“I love Lulu's!”

Dining options: Reservations
di_02
“I love Lulu's!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

My all time favorite resturaunt for lunch! Any time my mom, mil, or girlfriends come in from out of town, its a must! The food is delicious, the service is outstanding, and the old victorian house with charming decor tops it off perfectly! My favorite menu choice is the spinach & cheese quiche, tomato dill soup... and the sweet bread is to die for! But theres no bad choices! Highly recommend... you wont be sorry!

2 Thank di_02

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“NOT a tea room.”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My mother wanted to treat me to some place special so she made reservations at Lulu's Tea Room approximately 28 hours prior to reservation, early December. A "High Tea" was ordered for two. The next day we arrived and since there was no parking, I dropped off my mom at the steps & parked off road in the only available area which was muddy . I walked into the cafe and the back of my coat was caught by a humongous wreath at least 6" deep placed on the door. There was little space to enter through this doorway with the wreath in place. My mom came to my aid and unleashed me from the wreath. A server came and we were seated promptly but I was taken aback by her attire: a short, tight, leather skirt and black tank top with a "Mrs. Claus" apron, hat, headdress and shoe covers. Once seated, our waitress came and brought small teapots with hot water, teacups and saucers and a choice of tea were left on the table. Upon inspection of tea options, there weren't many. My mother and I chose something and then the waitress whisked the basket away. We made our tea and started talking. Other patrons arrived and were seated. We waited for our order. Other patrons placed their orders. And we waited for our order. Other patrons received their orders. And we still waited for our order. I flagged down a waitress and asked about our order. She said she'd check. The "Mrs. Claus" lady came and said the scones were still baking (huh?) but should be done shortly. We said OK and went back to talking. About 10 minutes later, I flagged down our waitress and asked if something from our order could be brought since my mother and I needed to eat! The "Mrs. Claus" lady came back and spoke with us, evidently she is the manager. She said they were bringing things out and I replied that our tea was now cold, we needed replacements. She was nippy with me and her tone was scolding!!! They removed our teapots, teacups and tea. We were quite upset and just wanted to leave. Within a few minutes our order came: top level had large chocolate chip scones, middle level had sliced fruit with the rind and bottom level had one egg salad and one chicken salad sandwiches cut in fourths. NOW, we finally had food and no tea. I had to ask again to get our tea. They quickly brought a much larger teapot with less than half of it having just lukewarm water. They also brought two fresh teacups and saucers and left the tea basket this time. From the time we were seated until the time we had everything to eat 45 minutes had transpired!!! The egg salad and chicken salad were on plain brown bread. Any grocery deli has much better sandwich fixings. The fruit with rind was ok but awkward to eat with the rind. The freshly baked scones which held up the entire meal were hot and tasty at first but had a bitter aftertaste, my mom said from too much baking soda. We couldn't wait to just leave. We got our check and my mom paid the “Mrs. Claus” lady. There was no apology or attempt to rectify the situation or regain our goodwill as customers. After much thought, I realize that the locals must patronize this cafe for regular fare, not for a "High Tea " experience. It was such a comedy of errors that it would be hilarious if seen in a sitcom on TV. Good luck if you attempt a visit. I would NOT recommend ordering the High Tea.

• Visited December 2013
7 Thank Cindy M
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The food was not worth the hour and a half we waited for it!”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Six of us went to Lulu's for the first time on December 23rd. We had a reservation and they also had several parties going on. We waited an hour and a half for our food! And when the food finally arrived, my order wasn't right...not once, but twice! When they finally got my order correct the food was only average. When I gave this feedback to the owner, she stated that she was aware of the slow service and attributed it to the day being busy and the fact that they "had 20 cakes to make for Christmas". She encouraged us to return on a day that wasn't so close to the holidays. I will not be returning to Lulu's.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank knoxslp
Tennessee
“Bridal Shower”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This a great place to have a Bridal Shower. We had a private room upstairs called the Elvis Room. This was my first visit to Lulu's and it won't be the last. The food was delicious. I had the chicken quiche with fresh fruit and a salad. All of it was great. Deanna was great to work with I ordered a cake for the shower. It was the Elvis Cake. The best cake that I've ever had. Banana cake with chocolate icing and peanut butter. She was nice to give me the recipe. I recommend Lulu's for a get together with family or friends.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank goVolsTennessee
knoxville tennessee
“Great lunch spot!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I live in Knoxville and my mother-in-law lives in Clinton, so we often meet at Lulu's for lunch. It's a real treat for me to eat here. The cute little house where it's located, the delicious soup, quiches and sandwiches and the wonderful desserts(try the blackberry cake) keep me coming back!