“Nice place, nice price”

Ranked #24 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Indianapolis
“Nice place, nice price”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We only made one mistake when booking a stay here. That was getting a room next to the pool. That's great if you want to go swimming, but not a good idea if you've been out hiking all day and want to get to sleep early. The rooms by the pool get a lot of noise until the pool closes. Other that that, it's a winner.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PastorMo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
INMAN
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here this past weekend 5-7 of April with my husband and three year old son. We had a great trip! This hotel had everything I was looking for but lacked in my opinion three ways. First, when we checked in the lady at the front dest was very nice and helpful, we went to our room everything was clean and smelled like it had just been cleaned I liked that but when siting on the beds one was very soft and the other was very hard so I didn't like that one was like bricks but my three year old didn't mind sleeping on it. Second thing was the pool and small area around the pool was super crowded with big kids so my son was unable to use the pool in fear he would get hurt but the hotel could do nothing about that so it's not their fault just thought I would put that out there so people would be aware of it. And last was the breakfast was not good at all I'm not one to complain but I think they could at least keep it stocked its free so not much to complain about but spend your money and get breakfast else where. Other than those small details it was great I would most certainly stay here again it was great for the value and now I know just to skip breakfast next stay! Thanks valley forge inn for the stay see you this summer!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank BrookeMoney
valleyforgeinn, General Manager at Valley Forge Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you so much for your stay with us and for taking the time to share your opinion of our property! We will choose to look at those three complaints as an opportunity to improve on our service! We do have another shipment of new bedding ordered, as we do twice a year, so hopefully that will alleviate in beds that are too hard; we do try to keep an assortment of different bedding on hand, because there are such varying opinions from guests about a bed being too hard or too soft. We are always more than happy to allow guests to sample beds in different rooms or to replace the beds in their current room. The issue of overcrowding at the indoor pool atrium is something that we only see during the few months that the outdoor pool is closed; now that all of the pools are opened there isn't an issue with overcrowding. We do have a closed-circuit camera at the indoor pool to discourage rough-housing or dangerous activity, because we certainly want to keep all of our children safe. In regards to our free continental breakfast, we are going to make more changes to try to meet our guests' requests; we currently offer 4 cereals, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, milk, tea, assorted mini donuts, assorted mini muffins, bagels, honey buns, toast/jelly, instant grits, instant oatmeal, toaster waffles, fruit. Most guests are wanting more hot breakfast variety, so we are working with our supplier for more options. The toaster waffles have only been provided for a couple of weeks but seem to be pretty popular with our guests. We will do everything in our power to earn you business and hope you'll stay with us again!
Morehead, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The hotel was pretty good for the price. Just like the old adage, you get what you pay for. We booked this hotel the day before our trip. If you are going to stay here make sure you book this room through their website, and don't call to make the reservations. We saved $20 a night by doing this. Also, the pool is smaller but packed with little kids (as to be expected). The room was clean and nice. The things that keep this hotel from being a 4 or or 5 rating was the breakfast (understocked and not enough selection), the bed (very springy and uncomfortable), and the wireless Internet connection (terrible and slow). If it weren't for these 3 things, this hotel would have been excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms that aren't near the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Volleyballa
We appreciate your stay with us and value your opinion! I do wish we could have done more to make your stay more enjoyable. We do strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable (mid-range) price.

I would like to address the three main issues of concern that you mentioned. We are in the process of ordering another shipment of new bedding, so perhaps that issue will be better next time. Our wireless internet has been professionally tested, and we are considering making our connection private again (with password protection) to prevent use by non-guests. Finally, we have added some new hot items to our continental breakfast to add more variety.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge!
Dunlap, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed in one of the Townhouse's and it was great. I had stayed here a year prior to this visit and knew that I would be coming back. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. It was a rainy weekend, so the indoor pool was packed. Wish it could have been a little bigger or less crowded. Also, there were only stairs near our 4th floor room. The ice/vending machines were only located on the 3rd floor. This is a great place to stay, but will think before getting a room on the 4th floor again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea K
Thank you so much for your return visit to the Valley Forge Inn! We're glad you were able to stay in one of our townhouse rooms; they offer such a unique lay-out and are perfect for families! I am sorry that the indoor pool was too crowded for you to be able to enjoy, but now that the heated outdoor pool and kiddie pool are open there aren't any issues with overcrowding. We do have two elevators at the property (one in each corner), but I can see where requesting a townhouse close to the elevator could be a benefit next time. I hope you'll come back to see us again the next time you are in Pigeon Forge!
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night after visiting dollywood based on the reviews and I have to say the reviews didn't lie! We got a king room on ground floor and the room was huge! Very clean which is a plus for me because I am an ocd neat freak. My 3 yr old had plenty of room to play monster trucks and my husband enjoyed a night in. Hotel is close to everything and staff was friendly! Would definitely come back and the price is right!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Spain05
Thank you so much for your stay with us and for your kind review of our property! We're glad that you all were able to recuperate after a day at Dollywood and enjoy our convenient location on the Parkway. Perhaps next time you'll be able to stay with us a little longer! :)
Ringgold, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We just got back from Valley Forge and it was another great stay. The room could use a little update in a few places like new caulk but it was extremely clean. This is our 4th stay and we won't go anywhere else. We were told that we would get the Facebook discount but it wasn't noted so the lady didn't give it to us. However the room was still affordable. We had some friends come up and they gave them the room beside us which was awesome.

We will be back :)

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank MrsStout
valleyforgeinn, General Manager at Valley Forge Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Thanks so much for your fourth stay with us! We're glad that it worked out for your friends to have an adjacent room to yours.

Maintenance has been busy this off-season with painting, replacing carpet and laying tile, but we will certainly address the caulking issue that you mentioned.

I'm sorry that your discount wasn't applied, and I promise that we'll make it up to you on your next visit! Clerks have authorization to issue every discount except the Facebook discount; that discount is given solely by management, as I am the only one with access to our Facebook account. Unlike all of our other discounts, the Facebook discount is a fluid discount and is prone to more restrictions. When eligible, it is best to contact me directly after making a reservation to see that the discount is properly applied. Sorry again for the mix-up!

-Joseph
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Most places on the Strip drop their prices only after losing good management or great housekeepers. This place still has both and a fair price all in one. I have been coming to PF since the days of everyone wondering why in the world would the city build a four lane road. I have priced, stayed, looked at, and spoke with other travellers [before the days of TripAdvisor] and I can pretty much tell you that for the money there is NO other place that I would stay at.

Save even more money and get a kitchenette [Food City or Kroger is right down the road] even if it's just breakfast groceries. The breakfast options in PF are terrible, pricey, line-waiting attractions serving buffet style food at premium prices. Save that money and try dinner at The Old Mill. And look out your back winder; that's the bypass road; use it when you can. And have a great time in Pigeon Forge!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the office, and the Parkway, are noisier. The fartherest away from the road and highe...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thanks so much for your kind review of the Valley Forge Inn! It is obvious that you are a seasoned traveler and have had a lot of experiences in Pigeon Forge. There certainly have been a lot of changes in Pigeon Forge, since my grandparents built and operated one of the city's first motels, the River Breeze. I still believe the requirements to succeed in business are the same, though: affordable rates, clean and up to date rooms, friendly staff, and treat people fairly (the way you would want to be treated).

We recognize that the list of options for lodging accommodations grows every year, and that's why we appreciate even more repeat customers like yourself. Thank you!