“Would stop here again probably”

Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Powell
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 January 2012

You'll read my review further down from Mar 2011. I think it's gone downhill a little since then. The elevator and common stainless steel areas were filthy. We stayed on the first floor that time, so I didn't see how bad those areas were. Our room was clean and average size. Bathroom was clean. Breakfast area clean and kept up well. Breakfast was great, 2 waffle makers, with blueberry and regular waffle batter. Nice juices, coffees, hot chocolate, etc. Adding yogurt to their menu would be an improvement. The pillows are about 1/2 size - what's with that?, and the towels are typically rough. For the price, we'd probably stay there again. When i made the reservation I asked for a quiet room on the floor with no smoking, no pets. They put us next to the elevator. The front clerk was helpful and did move us upon request, so that solved the problem. We were on the 2nd floor, about half way down and it was quiet. Beds were average, a little on the hard side. Most of my family said they didn't sleep well that night though (hard beds maybe?).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
comfortinnpowell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. I see you travel quite a bit and we appreciate you for choosing our hotel again. Our beds and bedding get many compliments on a daily basis for their comfort so it is disappointing we did not meet your expectation. The next time you are in the area, please let us know and we'll place an extra-plush pillow top mattress pad on your bed to make it more to your liking.

Thank you for your kind comments on the cleanliness and quality of our rooms and breakfast area. We always strive for excellence and I will pass this feedback on to our employees.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 December 2011

I travel for business and I stay here every time I am in the Knoxville area. Cathy is the best! Had to check out early on one trip because my mother had been hospitalized. A few days later I received a card from Cathy. This is Ritz like customer service. Don't hesitate to stay here, you won't be disapointed!

• Stayed: December 2011
comfortinnpowell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

We just wanted to say thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. Guest feedback is a vital part of our success as we continue to strive to be a leader in both services and facilities. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Our stay was very comfortable and the hotel staff were very accommodating for our large party of people.

• Stayed: November 2011
comfortinnpowell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your visit with us. It is so nice to hear you and your group had a good time during your trip. Please let us know if you are in the Knoxville area again...we would LOVE to have you stay with us!

Have a great day!!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed here on night on our trip from St. Louis to Myrtle Beach. Made the reservations on Hotel.com and arrived late (after midnight). The guy at the front desk greated us by name, and we were very pleased by a clean modern room, I thought the bed was fine, but my wife found it a little too hard. The room was quiet the next morning we were treated to an excellent breakfast (Waffles, cereals, breads, rolls, juice, fruit and great coffee) Judging by the breakfast this is a hotel popular for families. This location in suburban about 8 miles off the main highway, but very easy to find, and a nice quiet safe location. Should my travels take me this way again I would definitlely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
comfortinnpowell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

We really do appreciate you taking the time to submit a comment about your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn North Knoxville

It is so GREAT when we hear about our guest's stay and that is was enjoyable. Please keep us in mind if you are in the Knoxville area ...we would love to have you as our guest's again.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed one night on my way home. Hotel is very clean, quiet, comfortable. Internet worked well. Had a king bed, flat screen TV, Microwave and frig. Breakfast in the morning was great and I was on my way, well rested and prepared for the drive ahead.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is the 1st Comfort inn we ever stayed at and were leary. WE usually stay at more upscale hotels. Stayed here with a sports team. Very surprise!. Clean, comfortable rooms, new, spacious, very comfortable bed, minimal noise. Desk clerks very nice and friendly, helpful. Would stay here again next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Just stayed on a recent trip with our baseball team. Hotel was new and the beds were comfy. The kids enjoyed the pool. The only thing that wasn't excellent was waiting on the employee to come in from outside to check us in. She had been either smoking or on a cell phone, not sure which. Other than that our stay was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
3 mi away
3 mi away
Best Western Knoxville Suites
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, TN
Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton

Been to Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North? Share your experiences!