“We loved our stay ( Dec19-22)”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Bare Bottom

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Doaa H
“We loved our stay ( Dec19-22)”
Reviewed 24 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

This was the second time i rented a cabin in Gburg and we loved it. This cabin is well maintained and adorable,perfect for a couple.

Sightseer...
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great location out of Pigeon Forge close to all the attractions and trails. Out experience was made even better by the wonderful owners!

17 Nov 2016
Thank you for staying at our cabin. Glad you had a great stay. Hope to have you back again to stay with us.
Have a great day!
Missy
Trx450
“Was a great time. The grotto, cabin, the steps, the everything was all expected.”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The mountain side cabin was fun to park at with our 21' boat and trailer. With patience we did it at the top and behind house. The steps in the front. That are not needed was AWSOME for our walks and the characteristics of the home. The grotto was wonderful with the waterfall flowing on one side as we enjoyed life in the hot tub on the other. The canopy tree limbs in the living room helped set it off bringing the outside In. We didn't find the dishes in the dishwasher till we was leaving. Was not sure if clean or not but we got dish soap and washed our own mess up. The roomy king bed was nice to sleep in and we had no bug issues. We did get the visit from the recoon on our last night.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
23 Jul 2016
Hello, thank you for the review. As we had text, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. As for the dishes in the dishwasher, I'm sorry about that as I will have to have my cleaners double check everything. Thank you for taking care of our house. Glad the waterfall was working for you. Guest like you make our house what it is for the next guest! As you said, when you are ready to book, you know what to do. Thank you again for choosing to stay at our cabin, and again, thank you for being respectful of our home!. Have a great day!, Missy
Ryan M
“Beware of Owners”
Reviewed 30 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed here with our dogs and loved it. The cave and decor inside are fun and different and the cabin is in a great location, as well as surprisingly secluded. Besides the dishwasher being left dirty (no big deal) we thought it was great and would have loved to come back... That was until after our stay.

The owners, without mentioning it to me first or answering my calls/texts after I found out, contacted FlipKey accusing us of several untrue things in order to keep our security deposit. They accused us of everything from avoiding paying a pet fee (nowhere in the booking process, rental agreement, or cost listing), to causing the pre-existing stains on the carpet, and even our dogs going in the hot tub (seriously). It took a month of back and forth with FlipKey before they finally investigated and returned our full deposit stating they "found the claim unreasonable."

The cabin was great, but not worth dealing with the petty, dishonest owners. They definitely lost me as a would-be repeat customer.

2 Jul 2016
First of all....In the 6 years that we have had this cabin, this is the VERY FIRST DAMAGE DEPOSIT that we have had to ever hold...YOU trashed my house, your dogs TRASHED my house and my furniture. As I told you, it states clearly in the detailed description that if you take a pet and don't pay the pet fee, $300 charge NO EXCEPTIONS...Well, your the FIRST. I communicated CLEARLY THE WHOLE TIME WITH YOU as I do with all my guest. Its a shame that people like you ruin it for the good and honest people...I have pictures from the cleaning crew of how you and your dogs left my house, and let me say this...I would NOT want to come to your home and visit if you live like you left my house. It took the cleaning crew over 3 hours to get it ready. I really don't know how someone could have trashed it in less than 48 hours. Furthermore, I clearly sent you check out time as your were not out on time and the cleaners had to make another trip back. If you recall, I had to call to see if you had left yet....You really want to put beware of owners? I will post reviews about you on every site there is....I have never had to "ban" anyone from my house....YOU are the FIRST!!!! YOU are absolutely horrible....I will be surprised if I don't incur more expenses down the road....Putting food down dish sink when NO GARBAGE DISPOSAL in the sink....I could go on and on, but I wasted more time on you than I had planned on....You call me dishonest....WOW...you truly are a piece of crap! I have NEVER EVER been so mad at any of my guest as you....but then I have never had any trouble with anyone EVER...
redman831
Gilbert, South Carolina
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed 5 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Well my sweet husband wouldn't review so I will. First off we are easy to please people and not too picky. We could look past the dirt and dust. Dead bugs in the windowsills and brown marks on top of the paper towels which had already been used. We even were so determined to be happy and make great memories, we looked past the dirty outdoor tables and hot tub that wasn't hot. WE were told to cover and let it warm for several hours. A little difference noted but not much. We were ok though with it still. We saw no need to complain. The 90's blue carpet was filthy covered in stains, but we laughed it off and kept on moving through or memory making anniversary trip. All halted on our last night when returning from a day out we found a bed bug in the bed. Then another... We googled and sent pics to our exterminator friends back in SC hoping and hoping it was not what we knew it was. It even spurted out our blood when mashed. Sorry for the details but I want all to know we do not complain this was real. Still wanting to give all the benefit of the doubt we reported it to owner and rental company. No apology still. I am spending my day today sanitizing and washing and drying all on hi heat. What we couldn't wash we got rid of. I have several bites but I'm a tough girl. Our last night we spent awake most the night on the couch planning what to do to keep from taking home any of these horrid creatures. I am appalled we have not at least gotten an apology.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 May 2016
On Thurs. April 28th we went to the house from our home in IN. I am the owner. My wife and I are licensed exterminators in IN. and OH. Indiana license F210884 if you care to verify. Our business/work has been pest control since 2001, wildlife control since 1995.

We were notified of the bugs on or about Apr. 24th 2016. We couldn't get to the house until Thurs. Apr. 28th. We took our TRAILER LOAD of HEAT equipment and performed TWO heat treatments on the house 2 days apart. We DO NOT spray for bed bugs as we know it doesn't work.

Both days the house was 'baked' for several hours with INTERNAL temperatures of the bed, couch etc. reaching the 160s and holding it there for hours. Paper ignites at 451 degrees F. You must hold above 120 for several hours so as to kill or 'pop' the hidden bed bug eggs. Basically, the house was sterilized by heat.

See our bed bug heat equipment here: http://thebeastmaster.com/bed_bugs.php

As to the bugs in window sills, dirty carpet, used paper towles etc. Yes, the carpet is old. We are working people. It costs a lot to replace carpet. We shampooed it while we were there, again, around May 1st.
We took up the living room carpet years ago and replaced with hardwood.
We have since parted ways with our cleaning crew and hired a new company May 12th 2016. We think they will pay closer attention to cleaning details.
The filthy outdoor tables are....OUTDOOR tables ! The cleaning crew is not there every day cleaning the outside. Between check-ins, of course, dust, pollen etc from the air will settle on outdoor things.

People want to go to the Mtns. but don't want Mtn. things when they get there...such as gravel roads, mud sliding off the hillside, ants on a porch railing, a raccoon in the garbage can at night etc. etc. A concrete jungle is more suited to some folks.
The pictures show the cabin very well. What you see is what you get.

HOT TUB UPDATE: While at the cabin, on Apr. 30th 2016, we paid just over $600 and had BRAND NEW 'guts' put in the hot tub. New push button controller, new thermostat etc. The temp. now stays at about 100F and will adjust up or down rather quickly now with the new internal parts. We also had a red light installed in the tub for night use.

We are sorry for your experience. We are in IN. and our house is in TN. We can only rely on messages from our cleaning/maintenance crew as to the house conditions. We cannot take action if we don't know what's going on. We work for a living too and can only get to our house for a personal inspection once or twice a year.
Casey & Missy Rayls-Owners.
Pink7152
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

The cabin was just as described! The hot tub on the secluded balcony was relaxing. We will be going again just not at the same time as the car show. The cabin was quiet and peaceful. It would have been nice to stay longer......

Thanks Missy and Casey!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The hot tub
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Jul 2016
Hello and thank you for staying at our cabin, Bare Bottom. We are glad you enjoyed your stay other than car show time. We have not been down there during that time so I don't know what you expect. Thank you for being respectful of our home. We would love to have you back, as you know how to get ahold of us. Thank you again, and have a great day! Missy
okiedokie...
Rising Sun, Indiana
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed 28 April 2016 for a stay in November 2015

Very clean. Cabin had everything we needed for a great getaway. Close to everything but private. Highly recommend staying here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location/privacy
Liked least: driveway
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Jul 2016
Thank you for choosing to stay at our home, Bare Bottom,. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you to return again. Also, thank you for being respectful of our home. Have a great day! Missy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing