“The "Super" in Super 8!”

Super 8 Knoxville North/Powell
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Powell
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Good rate through Priceline ($59.99),

Very friendly and personable staff: I was greeted before I even entered the lobby.The general manager, Amanda, was very accommodating and informed me that renovations were being made and warned me that the bed spreads may be a little stiff because they are new. I couldn't complain about that. In comparison to the other Super 8 where I stayed the previous night in Knoxville and the Comfort Inn I stayed in Lebanon the night before that, I felt more welcomed.

The Room: Very clean, smelled clean and the room temp was nice and cool for a summer day. The TV was an older model RCA tube instead of a flat screen and the bathroom was a little cramped, but it was refreshing to see a Bible in the nightstand. The room also had a safe. Overall, the room is perfect for a guest who plans to stay one or two nights. If I had any suggestions on making this room better, a microwave and a mini-fridge would be nice.

Free internet is a plus and there is a computer in the lobby for guests as well.

When I return to Powell, TN in another 2 weeks, I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 July 2014

we went for a family weekend getaway and the room smelled and was not clean , the front desk person was very rude and not accommadating we booked a connecting room and was told they had none ,also was told each room had refrig and microwave not true housekeeping sucked . I would never stay in this hotel again this super8 gives all super8 a bad name would never stay at a super 8 again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Amanda A, General Manager at Super 8 Knoxville North/Powell, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Mrs. Brenda I would like to tell you how very sorry we are at Super 8 that your stay did not meet expectations of you our valued guest. I would like to let you are valued guest know we have look at all rooms on property and are fixing the problems. We are under new ownership and I am the new General Manager and would love for you to come see the improvements we are and will be making. Its always with a heavy heart when I read a review that's not pleased with there stay, here at the Super 8 in Powell the staff and myself number one goal is customer service please feel free to contact me. I hope to see you again at Super 8 soon.

Amanda

Reviewed 15 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

friendly staff. it was a little out dated but was quite, clean and the AC worked. cant not say the same for the super 8 we stayed in on the way to florida. the AC did not work was 90 in the room. room wasnt clean alarm clock radio dint work and there was this piture handing on the wall not flat but angled outward so you could see behind it and it was bare wires behind it where the tv pluged into the wall outlet. so the super 8 in knoxville was great compaired to Super 8 Valdosta Mall
1389 N St. Augustine Rd
Valdosta, GA 31602 room 113 will never never ever stay there again...and by the way they didnt send me this invite to rate my stay there wonder why...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Do Not Display ... B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good experience for an older property. Clean, quiet, and comfortable. Would stay again when in area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
Best Western Knoxville Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75

Been to Super 8 Knoxville North/Powell? Share your experiences!