“Cheap & Cheerful! A+”

Deerfield Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Portland
“Cheap & Cheerful! A+”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

While about 3 or 4 miles from the exit it is worth the drive. The first hotel I stopped at was full and the desk attendant recommended the Deerfield Inn. I was pleased with the $72 price after taxes for a king sized bed & nonsmoking room. The room was clean and well maintained. It had fresh clean towels and bed linens. The walls are a little thin but the Inn was quiet by 9:30 p.m. even though it was almost fully booked. The staff was nice and respectful. They also serve coffee, cereal, milk, and orange juice for a light breakfast. Breakfast is included in the room cost. I saw no bugs, dirt, or stains in my room. I stayed in room 208 and would be happy to stay there again while traveling. Also, there are many dining options close by for dinner. If you want groceries a Food Lion grocery store is very close by.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ChellDecker

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Simply put, unless you book direct with them, you are treated like a second rate citizen. I booked this through expedia while driving and was not capable to get anything but a verbal confirmation number. (no fault of Expedia) I arrived at 9:00 pm. and upon checking in, I asked for confirmation of rate. They said as I check out the next morning, it would show up on my receipt, they were not sure what my rate was. I insisted that we establish a rate before I checked in, and the manager reluctantly said he would call and confirm. In the meantime, I went outside and made a call to Expedia, and they confirmed what my nightly rate was. I went in and although the manager was still on the phone, I advised him I would take the room.

On check out the next morning, they cited that they would not issue me a receipt, and directed me to call Expedia to get a receipt.........somewhat of a inconvenience! Expedia cited that a few hotels have real heartburn with travelers using Expedia or other hotel search engines to book rooms, and will give the customers a rough way to go. This was one of them! There were only three vehicles on my side of the hotel that evening, clearly nowhere close to capacity. They can ill afford to treat customers this way.

As for the room, I did find it to be clean, comfortable, and quiet. I can't recommend this hotel. They were a major inconvenience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bartman54

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

They must have changed since the last 2 reviews. We had a nice clean room with what appeared to be new bedspreads and clean bedding. It's not plush, but served the purpose of getting us off the road for the night. The parking lot is very small which made it difficult to park our box truck, but again, I have no complaints and I'm a former front office manager at a Hilton property so I'm picky!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Brewcityfamily
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We payed for a room went in and while my wife was washing her face I pulled the sheets back and there were stains and cigarette burns in the sheets. We packed up and went back to the front desk. He charged us $10 for using the water. Do not waste your time or money. You'd be much more safe and comfortable in your car.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank BJFaro
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed for one night only, that's all I could take for this place...... Never again going back........... Could not sleep comfortably, I was itching all night.. They should wash the bed sheets and covers once in a while..... I didn't use the bed sheets and covers while sleeping.. One more thing, the towels felt hard and had a smell like it's been sitting there for more than two months just collecting dust...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank monay10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Comfort Suites
#1 of 5 in White House
Days Inn Franklin
Days Inn Franklin
#6 of 10 in Franklin

Been to Deerfield Inn? Share your experiences!