“Clean and good for overnight stay.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Powell
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean and good for overnight stay.”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Hotel was clean, but recent renovation was not inclusive enough. Tub was cracked and looked undesirable. It was a jacuzzi room, and my son tried it out. It worked but very old and falling apart. Room was clean, staff was fine. Overall, we felt like it was a good overnight hotel. Common areas of hotel were newer and in good shape.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I travel quite a bit and have made HEI my hotel of choice both for business and for pleasure, but this property is obviously a conversion and was also a huge dissapointment. My cheif complaint is that the frond desk staff was more interested in either saying nothing at all to talking on their cell phones with their friends, the breakfast hostess also never said a word to anyone and was quit the "crank"! This property needs to re-think who they hire, especially the ones who are directly in front of the public. Another issue was that in my paricular room (# 216) the AC unit was lacking, I had it set at 64 and is was barely enough to keep one comfortable (outside temp was around 80, then down to the upper 50's in the AM). The carpet, I am not sure if it has ever been cleaned.

The room rate of $ 91.00+ was about $ 40.00 more dollars than what I feel that it was worth. Overall, I was very dissapointed and will not be staying at this property again and it to me it has put a black eye on HEI.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the other hotels if you are looking at staying in Powell, Tennessee
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Brett S
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Bretts513,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville North. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Not unlike a previous reviewer, things got off to a very bad start with the poor attitude at the front desk.

Upon check-in at about 6 p.m. We waited awhile for someone to show at the front desk.

Once she appeared I told her I had a reservation. While she was looking up my reservation the only words uttered were "I need a form of payment"

No hello, welcome, how are you.... nothing but bad attitude and poor customer service.

His was repeated when I called back to the front desk to request help with a faulty Internet connection.

Again, same bad attitude and the same poor service.

The rest of the hotel was what one would expect at a Holiday Inn Express. However, the bad attitude of the front desk employee will ensure this will be our one and only stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Staff61
Ellsworth
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Our tour group stayed there two nights October 23 and October 24, 2011. Our shoes stuck to the bathroom floor, very nasty. My husband and I stay quite often at Holiday Inns and is always really good but this place was awful. Several people in our group complained about how dirty it was.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Indiana
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed there on November 6th and also earlier last summer.
We are Priority Club members and were surprised to be told by the manager that the hotel felt they did not need to offer extra perks to Priority Club members. ( He seemed annoyed that we mentioned to him that other Holiday Inn Express properties we stayed in were much more friendly and service focused, gave us bottled water, freshly baked cookies or a candy treat and seemed to care more about guest satisfaction. Other than that the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was fairly good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelingtheglobe
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Courteous, friendly greeting at front desk. Very helpful with suggestions about restaurants. Room was spacious, very clean, updated, and in excellent shape. Bed very comfortable. All in all, a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Stopped for the night, young lady at the desk was annoyed whne I asked if they had a Military Discount. I am retired USAF and my Wife Active Duty. The young lady said no, I said wow, I guess we don't count any more, and she glared at me. I asked about AARP, NO!, AAA, NO! Should have known then, but was tired nad said ok. I asked if she would look up my Priority Rewards Club Info, and she said ,NO! It's on another computer! She asked for an ID. I gave my Retired Military ID. Annoyed again, she said, "One with an address"!. I treid to explaine dmy Drivers Lisence did not have my current address on it and said I would give her the address. She ignored me and put down the address on the Texas Drivers Lisence. We just PCS'ed to Ohio and live ther now but she did not care. I have had it with Holiday inn Express, it's too hard to deak with these people! The room was overpriced, hardly anyone there, room to small, no fridge, bed was old and lumpy, Bad Night!

Room Tip: Don't stay here the rooms are too small!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
Best Western Knoxville Suites
MainStay Suites Knoxville
MainStay Suites Knoxville
#30 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112? Share your experiences!