“Another happy visit”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rogersville
South-Central Virginia
“Another happy visit”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We just keep returning to this hotel because the rooms are just right, the bed is comfortable and the temperature controls are perfect. I like having both refrigerator and microwave in the rooms as well as hair dryers that work and the shower has a strong spray. We always have adequate amounts of towels and wash cloths and the rooms have enough space to feel much less confining than other hotel chains. The people running this Quality Inn is not only friendly and professional, they quickly become your friend.

Room Tip: I was able to see my vehicle clearly from the rooms window on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie_Marie_T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed there for an overnight visit. Room was large, the bed was comfy. I liked that there was a frig,coffee maker, hair dryer, and iron w/board in the room. The room was clean, some cob webs by the window. No bed bugs. Friendly staff, great selection of hot healthy options for breakfast.

Room Tip: 1st floor has all no smoking rooms. Ice maker is also only on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed 2 nights while boating at Cherokee Lake. The hotel room was comfortable. Had a refrigerator and microwave in our room. The second floor is where the smoking rooms are located and the whole floor smells of smoke. Only 1 ice maker and that was on the first floor. The breakfast was ok with the standard continental breakfast. Check in very slow. The pool looked clean. For the price it was exactly what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jesscruick
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I have stayed here numerous times. There are only two chain hotels and The Hale Springs Inn on Main Street in Rogersville, Tn. Front desk had available a sheet of restaurants in the area so we did not have to look through the phone directory. Each morning we had a full breakfast from scrambled eggs, bacon, boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy plus waffles and other items-too numerous to mention. You do not pay for parking. Our room was on the parking lot side and I was amazed the noise from customer cars coming in and out was minimal. I have never had a dirty room during any of our stays with Quality Inn. When we arrived back home, they called to let me know I had left my hairbrush at the hotel. I just told them to dispose of it but I appreciated their thoughtfulness. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank scmeemaw
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stay in hotels often, and this is the cleanest room I've had. This is a housekeeping staff who takes pride in their work. I did have some road noise but that can't be improved upon by the staff and is the only thing keeping me from a perfect rating. If you need a clean room in Rogersville the Quality Inn gets my vote. I will be back when I'm back in town. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank zrmm27
Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed here for one night. My overall impression is that the hotel is very average, a bit noisier than a typical hotel, and over-priced.

This appears to be an older hotel. The front desk clerk said that it used be a Holiday Inn, but they (presumably the Holiday Inn people) wanted them to expand and upgrade, so they changed to Quality Inn.

The hallways are dark, narrow and have low ceilings. The construction is such that when one door slams, the room walls shudder all the way down the hall. The room was clean, but there was a cigarette burn hole in one of the comforters. The hotel is up on an embankment, and right above a 4-lane highway, so it was a bit noisier than I would have liked. There is a factory right (ball bearings?) right behind the hotel.

The total price, with tax and a pet fee (we have a 7 pound dog) was $100, which I thought was overpriced. The breakfast was very nice.

The other hotel in town is a Comfort Inn which appears to be a little newer and farther off the road. If I return to Rogersville, I will probably try that one (rated lower on TripAdvisor, however.)

2.5 stars would be more accurate. It wasn't "poor." But it was below average, in my opinion.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were traveling with our pet. We stayed Monday and Tuesday nights. Hotel staff friendly, rooms were very clean. They offered a full breakfast. The view outside was beautiful with the trees turning yellow and red. This is a historical small town. My aunts and uncles live in the area. You are about two hours from Gatlinburg from this location and also Hendersonville Nc.It is a great place to visit in October with the leaves turning. We have stayed at this Quality Inn several times without any problems.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank scmeemaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rogersville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rogersville
#1 of 8 in Greeneville
#1 of 2 in Bulls Gap
Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!