“Our trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
franklin, United States
“Our trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

we stay at this hotel often and have always enjoyed it. The staff is always friendly. The only thing I noticed is that the pools are showing some wear and tear and need some fixin up. We plan on staying here next year for vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Melanie H,
Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you stay with us often. We will do some extensive maintenance on the pools once we can get them closed for the season. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Michael Stienbarger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Let me start out by saying I was pleased to see one in our group has a review written before me - that's speaks volumes of how much she enjoyed this hotel.

I booked this hotel for a total of 11 rooms for our group that visited August 21st to 23rd in Pigeon Forge. I must say everything went smoothly with Francis the group booking coordinator. We received a great rate for the 2 nights that everyone was pleased with.

I do wish I recall the names of the 2 men and 1 lady who checked us in on the 21st around 3pm. I know they had to be overwhelmed by our party of 21 people in the lobby at once - but they handled it well with me running back and forth verifying what they had in the system as amount still due per room was accurate. One couple in our group travelled in the day before and checked in with no problems.

The staff of this hotel go the extra mile to ensure guest are comfortable. When I checked into my first room ground floor I noticed an odor of cigerettes, and that triggers my allergies unfortunately - the hotel room was smoke free but apparently someone either had stood outside the door or hung around the room long enough outside for the odor to slip in - not a problem my husband and I were moved to room 210 no questions asked - great!

I am a picky traveler and carry lysol and lysol wipes every trip - and when I can wipe things down and find no dirt - then you know housekeeping is doing their job properly and that is the case at this hotel in my room.

We all quickly learned the cablevision was not operating - front desk explained in detail what was going on - throughout the 2 days some of the rooms had cable some did not - which was a little frustrating for a couple of the guys wanting to keep up with sports. But this was beyond the hotel control on cablevision and it had been reported.

This property has an outdoor pool with jacuzzi, indoor pool with jacuzzi and interior room entrance in this section, plus we noticed a smaller pool with kids umbrella as well in the back . Four of us enjoyed the pool while we were there - very relaxing. I along with the previous writer do agree if we ever come again that we will definately request our block of rooms be in the indoor pool building - it would have been an awesome location for us to gather together easily.

Two of the ladies in our group requested to be moved due to no television in their room on the 2nd morning, no problem, we saw one of the desk clerks even carrying their luggage - great customer service - but then - their new room was difficult on locking - this was addressed as well.

Morning breakfast - they have the cutest waffle/pancake maker in the shape of a bear - how adorable. The ladies in the breakfast room were so very courteous and helpful - Janis & Sandy. They kept the food replinished quicky and asked if everything was ok and did we have what we needed - imagine almost every moring 21 people walking in at the same time for breakfast - these ladies did a great job of keeping things cleaned and stocked.

The grounds of this property is also very pretty. Walking to the breakfast area you will see nice rocking chairs, a small table and chair in a serene area with a bench to sit on near a fountain. Almost everyone in the group had a photo session at the bench together.

The hotel is across from some very good restaurants - but I would recommend driving verses walking due to the traffic.

All in all - great stay! Hopefully if this group ever gets back by Pigeon Forge we will use this hotel property again!

Room Tip: If you are a group - I recommend requesting your block of rooms located in the building with the ind...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear vhash77,
I appreciate and enjoyed reading your great review of our property. Great details. I am so glad to hear that you all had a good stay with us. I do apologize for the cable issues. Charter has been switching to all digital requiring all TV’s to have individual boxes. In the process the signal had went out around our area and I apologize to everyone for any inconvenience. We would love to get those rooms for you inside with the pool next time you all come back. Just let us know. We enjoyed having your group stay with us and we look forward to seeing you all again.
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

The bed was comfortable, the water pressure in the shower good. That was it. The rooms were outdates and the hallway and elevator smelled horrible. No room in the breakfast area. The line was out the door. Parking was terrible. Had we not been so tired of driving for 13 hours, we probably wouldn't have slept as well as we did.

Dear Ketha H,
Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. This year we have bought all new bedding, added granite countertops and new cabinets in all guest rooms, and new carpet. We are always working on something. We are in a high traffic area and things do tend to get congested and I’m sorry for any inconvenience. We look forward to you all coming back to the Pigeon Forge area.
Thanks again,
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel at least one week during the month of July for the past 10 years with our grandchildren. Then we return again for about 5 days during August to shop, visit family, and attend the Bristol NASCAR Race. We have always received excellent service and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are being updated and they look very nice.

Dear Charles A,
Thanks for your review. We always enjoy you and your family staying with us and we are lucky to have guests like you guys. Thanks for your continued loyalty and as always we look forward to seeing you folks again.

Duffield, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Great location to trolly and featured attractions. Staff was very informed about the area and helped when ask. My family and guest enjoyed the variety of things to do and how close they were. We even walk to a near by restaurant for dinner. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Princess F,
Thanks for staying with us on your recent trip to the area. I am glad to hear that you folks had a good stay and we look forward to seeing you folks again. We appreciate your review and nice comments.

Hays, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice place to stay, loved the indoor and outdoor pools. The grounds were really nice, rooms were clean. The breakfast was great and we loved the Teddy bear waffles. Thanks to Janis and Sandy who kept food flowing for our whole group.

Room Tip: If you have a group choose to stay in the building with the indoor pool so you all can meet down aro...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 109KELL733,
Thanks for the review. I am glad to hear that you all had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

pigeon forge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This place was great and the photos and area was as pictured on the website.. We will difinately stay there again. and We HIGHLY recommend this Motel.. BREAKFAST was so surprising !! Love the waffles and Hot breakfast!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Kimberly H,
Thanks for the great review and the nice comments. I am glad to hear that you all had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you folks again.