“Cant Complain”

Ranked #74 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Cleveland,TN
“Cant Complain”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel was nice and clean. It is alittle dated but comfortable. The heat really cranks up in the room so we had to turn it off but hey the heat worked. I used the fitness room. The machines are old but I got a workout in. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Addiene,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. Our team works tirelessly each day in order to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable, and relaxing environment. We are committed to making every part of your stay enjoyable and if it's not, for any reason, we want to know about it! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge.

Josh Eldridge
Social Media Administrator
Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Virginia
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We had got this on priceline and when we arrived the customer service was very great LeAnn moved some things around to get us in a king room. We enjoyed out stay tho the only thing that may need future attention is to update the pool area completely some cosmetic issues but nice heated saltwater pool and hot tub

• Stayed February 2014
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear SheenaD22,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Having the best Customer Service in our industry is our highest priority each and every day. We will pass your compliments on to the rest of our team. The issues you mentioned will be passed to our management team for review. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Josh Eldridge
Social Media Administrator
Hialeah, Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Hotel was very good, also was in a good location. Stayed there for 3 nights. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Just minutes away from everything. Went there for a ski weekend trip and absolutely loved it. The waitress Sheri was very nice and professional, also was very helpful with any questions that were asked of her. The front desk staff was also very helpful. It was 3 of us in a room and we had plenty of space.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Cathy B,
Thank you for your taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled you loved your stay with us. I will share your compliments about Sheri with her and our management team. Sheri will appreciate this. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again,
Vicksburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was just in Pigeon Forge for Snowmagedon 2014. I was trapped in this hotel for quite some time since everything in the town was closed. The lobby was warm and inviting and the conference area was very nice. It had apparently just been remodeled. I certainly hope they are planning to remodel the rooms soon. The bed was comfortable but the bathtub was old and had been painted at the bottom and the heater/ air conditioner did not work. The staff was friendly and my housekeeper did an excellent job with clean up every day. The pool looked nice although I didn't have a chance to use it. All in all the hotel was nice but the rooms need major updates.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Southerncharming,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit with us. We are pleased your overall experience here was nice. I have shared your compliments regarding our friendly staff and our services with our management team. I have also expressed your thoughts on the guest rooms and the updates you have suggested with our management team. We look forward to serving you again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is an okay hotel. The rooms are big enough and clean. The common areas are condusive to relaxation and the indoor pool and hot tub area, while a bit dated are large and bright. Nearby to eat are Cheddar's, J.T. Hannah's, Shoney's and a Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar all within walking distance. I mention these because I cannot recommend that anyone patronize the restaurant housed within the hotel. The food is sub standard at best and the service is a nonexistent atrocity. This was my second stay in this hotel. Exactly one year ago I attended the same function , held in the same hotel. The two constants. I had a good time with good friends and the crappy waitstaff at this hotel restaurant. This is the only place where instead of a menu the waitress just tells you with a bad attitude and condescending tone how much everything costs as if the price of the meal were coming out of her pocket.
This is the first place where the hostess approached each entering customer with pursed lips and crossed arms as if she were engaged in some much more important task(perhaps finding a cure for cancer or unlocking the secrets of cold fusion) and you have disturbed her. Shame on you!!
The one time I ate here left a horrible taste in my mouth, not the food the staff. These people keep an okay hotel from being a good hotel, but I guess if they were really skilled they wouldn't be here....still.

Room Tip: Heated Pool! Nearby eateries: Cheddar's J.T. Hannah's (great food and service, Thanks T...
2 Thank Montessorigurl
Dear Montessorigurl,
Thank you for your review. We respect and appreciate our guest’s feedback. I am sorry your recent stay with us was less than satisfactory. We are a full service hotel with a full service restaurant on site and we are sometimes mistaken as a limited service hotel with a continental breakfast. We like to make sure our guests are aware of this before they get a ticket for their meal. We make every effort to accommodate our guests and educate our guests about things to avoid any unexpected charges. I have shared your comments regarding our staff’s attitude with our Food & Beverage Director. Thank you for staying with us.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Good Hotel Bad Restaurant.... Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, TN

This was my second stay at the hotel with the exact same result!

Good hotel with all the amenities however it is over shadowed by the poor service, bad attitudes and general rudeness of the Restaurant Front of the House Staff!

Example: Hostess are not friendly and act as if you have ruined there day by coming to the restaurant.

Example: The Servers want to tell you the price of everything as if you can afford the $90 average rate per night, but can not afford the $12.99 breakfast.

Example: I ran into the Chef at the breakfast bar he asked me if I was finding everything OK. I told him I did not see toast. He told me to ask my Server for toast. I asked my Server for 2 slices of Wheat toast and she told me toast was not available.

Like I said this was my second time dealing with these people. Lack of professionalism, pride in work and poor Customer Service will keep me from ever spending another penny in the restaurant. Therefore I could not recommend the hotel to anyone I know!

Room Tip: Don't eat at the restaurant! Go to the Shoney's or Cheeders both around the corner!
2 Thank billcollins
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear billcollins,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your recent restaurant experience was less than satisfactory. Your comments regarding our restaurant team has been shared with our Food & Beverage Director, to be resolved. We work hard daily to provide the best customer service. If you prefer to speak with someone on our management team regarding these issues, feel free to call us direct at 865-428-2700 or email us at hi.pgftn@cooperhotels.com. Thank you for your recent stay with us. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was at the hotel for a conference in January 2014. The hotel main areas and convention areas were very nice and gave you a homey feel to want to sit and enjoy the space. However the business center is in need of some serious improvements. The equipment is out dated and the internet speed is very slow. I carried on a conversation each morning with the other person as we were waiting for the computers to boot up. The front desk staff was pleasant but did not go out of their way. The Sales department however was excellent. They handled my reservation from start to finish and I can not say enough about how professional they were. The Sales Manager was delightful and worked very hard to make sure every detail of the conference was taken care of. I really thought the venue was nice, staff good and food served with the group, very well done. My biggest complaint would be the guest room. It was like being in a different hotel. Very dated and old feeling. Cement floor showing by the heat unit, bathroom in need of repair, refrigerator ran with a horrid buzz sound at night, and the internet was not receivable. The outlets in the room were not adequate. I plugged in my cell phones in the bathroom at night.
I would say the stay was average and with as many hotels as there are in the area, The Holiday Inn should be putting in improvements and up grades to compete or plan to lower their rates.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lisa B,
Thank you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We are ecstatic you had a great experience. I will share your comments regarding the needed updates in our business center, and our guest rooms with our management team. I have also shared your insight on our staff and sales team with our management team. I do hope you consider staying with us in the future while visiting Pigeon Forge TN.