“The bed was comfortable, breakfast didn't exist”
Review of Valley Forge Inn

Valley Forge Inn
Ranked #25 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Casper, Wyoming
“The bed was comfortable, breakfast didn't exist”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We spent three nights in room 334. The good things: comfortable bed, working heat/air conditioner, and good water pressure.

The mildly inconvenient: I am 5'5" and could just stand under the shower head with an inch to spare - he is over 6 feet and had to crouch down. The room was clean when we got here, but housekeeping did not do a great job on the bathroom the next two days...since it was our own hair in the shower it wasn't gross, but as the mother of 8 children one of the things I look forward to on vacation is not having to clean the bathroom before I use it :)

The reason we won't ever stay here again: Breakfast! The advertisements say a continental breakfast is provided. The hotel is a big U shape, with the office on one end and the breakfast room on the other. When we checked in, I asked where breakfast was and was told it would be in the breakfast room. Morning 1, breakfast room is dark and locked so we walked to the office and were told, "Yeah, she didn't make it in today." They had coffee in the office as well as miniature prepackaged muffins and miniature prepackaged danish (smaller than my iPhone). He is diabetic and could not eat either. I tried......they were so stale and crumbly I looked for an expiration date thinking they were really old. We went out and bought breakfast, thinking "things happen" and not feeling it was that big of a deal. Day 2: breakfast room dark and locked, office says, "She didn't open it today." Same stale prepackaged muffins and danish offered in the office. I requested more coffee for room because they leave you enough for one pot - which is two cups - and we went out and bought breakfast. Day 3: Surprise! Breakfast room dark and locked. I walked to the office (remember this is either around a huge U shaped building or through a rainy parking lot) and said, "No breakfast, again?" and the lady in the office said, "Oh yes! There's coffee and danish right over there." I wasn't sure whether to point out that stale danish does not a continental breakfast make, or ask if I had been lied to previously when they said it was in the breakfast room and the lack of breakfast was because some unknown person didn't come do it. In my opinion, this was false advertising as there was no continental breakfast offered on any of the three mornings we were here. We aren't high maintenance - toast would have sufficed, or anything else that a diabetic could eat and that was fresh. Instead we had to buy breakfast each day, an expense we should not have had to incur sine we purposely choose hotels with complimentary continental breakfasts. We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 334 had a jacuzzi in it and the bed was very comfortable. The balcony had a nice view, over the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
valleyforgeinn, General Manager at Valley Forge Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
I have already personally addressed these concerns but would also like the opportunity to respond in this public forum. This reservation was booked through a third-party booking agency on-line and was not booked directly through our office; as a result, we had no prior contact with the guest about our continental breakfast. During the winter months (mid January thru early March) our continental breakfast room is open every weekend (Saturday/Sunday); it is also open through the week IF we have 30 or more rooms rented. However, if we have less than 30 rooms we will often offer a limited breakfast in our lobby; this consists of coffee, individually wrapped danishes, muffins, and honey buns. We will often make concessions to any guest that has special circumstances (eg. this husband's diabetes or for children). I have personally opened the breakfast room countless times to get a cup of juice for a child or a bowl of cereal/milk or oatmeal for a guest. I can assure you that had we known of the special dietary concerns of your husband we would have made an exception in your case, as well. We were in no way trying to be deceptive or use false advertising; as a result of this incident, we are also going to see about adding this information on our web site to prevent any misunderstanding in the future.

We will certainly look into the issue of showerhead height that you mentioned as another concern. We replaced all of our showerheads with oversized/massage shower heads and have had very positive feedback from our guests, but we will see if height has been compromised as a result.

As you know, a partial refund was issued to your card for the inconvenience of having to go out for breakfast each morning. I hope that you will consider staying with us again and take advantage of our full continental breakfast in season.

-Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Went with 3 night reservation and stayed 5 nights!! Only Place we will stay when we visit Pigeon Forge,Everyone makes you feel at home and the hotel is clean and in great shape.We stayed in our usual room 435 and was compleatly happy with the room, the indoor pool and the hot tub.They had to drain the hot tub one morning but had it filled with hot water and back up running in a just a while! I would (and Do) recommend Valley Forge Inn to all my friends and anyone headed to Pigeon Forge Inn!!!Thanks Joseph and all the staff for the wonderful job and the pride they take in caring for this hotel and the happiness of all their customers!! Hope to see you again soon!!!! :-)

Room Tip: Room 435- Fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, top floor,Very large room,balcony looking at river,easy chairs in...
2 Thank Minton2010
Thanks again for your stay with us and for your kind assessment of our property and staff! We strive to maintain our property grounds and rooms in a manner that is pleasing to all of our guests. Our staff is instructed to take care of all of our guests, whether they be valuable repeat customers like yourself, or someone who is staying with us for the very first time. We do value and recognize the importance of our guests that continue to stay with us time after time, and we are extremely proud of the many wonderful relationships that have been developed during our 25 years in business!

We hope you will continue to make us your vacation stop in Pigeon Forge and will do everything that we can to keep your business!

Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This is an older hotel right in the middle of town, but very well kept up and very clean. No bad odors. We had a king jacuzzi suite, room 235, with a large, private balcony overlooking the back parking lot with the river just past it. Too cold to sit on the balcony this past weekend, but it would be nice in warm weather. The rooms in our section were accessed by a private, inside, corridor. Nice flat screen TV in the room, with lots of room to move around. They had a free continental breakfast every morning, but we didn't partake or see it. Indoor pool and hot tub that was always full when we would pass. The jacuzzi in our room worked great...plenty of towels in our room. Good water pressure in the shower, but the head was hung too low for us tall folks. Plenty of hot water for showers and jacuzzi. It was quiet. We only heard the doors of the next room slam a time or two at night. No TV noise, talking, or other sounds were heard from other guests. The bed was ok....I've definitely slept on much worse at much better hotels. We had absolutely no problems the entire time. Everything was great or at least adequate (the beds).

We were there for 3 nights and will definitely stay here again in the future. The only thing I could think of to complain about was the desk clerk could have been friendlier when we checked in. She didn't say "Hello" or "Welcome", just a surly "Yes?" when I walked in.

1 Thank lisafbrady
We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Valley Forge Inn and for all of your positive comments about our property! I'm sorry that you weren't able to sit on your private balcony or eat our continental breakfast, but maybe next time!

We will certainly look into the height of the shower head in your bathroom; we replaced all of our showerheads with oversized/massage heads and have had very good feedback from our guests, but I will check to see if overall height has been compromised in any of our showers.

I apologize if you were not cordially greeted by our staff; I can assure you that our staff is trained to do so, and we are getting ready to have staff training for all of our employees on hospitality in a couple of weeks. I will reiterate to everyone the importance of guest relations and good hospitality.

We hope to have you as our guests again! Thank you.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Ended up staying a few weeks ago due to weather and decided on getting a King Jacuzzi with a fireplace and I just loved that room. It was spotless and comfy. The clerks at the front desk let me know if I needed anything all I had to do was give them a call. The prices are great and the people are wonderful. This is the only place I will be calling my home away from home :)

Room Tip: Make sure if you tell the desk clerks exactly what you want.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kristi Q
We're so glad that you were able to enjoy one of our jacuzzi rooms with a gas fireplace! Those room types are especially popular during the winter months, but with the nice private balconies they can also be enjoyed year-round. We're also glad that the front desk staff treated you well and were able to meet your needs. We hope you're able to stay with us again!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

We had all intentions of staying 1 night this weekend to check the place out as we had already made reservations to stay 3 nights in march. We went in and asked to see the room and to see if we could use a restroom (we had been traveling for several hours). The lady at the counter laughed and said we could see the room and use a restroom when we paid for a room. So we had to go next door to a diner to use the restroom. When we came back, we just went ahead and canceled all of our reservations. Rudest service we' ve ever had during a stay in pigeon forge.

Stayed February 2013
6 Thank Winnie H
valleyforgeinn, General Manager at Valley Forge Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
I am sorry, but we do not have a public restroom on property; nor are we in the practice of allowing people to come in off the street, tellling us they need a restroom, and then giving them a room key to answer nature's call. Our reason for this is neither to be cruel or to be rude but rather as an issue of health. If housekeeping staff is still on duty and would be able to sanitize the bathroom after its use, then it may be a possibility. If our housekeeping department is understaffed or off-duty, I do not believe that we can be expected to provide this service. There is a restaurant conveniently located next door to our office that does have a public restroom.
Our occupancy for the weekend was 100%, so we really did not have many rooms available. The clerks on duty refute this exact version of events and claim that there was no mention of a reservation or any reservation having been cancelled.
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have stayed here a few times. Staff is always nice. Rooms clean. Love the jacuzzi fireplace suite. We stayed in the honeymoon suite 300. Prices of their rooms are good we got this room for 58.99 plus tax
Its a huge room only bad thing bathroom stayed cold and the bed was hard as a rock. we had stayed in this room before but i dont remember the bed being that hard.

We went for our 23 wedding anniversary yesterday. We arrived after 1.00 and so sad to say we had an family emergency and had to leave around 7.00. Sorry to say i wasnot even offered a credit since we was only there for 6 hours.

Room Tip: Extra large 2 person Jacuzzi tubs
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Greenidoll
Thanks so much for your recent stay, and I'm so sorry that it was cut short due to a family emergency. When a room is occupied for that length of time, I'm afraid that we cannot issue a refund. The Assistant Manager did verify that he had given you a very good discount for the Honeymoon Suite (approximately $20 less than posted rate). If you all are able to come back to visit us again, however, I will make sure that your rate is adjusted to make up for this early check-out. You can contact me directly at the office or via email, and I will be happy to make it up to you!

I will also make sure that the other issues you mentioned are addressed, so that when you come back everything will hopefully be perfect! Congratulations on your 23rd Anniversary!

- Joseph Cole
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Hotel is very affordable, clean, great location, and the warmest indoor pool I have ever experienced. I would stay again just for the pool. We only live 2 1/2 hours from Pigeon Forge, and we will be staying here each time we visit the area. Loved our stay.

Room Tip: If you are a couple I would ask for a king bed, close to the indoor pool. You will love your stay. Y...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jane G
We're so glad that you all enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to maintain the cleanest rooms at the most affordable rates; we want to continue to build the type of repeat business that has sustained us for 25 years at the Valley Forge Inn! I'm glad you noticed the temperature of the indoor pool....it feels just like a nice warm bathtub, doesn't it?

We hope that you will continue to make us your motel destination in Pigeon Forge!