“This cabin is so clean and you feel like its your...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Metts Bear Den

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 86 reviews

Reviews from our community

Stephanie...
Hermitage, Tennessee
“This cabin is so clean and you feel like its your home.”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in February 2016

I love this place going back for a 2nd trip in a month. I TOTALLY feel like its my own home and its decorated perfectly and clean. We always take the kids and it is no big deal to take them where they wanna go because its close to everything.

Date of stay: February 2016
15 Jan 2017
Thanks Stephanie for the great review and we look forward to having you back, I have enjoyed having you as my face book friend.
Your new friend,
Margaret
hopem280
Summerville, Georgia
“Christmas in the Smokies ”
Reviewed 27 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Wow!!! Is the first word to come to mind of this home away from home cabin. This was the first time ever me and my family have been away from home on Christmas. I remember looking at the pictures and reviews last March when I decided to book it for Christmas this year (Dec. 22-27th).
This cabin has everything you will need for your stay and it was decorated beautifully and the cleaning service does an immaculate job because it's spotless.
Love the deco of the whole place, inside and out! It really shows when an owner takes pride and care of a place to rent it out! We were impressed indeed.
Love the location close to everything and can still take the backroad and avoid all traffic on the parkway when making a quick trip to grocery store.
Thank you Margaret for the use of your cabin. We had the best Christmas ever here, my grown children loved it as well.
We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: December 2016
28 Dec 2016
Hope,
Thank you so much for the great review, I am so happy that you had a memorable time it always makes me feel good when my renters say that, and love it as much as we do. I hope to hear from you again, let me know and I can work with you on your next visit. I hope you and your Family have a blessed 2017. Happy New Year, Margaret
FellowTra...
“Pretty good stay!”
Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Metts Bear Den was in a great location and easily accessible. The cabin was very clean and nice. I only have a couple of things that slightly disappointed me 1.) I wish I would have known that the loft counted as a bedroom and another "bedroom" was basically a closet and 2.) the ceiling of the first floor was the flooring of the second floor (no insulation or sound dampening material between the floors). I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this cabin to friends as long as I told them the two "cons" to staying here.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Date of stay: November 2016
28 Nov 2016
I am so glad that you had a great stay, looking forward to hearing from you again. Have a Merry Christmas
indianajo...
Eustis, Florida
“Girls getaway”
Reviewed 7 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This cabin is exactly what the pictures show. Extremely beautiful. Perfect location to get to shopping or any place you plan to go. This cabin has 3 bedrooms ( I would not say the 4th room is a bedroom) The 4th room is the size of a small walk in closet. It has a trendil bed, would be great for small children. To get to this room you have to go through another bedroom. The other bedroom is on the loft so not a lot of privacy. The bedroom on the main floor is very nice with an attached full bathroom shared with the main living space. This cabin is turn key. You won't need to take a thing. I would highly recommend this cabin but not as a 4 bedroom.

Date of stay: October 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy access to the downtown
Liked least: Advertised as a 4 bedroom but really only 3
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Oct 2016
Linda Sue,
So glad you had a good trip, Sorry if any of the Description was misleading, however the small bedroom is listed as a bonus room with two trundles and it is suppose to be great for children and or teens. The loft bedroom, we did have a folding screen room divider for more privacy, which was standing by the chest in the loft, hope this wasn't to inconvenient for your group. Thank you for the great review and hope that you will return to the bear den again. Please let me know if you do and I will give you a discount for your return visit. Thank you so much for choosing our cabin.
Nette866
“Charming and cozy.”
Reviewed 25 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We had a great time. The cabin is very "bear" friendly. Overall it was a little small for my group's needs. May rent again with my family.

Date of stay: September 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
28 Sep 2016
Jeanette,
I am so glad you had a great time, I usually like to tell large groups about size and sleeping arrangements of the cabin, I depend on the renter putting down how many in their group, however on the original booking you had stated that their was only 4 in your party, I am not sure the amount you had but it sleeps ten as you know but the small bedroom is a little tight. I do hope that you will rent again and if you do please let me know that it is a return visit and I will give you a return discount. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
brittany...
“beary nice”
Reviewed 15 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I cant say enough about our stay so very nice. Me my husband our 2 daughters with my sister and her 2 kids. What amazing place great little get way. I would stay again. I love the thought that was put into it.

Date of stay: September 2016
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
16 Sep 2016
Brittany, Thank you for the excellent review, I am so glad that you and your family had a great stay, looking forward to hearing from you all again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.