La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Powell
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Just OK”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My Wife and I stayed here on our way home from Florida. Although they were "pet friendly", all pet rooms are on the third floor. That's probably OK if you have a small dog that you can carry in the elevator. My Bulldog is a little afraid on the movement in the elevator so we did the stairs (3 Flights) in order to take him out each time. There was also very little grassy areas to walk. The hotel and room was average at best. Its pretty outdated. The charge a pet fee also. The hotel lobby and the room was clean. Overall I felt like they were doing me a favor allowing me to stay with my dog. I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
cispowell, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We very much appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of the room and lobby. In short order we will be undergoing a renovation and that should alleviate any appearance of public areas and rooms being outdated. Admittedly all of our pet friendly rooms are currently on the third floor. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thanks again for staying- and for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Galloway, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We always try to stay at Country Inns, and stopped here for the night. We didn't have a reservation, but my husband had called to check availability and get a quote. Upon checking in, we were quoted a lower price, which was good. Our room was okay, bathroom fixtures were really old and dated, and fixtures in the bathroom were very loose. Work table in the room was very wobbly and unstable. We didn't use the pool, but the area looked very nice and water was warm. Breakfast area was very small and cramped, had the usual fare. One thing I noticed is all Country Inns we stay at wear a uniform, the lady that checked us in and the man that checked us out, were only wearing plain brown shirts with no name tags, it didn't look very professional.

Room Tip: Ok for a stopover
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We will soon be undergoing a renovation and the bathroom fixtures will be replaced. We appreciate you pointing out the absence of name tags at the front desk. We will address that are of concern, too. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you again.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night while heading north to Ontario. It is Just north of Knoxville. Very easy to access I75. Here are the details Clean, two queen beds (hard to find. Usually 2 doubles) , cold fridge, very fast wifi, flat screen tvs, comfortable beds and hot breakfast $90 with CAA discount. No road noise either. The beds are nice and firm. I recommend this spot after a long 12 hour drive from Orlando. Staff is helpful and polite.( Cole ) my wife and kids can be a bit picky but they liked this hotel. Thanks for the rest. ....................

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Haliburton, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed here several times. The overall experience has been very consistent - not outstanding but very good value. I find it to be one of the best compromises between cost, service, comfort and cleanliness.

The bed was very comfortable. There were no excessive noises to interrupt sleep. The room is reasonably well appointed and equipped - King size bed, small fridge, free WiFi, side chairs, good flat screen tv. The room was clean and had no unpleasant chemical smells that are present at some other places.

One small problem - the toilet didn't flush properly. Not a big problem but enough to be a bit of an annoyance. The shower was good.

Service at the desk was reasonable, although not outstanding. The provided breakfast was average for such places - some hot items and the usual variety of fruit, cereals, bread products, coffee and juices. Just OK.

The hotel is nicely away from i75 so road noise was non existent. The place is nicely situated across the street from a nice restaurant which is very handy for the traveller who just wants to arrive, eat and hit the sack.

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bloomfield Hills
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stopped here on my way south on I-75. It was a last minute choice because of poor weather. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast we fine; it was the typical free hot breakfast and there was plenty. We had a handicap accessible room and the bathroom was very roomy. I like the sink outside the bathroom so the other person could use it while the bath/shower was occupied.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Mt. Zion
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Over all the hotel is very nice except their cleaning needs a wake up call. We have been here for a week and not once did our room get cleaned. Our beds were never made, our toilet paper and cups were never refilled and towns were just sat on the back of the toilet.

• Stayed December 2013
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was on a bus tour to Myrtle each and this was an over night stay going and coming back. The facilities were adequate, clean and a decent breakfast in the morning. Things were taken care of by the tour company we were traveling with so we did not have much input into what we wanted in a room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
MainStay Suites Knoxville
MainStay Suites Knoxville
#30 of 86 in Knoxville
Best Western Knoxville Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75? Share your experiences!