“wow.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roan Mountain
Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I did a sectionn hike from Davenport Gap to Route 19E in June 2012, ending at Mountain Harbour Hostel. My one-night stay there was excellent.

it's a short downhill walk tothe west of the Trail, close enough so as not to even bother hitchhiking. the owner and staff were friendly. I arrived after the 5 PM shuttle but she still brought me to the barbecue place in town where I got a plate of pulled pork for $7. in the morning,I got the $9 breakfast, which others had told me was a gourmet feast - and it was. imaginative items shared at elegant tables with the B & B guests as well as other thikers.

The place was exceptionally clean. it was a hot day and my only complaint was that the loft where the four single beds were, was very hot - so i slept on the porch using my air mattress instead.

After breakfast, I used the wifi on my smartphone while sitting in the lovely living room of the B & B. and got a shuttle in to Johnson City.

Summary: excellent excellent excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Joe N

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Mary may well be the best inn keeper I have had the pleasure of knowing! She never seems to run out of steam or stories and puts out the best array of breakfast delicacies one could ever dream of. We stayed in the Jefferson Room..not in the hostel...but everyone we met was so friendly and knowledgeable! A true gem and the fact that she serves so many HUNGRY AT thru-hikers more than just food..but offers advice...wisdom..and says just the thing they need to hear to keep them going.....this place is a shining example of what and how a B and B should be and is! Thanks Mary, Terry, and the whole family! Good luck hikers!!!

Room Tip: The Jefferson Room has a private bath..that was important to me!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikvikBrentwood
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The people, the breakfast, the animals! This is a great place to rest after a
day or week or month of hiking-or just to go to get away from it all. Mary and Terry are the best hosts, and are there to help in any way they can. Best of the best!

Room Tip: Any or all rooms are great-The Jefferson rooms' jacuzzi can't be beat!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allison H
Reviewed 28 May 2012

As soon as you drive in, you see goats and horses grazing in their pastures and several dogs chasing each other across the lawns. The lawn and gardens are well maintained and the house/hostel are very clean. I stayed in the hiker hostel because I'm hiking the AT at the moment, but I was so jealous of those staying in the cozy house. Rocking chairs on the front porch, 1800s wood burning stoves in the hostel, and a large great room with couches and work tables.

In the morning, we were treated to a fine breakfast of peach cream pastries, sausage, ham, french toast with walnut spread, spinach omelette, bread pudding, watermelon/pomegranate seeds/mandarin orange fruit salad, etc. The food was beautifully presented, all laid out on matching white china platters. Mary, the hostess, was a delight to converse with and she brought an open warmth to the room. It was a fantastic morning for everyone, I think.

5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank solex4462
Reviewed 28 May 2012

For less than half the price of a lower-end chain hotel, we had both a comfortable night's stay in the "barn" house and a gourmet breakfast. The breakfast included quiche, french toast, peach cream puffs, fresh-baked muffins, sausage, among other dishes. The barn house was homey, and the interior of the main house was spotless. The picturesque scenery immediately outside the house includes a field with horses and a stream with goats. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Odin S
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This place was my slice of heaven. After the standing bear hostile and many other hostiles that treated hikers as sub human, it was nice to go to a place where respect cleanliness, and quality was tops. This was my best stay on my 750 mile trek from Springer Mt. Tater Tot 2012

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Tatertot2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I just spend a wonderful weekend at Mary's & Terry's B&B. The room was wonderful and the location is so pretty. It was nice to look out of the window and watch the goats and the horses or go out and play with the cats and dogs. The perfect setting for us to get a breather.

I hear that Mary's breakfast has quite a reputation on the trail. Hikers checking in specifically ask for it and I have to say, it certainly lives up to hype. We got spoiled rotten.

Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathrin K

Been to Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!