“Clean, Comfortable, and Cozy!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Powell
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We made a last minute reservation through Hotwire (which I am very skeptical about) last weekend. We arrived late Friday night, and received two King rooms instead of two double rooms. The front desk was very nice and accommodating with fixing the issue. We walked into the rooms, very tired and wore out from the ride, to the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel! Everything was immaculate and nice. I was very pleased with everything there, from the rooms, to the girl working the breakfast in the morning. Everyone said Hi and was pleasant. I would recommend this chain, and this Holiday Inn Express especially! The bathrooms do tend to get a bit steamy, but that is not a big problem at all, the cleanliness makes up for it, plus more! And for the guest under my comment, Mrs. Liane, if you book online, it is through a third party most of the time hotwire, expedia, etc. They may have rooms for the property that the front desk may not have access to, I am sure they were not discriminating to you in any sense :) I work for reservations in another state, but I understand that you do not know that information as I did not before I worked in reservations. I give this place two thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Called to place a reservation for a same evening room and was told by the staff they were sold out. Picked up my phone and booked online and walked in15 minutes later, told the front desk I had a reservation and was given my room key. Go figure! Do not know if they did not want to mess with a phone reservation or what. Mystery to us.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Liane A
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Powell (Knoxville North), TN in late July. We actually booked it through Hotwire and got a great deal. We were quite impressed with this hotel. There seem to be renovations going on, but the place is well kept and clean. Our room was also very clean and nice.

The only con, like others have mentioned, was that there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Overall, that's not a deal breaker for us, but it would have been nice not to have fogged over mirrors after a shower.

Breakfast was decent. Nothing to write home about, but it was included and was fine.

We stayed there on a Friday evening and asked our desk attendant about the restaurant across the street. She told us that it was Aubrey's and recommended it. She was very kind and helpful. And, Aubrey's was great!

For what we paid to stay there, we were quite impressed. It's not the fanciest place around, but it's a nice clean place to stay. The beds were comfortable and nice. Couldn't have asked for more for our one night stay in TN.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed one Saturday night in July while traveling through the area. Second everyone's thoughts - clean, reasonable rate ($113/night, incl. taxes, for a king bed), etc. Bed was very, very comfortable - seemed like a new mattress. Only room drawback was the old fashioned room AC, with a switch on the window unit for high or low cool or off - no thermostat control. Other than that, a perfect place for an overnight stay.

Good dinner restaurant within walking distance - right across the street. Aubrey's - serves a great selection of beers & wines, and a mixture of 'all occasion' foods.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here one night in July, 2013 for an overnight trip to Knoxville for family business. It was clean, looked well kept and check in was quick.

Breakfast had hot items, such as sausage, biscuit, bagels etc and was well staffed.

They have a poll outside which we did not use but looked clean.

Would definitely stay again if we needed to stay on that side of town again.

Several restaurants close by as well as this Hotel is right off of the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was a great hotel...clean, friendly staff, great bed and had a variety of breakfast items. The lobby is currently being remodeled but it wasn't too bad to deal with. The room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. Will keep in mind if we are up that way on vacation again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean and affordable. It is not a luxury hotel, but our room was very neat, with new looking bed coverlets, etc. The bathroom was very clean, with one major flaw. There is no vent and after a short shower, everything in the bathroom is wet. There is a small pool across the parking lot that could use an umbrella or two for shade, but other than that...very sufficient. We did not eat their breakfast, but it looked like they had a few nice choices. There is a McDonalds in walking distance, as well as a CVS. There is a grocery store across the street, very convenient if you need to stock up on anything. We found the staff to be very courteous and friendly. We would certainly consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
#30 of 87 in Knoxville
3 mi away
Best Western Knoxville Suites
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112? Share your experiences!