“Another great trip....so far”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #16 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As you may know from my reviews I have stayed here many times. Being a repeat customer for many years alone should tell you something. As I write this I am only 2 days into a 7 day stay. At check in I was quoted a different price (higher) than what I booked the room for on Best Western's web site. I also had a coupon that is issued by this location for 15% off during the week and 10% off on weekends. I felt the coupon should have been taken off the quoted price. I brought this the the attention of the desk people at check in and after some "re-figuring" they arrived at a price slightly better than the originally quoted web price. I am not 100% convinced the calculations are accurate but I am happy. These folks have always "bent over backwards" to make me happy and comfortable and have made more than good on some minor problems in the past so I am not going to sweat this little problem. The room I am in now I have stayed in before. It has been updated since I was last here with nice, new carpet, new mattresses and some new paint. It looks very nice. They still need to work on routine maintenance of the ac / heat units as the filter was once again clogged, but, I find this a common problem everywhere I have been. As I have said before. This is a great hotel in a great location with great people. If you stay here I guarantee you wont be disappointed...and if you are they will correct it. I hope to be coming back for many more years. My thanks to them for many great memories!

Room Tip: In a regular room stay on a top floor. It's a bit quieter. In the pool building it can be quit...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,953)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

the trip was good and hotel stay was good also. I like the prepaid method due to it help to budget the expense going and coming while there. The location was in area where places to visit were closed by

Room Tip: no comments
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Jennette T,
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you all had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The room we had was extremely large, due to it being at the end of the hall. Everything in the room seemed to be updated, clean, and very nice, due to the age of the hotel. We did not eat at the hotel even though they offered a free breakfast, but the dining area looked to be very up todate. We had absolutely no problems with our stay and would be willing to stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Michael T,
Thanks for the good review and nice comments. Glad to hear you all had a good stay with us. Hopefully next time you can try our complimentary breakfast I am sure you will enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Best Western is well-maintained, clean rooms, comfortable beds, delicious breakfast and very nice staff. We stayed in a 'mountain view' room on the 5th floor with a balcony. It was a very quiet area and a nice view of the Smokeys. We will definitely return to enjoy this hotel again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear 570beckyr,
Thanks for the great review and nice comments. Glad to hear you all had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights, June 5-6. We have stayed at your motel several times over the last 5 years. This was the first time we stayed in the back part of the motel, on the 5th floor in a mountain view room. The room was fantastic, clean, super quiet, with a great view and well worth the extra premium. We will always stay in those rooms in the future. As always the breakfast is decent and we have not been disappointed. We continue to recommend your motel to everyone we know if they are headed to the Smokies. Thanks for making our time enjoyable!

Room Tip: The Mountain View rooms are an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear ALA_Traveler52,
Thank you for the great review and nice comments. I am glad to hear that you all had a great stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and spreading the word. The rooms in the back sections are a nice touch and I am glad to hear you all were able to try them out this time. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed four nights. The room was very clean. The bed had a lot of pillows which I liked. We were able to sleep well. I am a very light sleeper so I always worry that the walls will be thin and I'll be able to hear everything but we couldn't hear anything. The shower head was awesome. I wanted to bring it home with me. There was a refrig. and microwave. We tried to pop some popcorn and it almost burned because the microwave was too small so the bag wouldn't turn. The a/c worked good. Housekeeping came everyday and did a great job. Now let's talk breakfast. They had scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal and bear waffles. They offer orange juice, water and milk. The food was bland. I was not impressed. There is not enough seating. One morning we had to take our breakfast to our room because there weren't any tables. You have to walk outside to get to the building that has breakfast. I thought that was strange. If it's raining you'll have to get wet to go eat breakfast. Overall we liked the hotel. Everyone was nice. Customer service was great. They should give you the wifi code when you check in. I had to call them to get it. The wifi reception picked up really good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia M

Dear Julia M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you all had an overall good stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with our breakfast. The breakfast offers convenience, good food, and it’s complimentary which makes it very popular. I understand your frustration for I myself dislike having to wait for a seat. Again thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wife and I stayed here 3 nights recently. Overall, it is a clean, well kept hotel. We stayed on the back side with a mountain view. These rooms have a great view of the Smokies and are much quieter than the street-side rooms. Our room was clean and had comfortable beds. The room appeared to have been renovated recently with new carpet and other updates. The breakfast bar was in a separate room with plenty of seating and even some outdoor tables. It had a decent selection of breakfast items including eggs, sausage, gravy, waffles, cereals etc. A little more fresh fruit would have been a nice touch though. All of the staff members from the front desk, the housekeepers and maintenance people were courteous and helpful. The only negative, really, was the outdoor hot tub. It wasn't hot, merely lukewarm.
There are nicer, newer hotels in the area, but they're a lot more expensive as well. For what we paid, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert S
Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Robert S,
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad to hear you folks had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you folks again.