“great facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
chattanooga tn
“great facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Pigeon Forge, and were not impressed, but since we are priority club members, we thought we'd give this a try. The lobby is beautiful and comfortable, with a large welcoming fireplace, and a view to the indoor pool and waterfall. Staff was friendly and efficient. Rooms were clean and comfortable, bathrooms a little outdated but clean. Free wireless internet which was easy enough for even me to use. We stayed here the last two times we visited, and will certainly return. The first visit I left a blouse hanging in the closet. By the time I called, Housekeeping was closed and I had to leave a message. They returned my call promptly, had found my blouse, and offered to mail it to me. When I said we were returning the next week, they left it at the front desk for me, and I retrieved it at check in with no difficulty.

1 Thank nrnolan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn. I remember them being considered almost "high end" when I was a kid. It seemed like their reputation tanked for a while and they were equated with motels. Recently, as in 5-10 years, that has turned around. This hotel is proof of that.

The front desk staff were all polite. The staff at the on-site restaurant were nice. When we checked in we received a goodie bag because we are members of the "club".

The room was updated and very clean. The bathroom was updated with the exception of the shower/tub. Very old and worn down with actual spots where the finish was worn off. It was all very clean though so it wasn't hard to overlook.

The lobby is very cozy with a fireplace and you can look right out to the indoor pool area. My daughter was very impressed with the pool and whirlpool and the waterfall.

The location was great being right on the edge of the main drag so there was plenty to do but not all of the traffic.

Breakfast wasn't included and was $9/person which I thought was a bit much.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank shantikay
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

We arrived at the hotel and the lobby is very classy and clean. However, the hallways and the rooms are not very clean at all. Some parts of the room were very nice...the furniture was nice but the carpet is filthy. My mom had put CLEAN socks on & walked from the bathroom to her bed & they were black on the bottom. The beds are tiny but comfortable. The bathroom looks like it hasn't been remodeled in years--the wallpaper was peeling off the wall, they cupboard was old and dated, the toilet seat was worn & nasty. For $100+ a night...PLEASE...I will NOT stay here again.

2 Thank wdwfan70

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I arrived at the hotel on August 6, 2011 to celebrate my 18th wedding anniversary. The hotel lobby and exterior were very nice. However, when we went to our room,the outside hall was filthy from the time we got off of the elevator to outside our room door (food particles and stains). Upon entering the room, the ottoman was stained and the room was old and shabby. I went in to the bathroom to find a dirty tub and pubic hair on the toilet seat. The bed pillows were very small and did not sufficiently cover the width of the king sized bed. The t.v was an old box tv and the couch was old and outdated. As I went downstairs to complain, I noticed the floor stained with dirt and grime around the ice machine. My husband refused to stay there as did I. The staff tried to offer us another room but the room they took us to was just as dirty. I pointed these things out to the hotel mgr. who sullenly apologized and refunded out money. Anniversary stay ruined! very disappointed in the Holiday Inn Corp. We were compensated fairly from corporate.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel unless you like to stay in filth!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LBarney7699
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

October 2011 room 222 had bedbugs. Was traveling with my 2 young daughters and had already put one of them to bed. The other daughter and I were about to crawl into the other double bed when I spotted a large red bedbug on one of the pillows. On closer inspection we found another bug in the sheets. While management was quick to give us another room (and refund our money) we are all quite upset. My 8 year old was traumatized and could not sleep for 2 hours. We had to isolate and fumigate all of our belongings when we returned home to avoid bringing home bugs. I was quite disgusted and will not stay there again, even though the hotel was beautiful and the pool was great.

11 Thank Angela L
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Last year, Linda, Pete, Pat and I had a rendez-vous with a friend of Linda's who was wanting to give a Siberian cat, named Rosie, a new home. The only place we could meet was in Pigeon Forge, as the woman was next heading to Philadelphia for a convention, and I knew we didn't want to go there. So we arranged to book an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn. The place looked as if it had been renovated. We needed a nice place to stay during the pet rescue mission; that was accomplished. We even got a carryout dinner from Johnny Carino's, which we enjoyed in our hotel room and shopped at Big Lots as we left town the next day. Architecturally speaking, the Holiday Inn is one of the better hotels in Pigeon Forge. While we probably won't visit very often because of traffic congestion, we will keep the Holiday Inn in mind.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
traceys landing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

everything went well, I really had too much work to do to enjoy the Hotel. The people were all great, the women at the front desk really did a wonderful job of helping me out with things I needed for my workshop.
Candice Mullins was my Catering Director and she was as nice as you could imagine some being. She saw to my every need and showed off the Hotels commitment to professionalism and southern hospitality.
Candice made a visit to the room to introduce herself and it added a nice personal touch to the meeting. I would recommend this hotel for meetings and personal vacations.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business