My husband and I just returned from a 3-night anniversary trip to Pigeon Forge. This was our first visit to this hotel, as well as to the entire area.
Our first impression was the friendly staff that greeted us at the check-in counter. The check-in process was quick and easy. The check-in form asked us to select one of three housekeeping options: No housekeeping, Daily trash and fresh towels only, or Full daily service. We chose "No housekeeping." (This was to prove quite handy later, when we got to our room and discovered that we did not have a "Do Not Disturb" sign, which is how we normally indicate that we do not want housekeeping services when we travel.)
When we pulled our car into a parking space and got out, we were almost immediately greeted by one of the housekeepers! A few minutes later, another housekeeper also said "Hello" and asked if we needed any help. All of this was before we had even reached our room. The friendliness of the staff at this hotel is definitely a big plus.
Our room was clean, except for the bathroom floor. We were given a room with a fireplace (without requesting it), but the weather was too warm for us to use it. Our room had a connecting door to the next room, and when the folks in that room were talking or watching TV, we could hear the sound pretty clearly, which meant that they could probably hear us, too. We put a towel down along the bottom of the door, although I don't think that made much of a difference. We always travel with a small air purifier for white noise, so when we turned that on, it helped to drown out the sounds of our neighbors. But they could probably still hear us. The frig worked well, but the microwave was a big disappointment. It powered on just fine, but the rotating ring and glass plate seemed to have come from a different microwave and did not properly rotate. We removed the ring and tried using only the plate, but not having anything to sit on, it could not rotate without the ring, either. Thus, we were not able to make microwave popcorn. This is not a huge deal, but it is one of those little things that you just expect to work. The mattress was fairly comfortable, but the pillows were square, very small, and nearly flat. If I stayed here again, I would definitely bring my own pillow.
There are two pools, indoor and outdoor. We did not bring swimsuits so did not use the pools. But the pools and hot tubs all looked well maintained and inviting. We did enjoy sitting at the tables and chairs by the indoor pool, where we ate a couple of lunches and snacks.
The daily breakfast seemed to be the same each morning. The menu included make-your-own waffles, toast, bagels, sweet rolls, cold cereal, canned fruit, hard-boiled eggs, and biscuits and gravy. The food was not all that great. The hard-boiled eggs were frozen, coated in ice. The condiments (cream cheese, etc.) were not adequately stocked. The biscuits and gravy lacked flavor.
There are plenty of restaurants nearby, many within walking distance. There is also a trolley stop at the hotel, so if you don't want to drive, you can get around town by riding the trolley.
Overall, this hotel was not terrible, but it was not outstanding. We paid a fairly good price compared to other area hotels, so I am sure that we got what we paid for. The next time we are in the area, we may or may not stay here again. We would definitely compare and consider other hotels alongside this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The very finest in accommodations are right in the heart of Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our ideal location in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is only 10 miles from the Sugarlands Welcome Center entrance. Outlet Shopping centers are just minutes away and a very convenient drive or trolley ride from us. For that special occasion, romantic weekend or well planned family vacation, Best Western Toni Inn in Pigeon Forge offers a variety of hotel accommodations and amenities sure to please all travelers. Free Hot Continental Breakfast • Family Rooms • Whirlpool Rooms • Non-Smoking Rooms • Queen and King Beds • In-room Coffee Makers, Microwaves and Small Refrigerators • Hairdryers • Flat Screen Televisions • Free Premium Movie Channel & Wireless Internet • Heated Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs. ELEVATOR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Toni Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Toni Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Best Western Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Best Western