myself if they shared with the bestview inn he said oh he asked me 1 or 2 times before and I said yes but I never officaially told him to tell his guest they could just go swimming anytime they wanted...So basically he tells people that cause he knows they would go somewhere else.....Oh yah and it didnt have a clock not even an alarm clock but your suppse to know when to check out and it says microwave in every room on their website and thats a lie, we had a little fridge thats it.........the rooms werent terribly bad but it could have used a little better clean up then what some did...I know I wont stay here again cause I dont like to be lied to.... Oh yah and the name of the place is a lie right there. the view sucks you can see nothing all you looking at is the hotel infront of it that looks exactly like the hotel your staying but named something else...

1  Thank thelilsis1982
Reviewed 10 September 2007

I had reserved this room through a booking service for this specific hotel. I was told that the hotel was a new hotel. I was told that I was paying the extra $20.00 for a Non-Smoking room. When I checked into the hotel and paid for the room, I was told by the front desk to "ignore" it if I saw an ashtray in the room, that they had new cleaning people and she probably left it in there by mistake. I went to the supposed "non smoking" room and was knocked down by the smell of smoke and Lysol to cover the smell of smoke. The room was nasty. I went back to the front desk to complain and I was very nice about it, but I in turn was screamed at by the clerk. I was told that I would not get my money back, even though I was lied to about the room being non smoking when actually it was a smoking room. I was charged a cancellation fee, which I am disputing with my credit card company. I would never stay at this hotel nor, would I ever recommend anyone to stay there. It is not clean and the staff were very rude, and had no customer service training.

1  Thank HappyTravelsGa
Reviewed 3 September 2007

Find another place to stay! First time to the area...Advertised as new...actually is 5 years old+. Fridge was non-functional, 2nd story balconies are leaning/weak, charged for ice!, no TV guide or phone instructions, towels were stained and bed sheets had holes in them, parking extremely cramped, smokers get window a/c's while non-smokers get regular a/c's, pool is tiny & shallow, advertised as 24 hr front desk...at check-out (7:45AM) front office was locked. There are lots of nicer places to stay in the area....Avoid this one!

1  Thank dutchman1000
Reviewed 28 November 2006

The website said this was a new hotel. ??? The sign out front said clean rooms????? Neither of these statements are true.
This was definately not a new hotel. The rooms were definately not clean. There were cob webs everywhere. There was hair left in the sink. Everything in the room was very musty smelling. Even the sheets! There was 1/8 roll of toilet tissue. There were no tissues. The TV was extremely small. The plug by the sink did not work. The heater was over by the sink next to the bathroom?The matress was very old. You could feel the springs coming through. Only 2 small flat pillows for a king size bed. The jacuzi was ok. This room was not worth the $100.00 we paid. We will not come back!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PigeonForgeFan
A TripAdvisor Member
Interlachen, FL
Reviewed 23 October 2004

The Red Carpet Inn at Pin Oak is not "user friendly". The air conditoner is located by the sink! They do not offer a middle section of stairs for the second floor and we had to walk to the very end to get to the stairs for our middle second floor room. The T.V. was small, no microwave, and the clerks working at check out down stairs were not friendly and couldn't care less is we ever came back. We wont! The rooms were not clean and we didn't get adequate maid service everyday. We felt the price was fair for October but it was certainly no bargain.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member