“Very Nice”

Ranked #75 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I know the price is pretty high, but I had a free night stay, and at least with it I can say that I was very satisfied. It is a very nice hotel and the room was wonderful as well. Pretty nice view of the parkway. Nice tv also. The bed was very large and comfortable. And you are in walking distance of several places. The staff was very nice, and the pool area was great. Just wish it was open later since we spent all day out and didn't get back until pretty late. I would stay here again if I had the budget, but I do recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Tiffany W,

Thank you for your feedback. Our team takes great pride in the service we provide and it's very rewarding to hear from our guests. We invite you to return the next time you visit Pigeon Forge so that we may have the opportunity to impress you once again!

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The room and the hotel was welcoming and warm. The room was beautiful and clean. It had a jacuzzi tub and a fireplace. The employees were really nice. My husband had proposed to me one of the days they were there and they put an "I love you balloon" and flowers in the room when we got back. It was awesome! The restaurant was good too (we only had breakfast).

Stayed: January 2014
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Michelle M,

We remember your trip very well! It's always a pleasure to be able to help our guests celebrate in any way we can. Congratulatioins again on your recent engagement, we wish you the very best! Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it so much. Your compliments will be shared with the entire team who will be very proud to hear them. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I am unable to read in bed because the lamp was unplugged when I leaned back on the pillow! And, the outlet is behind the bed, which is immovable. Luckily, the first time this happened, I was able to squeeze my small hand in and manage to plug it back in. This time, forget it.

There seem to be two wall outlets in the room itself, both hard to reach, plus one on the desk lamp which will power the coffee pot and laptop, but not charge a phone or anything else. I got up in the middle of night to plug the phone in in the bathroom. I
know most people come here for a place to sleep while they enjoy the tourist stuff, but we are here for an event. Even if I were here to shop at the outlets, I would want to read in bed and charge my phone. Otherwise, the room is nice. Has microwave, fridge, coffee, etc. I see people say the rooms are small, but ours was large, with a king bed, large love seat, desk, credenza.... We stay in hotels in convenient areas in large cities, and this really is comparable or better.

Room Tip: Did not use spa or eat there. Room was large with good bed. Air conditioning was noisy room unit. H...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brenda S,
Thank you for your response.Feedback is very important to us as we value our guests' experience above nearly everything else. We have shared your comment regarding electrical outlets with our Management Team to oversee any resolution. We appreciate your compliments and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our property and our service. We deeply regret that you were unable to read in bed or conviently charge your devices and we want to remedy that as quickly as possible. In the future, please contact our manager on duty with any issues you may be having and it will be our pleasure to resolve them for you as quickly as possible.Thank you for your time, we look forward to our next oppurtunity to serve you.
Sincerly,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stay was OK, but cleaning could be better - hair in tub. Ice machines were very noisey on third floor but they have been each time we stayed there - good thing they were far from our room. Staff was great.

Room Tip: Choose room away from elevator/ice machine end of hall.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Admistrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear DHayesJr,
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us.We have shared the issues with our Management Team who will follow up to ensure they are handled appropriately. Thank you for your compliments, our team is always happy to hear that our guests enjoy our great service. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge so that we may have the chance to serve you and show you how wonderful our property and our service truly is.
Sincerly,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This place is centrally located for pigeon hole and not far from Gatlinburg. The hotel's lobby had a fire since it was during Christmas and it was cold. Leann a staff member is friendly and informative. The hotel has an in door swimming pool but it was full of little kids and their families. It has a small laundry area a small restaurant eating area. The rooms were big and the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for big frills this place is not for you. But if you are looking a reasonably place to stay it is well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear cazu247,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing an outstanding staff member when you see one. I have shared your comment about Leann with her and our guest service manager. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Pigeon Forge.

Thank you!
Candis Mullins
Social Media Director

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Here's my experience. I ended up with this hotel after booking through priceline for a 3 star hotel in PF over Thanksgiving. The price was reasonable for a 3 star hotel but this place is simple not even close to a 3 star. As we walked in the front door to check in, I said, "I bet since we got it through priceline, we'll be on the bottom floor with no view or right by the elevator." Sure enough, bottom floor by elevator. Luckily, we couldn't hear the elevator or outside noise at all. As several others mentioned, the rooms are smaller in size but that's no big deal to me. The bathroom was definitely small. It was hard to maneuver yourself in the bathroom and have enough space to close the door behind you. I'm a thin person and still had this issue. After finally falling asleep on the uncomfortable bed/pillows the first night, I woke up around 2am going into anaphylaxis shock. On a side note, I very rarely have issues breathing. After downing water and allergy medication like there was no tomorrow, I finally started breathing normal again and fell asleep. To sum it up, the room was filled with dust and probably mold, among no telling what else. There is no fan in the bathroom to help with mold. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls because of all the moisture. I dropped something behind the couch in the room and couldn't believe how much dust was covering the back of the couch and wall behind it. Absolutely disgusting. It was literally years worth of dust sitting back there. This place looks nice from outside but no way I would stay here again. The pool area, which most people comment on how nice it was, needs a major update as well. We reluctantly used the hot tub which we found was disgusting after we got in. There were little pieces of trash all in the bottom of the hot tub and tiles were all dirty and/or missing. Once again, no fans in here either and mold was all around us and on the rocks by the pool. The walls and roof were painted in a horrible orange color that was badly flaking. Because of the moisture, paint flakes several inches in size were hanging off the beams above and you could see all of the rust that they were covering up with the paint. As for the "game room," there were about a dozen machines from the 80's or 90's in there. I didn't play them but I saw a child trying to. I counted seven of those machines that had a big "out of order" sign on them. Not trying to bash priceline but I'm afraid to even use their site again for this area because I might end up at this place again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Kevin C,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel during the Thanksgiving week. The rooms were functional but dated. The tub and bathroom needed some work. The hotel has a laundry area, but it looks pretty small considering the size of the hotel.

On the plus side, the location of the hotel is very convenient and is set sufficiently back from the parkway. There is ample parking.

The breakfast was not part of the room rent, however the kids’ breakfast was free in the restaurant. The staff at the restaurant was very pleasant and helpful.

The place had enough to keep the kids busy for a while, with a spacious lobby area, a pool and an arcade. The pool area was clean and inviting. The vending machines on all the floors were convenient too. Overall a very kid-friendly hotel located on the parkway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nyusual

Dear nyusual,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate our guest’s feedback and are pleased your overall experience was a good one. Our hotel is very kid friendly and our “kids eat free” program in our dining room is one of the best deals in town. I have shared your comments with our maintenance department so they can resolve any issues with the tub and bathroom area. We hope you continue to choose Holiday Inn for your lodging needs.

Thank you!