We booked our hotel about 2 months in advance. We were told that check in was after 2pm. When we arrived our room wasn't yet ready (it was around 2:30 or 3pm). So we were given another room. After we unloaded our vehicle and had all our clothes hung up we started with the clothes that go in the dresser. It had grape soda spilled in the drawers and on the floor in front and to the side of it. So I called the front desk and we were given yet another room. This one seemed in order, so we had to re-pack to unpack in another room. The next day the maid service gave us 2 towels, 2 face towels, 1 hand towel and no wash clothes, no bath matt. (3 of us) we had to call the front for more. The following day they took the dirty towels but didn't leave any clean, all we had were the ones left from the day before and those were from us going to the office(1 hand, 2 face,and 1 bath towel). The pool has large cracks in the walls and on the bottom. It also had stuff that looked like fungus in the kiddy pool. The towel situation didn’t get any better except for the day maid service came while we were still in the room. I asked for extra things, explaining that we had to keep going to the front desk for more because there were 3 of us. They would leave coffee to make, but no hot cups. Or leave 2 cold cups and 1 hot cup. The bathroom sprung a leak in the ceiling and started a large crack with paint chips falling and we were told the persons above us overfilled their tub, but it got worse not better and the toilet moved when you used it. Over all the hotel was not a good experience, but Tennessee was a great adventure into the mountains and into all the shops and Dollywood and Splash country and the Dixie stampede. I will return to Tenn. but not to that hotel chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sun shines brightly at our Days Inn Pigeon Forge South hotel, a great value hotel next door to Dixie Stampede, and near Dollywood and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Whether you are our guest for just one night or an extended stay, we offer comfortable accommodations at a great price. When the weather is warm and sunny, take a dip in our seasonal outdoor pool. Enjoy a free newspaper with your free deluxe hot breakfast. Our ample guest rooms come equipped with microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Select suites have a fireplace, kitchenettes, or whirlpool tubs for two. We offer free WiFi. Visit the great Dollywood Theme Park, or enjoy a mind-blowing upside down building facade and educational exhibits for all ages at Titanic Museum Attraction and Wonder Works. Step right up to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, a dinner attraction with stunts, music, and lots of great food. Other fun area adventures include whitewater rafting, rock climbing, and mountain biking. Book your wed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lodge at Mill Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Family Inns Of America - East Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Family Hotel Of America
- Family Hotel Pigeon Forge