“Great in door pool !”

Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #74 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 17 March 2012

They have a great in door pool, its pretty and looks like rocks. It also has a game area for children. They have a place to eat breakast like bacon eggs waffles and more. It is close to many attractions, the saff is friendly and if you are a Priority club member you get a thank you back with pop corn a aple and water, sometimes more. They will also give you items you might have forgot like tooth brush or tooth paste. The hotel smells frsh and rooms have been updated. It is a nice family place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 February 2012

stayed there wknd of 2-18-12---2-20-12 wont go back room was not worth it plus a/c unit was loud enough to wake you up every other 15 minutes. Then when went to play games out by the pool they didnt work and lady at front desk said that wasnt their problem. If you look around rooms are cheaper in G burg and you dont have to drive overall motel was clean and nice but not well kept up with inside rooms for 198.00 for two nights could have paid half that.

Room Tip: shop around before you put it on your credit card
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kraig s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Kraig s,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 19 February 2012

As a Platinum member, this place has is the worst customer service and management I have ever seen at a Holiday Inn. Traveling across the country to all your different hotels, I've NEVER been treated so rudely or dismissed for a problem in my life.

Beginning with my arrival at the hotel I experienced unfriendly staff. I chose this hotel due to its location and child friendliness, but unfortunately, I was treated badly when it comes to the kids. They advertise KIDS EAT FREE, but it is not entirely true. The kids were told by the hostess to go to the buffett, but once they did a waitress comes running over and yelling that the kids cannot eat free from the buffett. Although I've always received free breakfast because of my status, I didn't expect anyone else to have free breakfast except for the fact that the sign said BREAKFAST 7-11am KIDS EAT FREE and the hostess told us to eat it.

It was extremely embarrassing, the waitress was just arguing with us and the manager was the worst excuse for a manager I've ever seen. I asked for the manager and 15 minuters later the manager arrives and never once appologized. She had a secret meeting with the waitress and just made excuses and never once tried to appologize. I just wanted an appology and would have paid for the kids, but it was the FALSE ADVERTISING, RUDENESS, and their exceptional skills for having bad customer service that will make it sure I won't ever stay at this hotel again. Holiday Inn might stop being my main hotel for business as well.

As a platinum member, I've always received free breakfast, but was not offerred a free breakfast. I did not complain about this, but I did make a mental note. This morning, Feb 19, 2012, I decided to eat breakfast in the hotel downstairs. I went to the restaurant with my wife and 3 children because it offers free breakfast for kids. So, I arrived at the restaurant and was greeted by the hostess. We asked about the kids free breakfast for kids and she said they eat for free. As we were sitting at the table with the hostess, the kids asked if they could go to the buffett. The hostess said they could and we all went to the buffett. While we were getting food and about finished putting food on the plates, a waitress runs over to us and loudly says 'The children cannot eat free from the buffett. You will have to eat from the menu.' Immediately, I was extremely embarrassed with the other people around. I also didn't feel it was right I would tell my children to put down and waste the food on their plates. I asked the waitress about the sign in the front of the restaurant (which I have a picture of) that says "breakfast 7-11 KIDS EAT FREE." She said it does not include the buffett. Immediately, I went to the manager which took 15 minutes to see me. When she arrived, we heard what I told her, went to the waitress and they secretly went to a corner of the restaurant so I could not hear them. When she came back, she argued with us and never once appologized or tried to help us resolve the matter. It was all about her and she told me that they cannot treat people differently and their restuarant was different from other holiday inn restaurants. This was weird to me since I've never seen a holiday inn restuarant with this rule, bad service, and I've always received free breakfast. The manager was so cold and rude and embarrassing that I don't want to stay tonight or any other night at holiday inn. I was previously a hyatt diamond member and chose to frequent holiday inn for my business and personal stays. I have never been so embarrassed or treated so badly at a hotel. Ever.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank chrislw77
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My family has stayed here several times. The rooms are nice and comfortable; the cleaning service was good. The pool/hot tub area was nice, but wasn't kept up as well as the other areas of the hotel. The best part about this place, though, is the location. It is in Pigeon Forge, but my family frequently goes to Gatlinburg, and this hotel is on the Gatlinburg end of Pigeon Forge. The biggest problem was the restaurant. We were there during some sort of Veteran's convention, and it took my husband around an hour to get our breakfast (a bagel and cereal). That was the first time we had tried the restaurant, and we haven't tried it again since. Under different circumstances, I'm sure there is no such problem, but I can't say for sure. Between this hotel and the Holiday Inn Express, we prefer the Holiday Inn Express. This hotel is good though.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The lobby looks good, but the rooms need updating ASAP. Big box TVs, bathtubs that feel as if its going to fall into the next floor at any min., tub had more dents then a race car, windows that sweated so bad you could not see out of them, there was urine stains beside commode, and rust on bathroom door hinges.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrMrsReid
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We had never been to the area during the holidays, and decided to try it for New Years. I had rented a cabin that I thought would be quick & easy to get to after spending the days in town. Little did I know that it was on "suicide mtn.". So, late Thursday, the 29th, I found myself calling around looking for somewhere else to stay. To no surprise, most places were booked, but this Holiday Inn had a room. In the past, I've not been very impressed with Holiday Inns, but it was late, we were desperate, and they had a room. So, with expectations low, we traveled back into Pigeon Forge. We were pleasently surprised...clean, indoor pool/hot tub, laundry room, quiet. The price was surprisingly within reason, also. Front desk staff was friendly & helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank packaderm
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed there 3 nights. The staff was wonderful & couldn't be more helpful.Our room was very nice. We slept all night with no problems. Each room had micro frig, coffee pot & microwave. There were two nice benches to put your luggage on so you didn't have to put it on your bed. The only thing I would have liked to have been better was the water pressure in the shower. It was OK .

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends