“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Portland
Swartz Creek, Michigan
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This Comfort Suites is very nice. The staff at the desk were friendly. Breakfast is the usual for this hotel chain, clean eating area. Pool was nice. We were given 10% off at Brewsters bar and grill which is in the same building. Food was good, we had frog legs and catfish. Our room had a sofa pullout bed but no linens in the room so if you book that and plan on using it, ask when you check in because we didn't realize until late in evening and no extra pillows were available. This place fills up quickly, seems like a lot of conferences may use it, so book ahead if you plan on going. Also there really isn't anything near this hotel as far as shopping or other restaurants but it is just off the highway easy to get to.

Room Tip: Use Choicehotels.com to book and use a discount offer on the website.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calhoun Ga
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I travel a lot. I do not normally 'review' the hotels where I stay, be they work-related or personal. But I feel compelled to provide a brief review of this hotel. Every part of my experience was excellent. The staff was courteous and responsive. The facilities were beyond adequate. The over-all impression is that of a very professionally and organized operation. No frills, but for the costs beyond expectation. Good job.

• Stayed May 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for several years. The rooms are super clean....Also the beds are very comfortable. They fill up fast on the weekends so I always make my reservations very early in my travel schedule. The food next door at Brewsters is awesome, but dont go there if your on a diet.. ;). They have great pizza and Sandwiches, especially the Burgers. Try their Catfish Nuggets also.
The location of this hotel is great for Nashville as well as visiting various areas in Kentucky.
I wil be staying at this hotel as long as my travels take me through this area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Racine, Wi
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I can't say enough nice things about this hotel!

I found it quite by accident, literally. I was on my was to Florida when my transmission blew out on I65, in the pouring rain. After a few minutes of panicking and some hysterical phone calls to friends and family back home, I got off at the next exit and pulled into the first hotel I found, which was this one.

The front desk staff was extremely nice and even gave me the name and address of a local mechanic. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was hearty and delicious. The next morning I checked out and took my car to the mechanic. Unfortunately is was going to take a few days of work on my car, I called and told them I needed to check back in for a few days and they offered to send someone to pick me up at the mechanic and give me a ride!! Talk about service.

They were pretty booked, so I was stuck with and handicapped accessible. Not that big of a deal, though I prefer baths to showers and the accessible room had no tub. Again, room clean and comfortable. When my car was ready, they even provided me a ride to get my car! The front desk staff as well as the restaurant staff was so sweet and accommodating.

Of all the places I could've been stranded, this one was a lucky find. Thank you to the all staff, and in particular Rochelle, for making what could've been a stressful situation much better then it could've been.

I stopped back in on my way back from Florida and received the same amazing service as well.

Room Tip: Try the pizza
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank VonClimax
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel many times over the past year. The rooms are clean, the front desk clerks are always very helpful when you need anything and it is a very convenient place to stay with the restaurant in the same building. I once lost my wedding ring somehow in my room overnight and it was found by the cleaning staff and returned to me! That is amazing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Berkeley, IL
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Randomly stopped while driving home from cruise. Great spacious handicap room! Nicer than the Hilton we were vacationing at.
Comfy queen beds, choice of hard or soft pillows - $85.
Front desk clerk happy friendly, very welcoming.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Charleston, WV
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This is a typical chain hotel with some features that boost it up above average. The price is lower than usual for a large comfortable suite. The front desk clerk was cheerful, efficient and helpful. The bed was superb, with a firm mattress under a comfy pillow top. Everything was clean and well kept though the bathroom is showing some wear. Average to good breakfast. The attached restaurant delivered to my room though the food was mediocre at best. I'd stay here again but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Holiday Inn Express White House
La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville
Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North
Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North
#4 of 17 in Goodlettsville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!