“Save your money, go elsewhere...”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
Lover26
“Save your money, go elsewhere...”
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a person having a dog show so I definetely wouldn't recommend to any other human being. The hotel is filthy. When we arrived there were spiders in the toilet not to mention the toilet wouldn't flush. The room had an awful smell. Since there was a no money back policy they gave us another room. It was hot in there not to mention the overall hotel was hot. The sheets were filthy. May I add that it looked as if someone was bleeding and it dried on the sheets and they were never washed. Grass was also on the sheets. The shower looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years. The towels were entirely too dirty (hair and black spots) all over the linen. The service was terrible. IF you're smart you'll pass this piece of junk right on by. I promise it's not worth the 68.88 we paid.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lover26
daysinnripley, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
We change management please give us another opportunity to serve you .

Amit chauhan
owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 26 May 2009

This place was bad all away around.

The service was terrible. When I needed something I would find the manager in a room drinking beer.

One of the housekeepers had a "HUSTLER, Is only about SEX" t-shirt. In my opinion not very appropriate for a family place.

The hall were not clean. The stairways were filthy!

When I got to my room there were no linens, no soap, NOTHING. I was no the only one. Others checked in without linens. If it was early I could understand but I checked in at 8:00 PM!

Finally around 9 a child (12 years old) came in with towels, a little later the housekeeper came in with sheets. I hope things were clean but I'm not sure. I was to tired at the time and everyplace else near by was booked.

I was told they were short of linens because the morning manager did not do the laundry and they took from one room to supply another.

The morning continental breakfast did not exist. Nothing was out. I tried to check out around 7:00 but could not find a manager so left.

• Liked — Seeing it in my rear view mirror when I left.
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING was bad!
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank ajayhawkfan
We change managemant please give us another opportunity to serve you.

Amit chauhan
Owner

Travellers are raving about these Ripley hotels

east TN
Reviewed 4 June 2008

We have stayed at the Count Hearth twice before and it was nice, the building clean and great staff. There has a been a change of ownership and you can tell. The building was falling apart. The door to our room didn't lock correctly. The hairdryer has exposed wires. The staff was less than plesant or helpful.

We visit Ripley about once a year and we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mobile, AL
Reviewed 26 October 2006

I traveled to Ripley on business for an overnight stay and was pleasantly surprised at the Country Hearth. The front staff was very friendly upon check-in, even giving me the choice of floors. My room was clean, with adequate towels. There was shampoo, coffee, coffeemaker, cups, hairdryer, soap, etc in the room. The complimentary breakfast was not as diverse as say, a Hampton, but looked fresh. The only improvement I would recommend would be fresh milk instead of powdered creamer. Otherwise, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gallatin,TN
Reviewed 9 June 2006

The Inn was in great condition. It however was very expensive for how little it had to offer. There was no swimming pool so this would not make a great family location. When we first entered our room we noticed that we did not have towels of any kind. Our mattress also looked a little discolored but who's isn't?

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
Clarksville
Reviewed 2 April 2006

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Our High School Team stayed on March 30 through April 1, 2006. I have nevered stayed where a hotel did not have enough towels for their guest or toliet paper. It was an awful experience. The hotel looks nice and is clean. The employees are nice also. But they told us that the towels had been stolen and the owner would not buy new ones. The hotel was full for those 3 days. I went to Wal-mart and bought towels for my family. My dad asked for the packs of coffee because they did not put any in his room when they cleaned and they said they didn't have anymore. This place should be closed down. The owner is scrimping to get by. I had a toliet stopped up and told them at 2pm and told them I would be out of room for the next 4 to 6 hours due to games. I returned at 10:30pm and nothing had been done. The guy at the desk told me the maintenance guy was gone and I would have to wait till the next day. I told him we would continue to use it then. He came to my room and handed me the plunger. I told him it wasn't my job to plunger and he said it wasn't his either. I have never stayed at a place like this before.Reservations were not held for our group which was made 3 months out. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I AM GOING TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank besharp
we change new managemant give us one chance to serve you .

AMIT CHAUHAN
OWNER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Hunter Lodge
#1 of 6 in Dyersburg
Days Inn Dyersburg
Days Inn Dyersburg
#2 of 6 in Dyersburg

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!