“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thomas House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Boiling Springs
Thomas House
Big Sandy, TN
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

For anyone that loves history, museums and the ability to actually stay in a historic place, then this is a wonderful adventure...the ability to "travel" to the past. Each room is a bit different, with "themes." Each one has a totally unique Victorian decor to it. You are able to "visit" all of the rooms to see what they are like, as long as the door is open. Even when guests are there, they will many times, leave their door open to let you see what that room is like. There are so many antique pieces of furniture just lining the hallways, that it is an anventure just to see it all.
A supper meal and a full breakfast, is served, and at that time, one can chat with others as it is a buffet style meal. I found the people that were there to be very friendly. I was able to learn the history of the place, as well as the paranormal occurences. (We were also given snacks on the "ghost hunt" night.
Now, IF you are not there for the paranormal, don't let that frighten you away. This place is just something to see on its own! Nothing that might be there is going to hurt you! You just might hear a few sounds in the night...but that could simply be another guest. In other words, don't let anything scare you away from the experience of staying at this historic hotel.
I have only been there once, but I have another night booked that is coming up, and plan on staying 2 more times, in Oct. with friends. I would recommend this place to anyone.
IF you think you MUST have a TV, then be sure to ask for the suite, that has the king sized bed. There is only the one room with a TV, but there is a lounge that has a TV on the 2nd foor.
I think the rates are GREAT for what you get! No, there is no pool, no fitness room, but when a person is there for the "step back in time" then there is no need for that stuff.
I took my grandson with me (age 16) and he absolutely had a great time. Little children might become bored, with the lack of things for small children to do.
One has to realize that you are either there for the atmosphere, or the paranormal. To think that you can go on a night, (IF you have your own equipment) and get what all you get...a room...2 great meals...and the ability to roam the place all night...goodness...entertainment galore! What deal!!!!

Room Tip: I would not choose a single-bed room. (As in one double bed.) The 2-bed, rooms are SO much larger...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Diana R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have stayed at the Thomas House several times and enjoyed every visit. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated in antiques, and comfortable. I I loved exploring the building and hearing the stories from the innkeepers who live in the building. The meals are southern specialties, served buffet style, with a very friendly staff. Its a wonderful get-a-way from the hustle and bustle of modern life to a quieter, gentler time and place.

Room Tip: some rooms have tubs, some just with showers.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 655leora_s
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I have stayed at the hotel many of times. The family is alway charming and love to tell the history of the Thomas House.
My rooms have always been clean and the has been great!

The ghosts of the hotel always seem to be out day and night. I've heard foot steps running down the hall way when there is no there and someone whistling down the white hall way. One top of that I have heard Sarah say "come play with me."

In all this is a great place to stay and investigate the paranormal.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Prettypoe
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Just home from my second visit to the The Thomas House and Ghost Hunt Weekends. My first visit was in April 2012 and enjoyed every minute of it with a group of friends. After sharing how great our experience was my daughter, she wanted to go also! The Thomas House is like stepping back in time with quilted bedspreads and lace. The owners are nothing less than fantastic and very open about their experiences and made the hotel open to wander and explore. Another feature that I need to mention is that you will not go hungry here...fantastic southern food! The atmosphere is one of a family working together to ensure they deliver a great time to their guests. Ghost Hunt Weekends, I don't know where to begin. Everything I read was right on with my experiences.Chad Morin shares information and previous pictures etc to help prepare you for the evening. He does a fantastic job of educating and leading the hunt in such a way that is not too much to handle as a novice. I will have to admit though, I am always a bit scared to wander around the hotel alone, especially to go back to my room to sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela M
Reviewed 17 July 2012

While the city may be lacking, if you are looking to truly get away and soak in history, this is the place to be. The food is great! The rooms stay cool, the owners are laid back and it stays quiet. Oh did i mention its haunted. Open your mind and try it out!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Xawakenerx
Franklin, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 July 2012

It was a nice place. We went there for Ghost hunt weekends. Place seemed clean to me and the staff was really nice. Its kind of in the middle of no where but that just adds to its charm i think. There were a few rooms that were "cluttery" but those rooms wasn't somewhere you spend a lot of time anyway. Food was good and beds were comfortable to me. I'd go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jason A
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband and I have been to this bed and breakfast twice for the Ghost Hunt Weekends events and we enjoyed our stay both times. Our rooms were clean, and the owners / employees were really attentive and the food was really good too. It was kind of a good "down home cooking" type of meal both for breakfast and dinner. The owners actually help out with the ghost hunting and they also keep snacks out during the night for guests during the investigations. The building is really pretty and everything seemed well maintained to us. Even if you aren't going for ghost hunting, i recommend it just for a nice "getaway". We will be going back to Thomas House in the future.

Room Tip: If you are going for ghost hunting, check the internet or ask people which rooms are more active and...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Renee A

Been to Thomas House? Share your experiences!