“continental breakfast -sad”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Amenities were ok. Staff was made aware of bad card reader on room door. Attempted to fix it once with no success. Had to swipe card several times just to get door open. Breakfast had really changed since last stay a few months ago. Selection was pretty common and bland. Looked like they were just getting cheap. Overall a good place to stay for the price!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Kenneth C,
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had with the door lock. We are phasing out those older locks to a newer and smoother lock. Hopefully we will have those on the next time you folks stay with us. I hate to hear you didn’t enjoy the breakfast. We actually added items to our breakfast menu this year like scrambled eggs and sausage keeping the items we had before and using the same vendor. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Michael Stienbarger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night during Memorial Day weekend (Sunday night). We drove up to Cades Cove that Saturday morning before and spent one night in the mountains backpacking - that didn't suit me at all (lol) so my husband graciously offered to hike back out of the mountains early Sunday morning and find a hotel in either Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. We found this hotel online through our phones and decided on this one since they had rooms open with jacuzzi tubs, and after so much hiking through the mountains we were REALLY sore. We got out of the mountains around 11, ate lunch, then got to the hotel around 1:30. The staff was very nice and helpful, and we were able to check-in right away. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable (there were two beds in the room but we only used one). We loved the jacuzzi - it was huge and a welcome site after spending a night in the woods! The room was also very clean. There was very nice continental breakfast that was great - they had sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, juice, etc. There were also a couple of pools and a hot tub outside. The hotel is also very close to other attractions in Pigeon Forge. I highly recommend staying here - I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Kelli B

Dear Kelli B,
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the backpacking in the mountains didn’t go better but glad it brought you folks to us. It was a pleasure to have you folks and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed there May 30th and 31st 2014. Had a great experience. Several nice clean pools and hot tubs. Breakfast buffet was good. My husband and I enjoyed it . The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. We were in the middle of everything. Loved it.

1  Thank rosieposie626

Dear Rosieposie626,
Thank you for your great review and nice comments. I’m glad to hear that you had a “wonderful stay” with us. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Friendly people (very helpful too), accommodating room, great pools & hot tubs & the best breakfast café of any BW we have stayed at!!!! Its in a separate building (not in the lobby), & you are in a cafeteria with plenty of tables!! We just got back from a 3 1/2 week road trip & stayed at 8 different BW's & this one in Pigeon Forge was the least expensive!! The price was amazing!!
Yes, we will stay there again & definitely will recommend it to others!!!

Dear Linda B,
Thank you for your wonderful review and great comments. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. So glad to hear that we were your top pick on breakfast out of the other properties you had stayed at. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed one night while going to Dollywood. Right down the road from Dollywood. It was a nice room and paid a little extra for the jet tub and fireplace. Fireplace only works during certain months :( Hotel was installing new carpet to all of 2n floor the morning we were leaving! Breakfast was good and had nice rockers outside.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Misty W,
Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The fireplaces are seasonal and sorry you were unable to enjoy it. We will have those turned back on come November for the winter season so we look forward to seeing you folks then if not sooner =).

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I requested room with 2Q & Riverside balcony. Once arrived, got room on the backlot and facing parking lot (I didn't see rooms with Riverview). Hotel was in good shape. Hot Breakfast was very good. Going into PF, located on the left side of street. Overall experience I'd stay here again!

Dear BamaDadof2,
Thank you for your review. We do have Riverside rooms in that same section where you stayed. I’m unsure what happened with your reservation but I do apologize you didn’t get the room you wanted. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We got to the hotel and were pleasantly surprised that the room was ready at 10:30 in the morning. The hotel staff was nice and helpful upon check in. We stayed in the pool area which is the best place to stay with kids. The indoor pool is nice with a hot tub connected to the pool. The hot tub is actually HOT and very nice. The pool on the inside and out were supposed to be heated but were not. The hot tub outside was the temperature that a heated pool should be, luke warm at best. I was in the outside hot tub for 10 minutes and was freezing!! That is how I am with the heated pools in Florida that I am use to. This was very disappointing to me. I wish the pools were heated as advertised. There were several pool areas to choose from and all looked nice from a distance. When the kids got into the indoor pool they complained that they couldn't see underwater because it was so dirty and they were cold. The outdoor pool was nice looking but cold and then when you took a closer look there were cigarette butts and a used napkin sitting right next to the pool. My kids thought it was gross. The back pool was the nicest looking but again not heated and no hot tub in that area just a baby pool. Some of the pictures on the website are misleading as hot tubs but they are actually baby pools. The Room was spacious and really nice upon arrival. I soon realized that I paid for 2 queen beds but there were only double beds in the room. With 2 adults and 2 children, I was hoping for queens as both kids sleep with me so it was a bit tight. When we lifted up the lamp and pulled the beds out a little (to look for some lost earrings we couldn't find) there was trash behind the bed and a wet mark under the lamp which I couldn't figure out what it was. The room was spacious and the cleaning lady was super helpful and kind. She gave us extra towels, anticipated our need to open the door to our room when our hands were full, and always telling us to have a nice day. She was the highlight of our trip (I think her name was Amanda S.) The location was fine but I would recommend staying a little farther down by the old mill area at least. If you take the tram outside the hotel you have to wait 20 minutes to catch the tram to go one mile down the road (which takes 20 minutes) then catch another tram to go anywhere (which you wait another 30 minutes for that tram and there is no bench). The tram also took 2 hours to get down the parkway. There are lots of fun things to do in pigeon forge and my kids had fun in the pools but we only stayed for 2 nights and that was long enough for all of us at the Best Western Plaza Inn.

1  Thank Jennifer A

Dear Jennifer A,
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The indoor pool is the only heated pool we have on property and I am sorry if no one explained that to you. The beds that we have are kings or queens from either Jamison or Sealy depending on which room you had. We do not have any double beds on property. There is no excuse for trash left in the room and I do apologize staff neglected to clean that area of the room. Thank you for making me aware of these issues. We hope to see you folks again.