“Hooked on Cafe Jubilee” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
mt carmel
“Hooked on Cafe Jubilee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I first visited this café with my girlfriends to celebrate ones birthday. It is off the beaten path and I had never heard of it after living here in the area for over five years.This place is fantastic. You can have a meal and attend an art show and visit an antique and craft shop all in one. The setting is in the beautiful mountains of Tennessee and in a lovely old farmhouse. Every room is filled with antiques, art and handmade crafts. The owner of the house is the artist. A friendly, personable woman who makes you feel like a friend. I made a second visit with another of my friends. The first visit I had a Cuban sandwich which was as close as you can get to the ones in Tampa Florida. The second time I had salmon patties that were well seasoned and for dessert a Caramel cake that was scrumptious. Can't wait to go again. The service and atmosphere is great!

• Visited June 2014

Rogersville, Tennessee
“Wonderful Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Jubilee has done it again. You can't go wrong with the food and the rest of the gallery. A delightful place for lunch especially after church on Sunday. Everything prepared is fresh and a delight to the palate. I recommend a trip to Surgoinsville to eat there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Barbara A
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My first visits to Cafe Jubilee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I travelled to Rogersville from New Jersey to attend my high school reunion. My sister, Jeanie and niece, Cindy, took my husband, Jim and I to the Cafe Jubilee for lunch. I didn't know what to expect of this place looking from the outside like a lovely farm house almost Victorian appearance. But once inside I noted a very warm, pleasing, and home-like atmosphere with an extremely welcoming feel about it.

We ate in a nice sunny room and the waitress was a young lady who was so eager to please! The menus included all the Southern cuisine that I've missed! Believe it or not I had "soup beans", cornbread, and "sweet tea"! Here up North, cornbread is sweet- almost cake-like and I really missed real Southern cornbread! The tea was home brewed too! I was in heaven! It was exactly the food mom and dad served in our home growing up!

The owner visited at our table too. She was so pleasing and sweet!

I recommend ANYBODY traveling through Northeast Tennessee go there if you really want authentic Southern food! You don't have to just have beans like I did. The menu choices are WONDERFUL! We spent hours there just relaxing and talking!

I left a big tip and even bought their cookbook! Thanks Lorraine! ( the owner )

Only one regret: I wish I had gotten her to sign my cookbook!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Patricia P
Kingsport, TN.
“Outstanding spot for lunch, and I don't know.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

....how many people actually know about it. We stopped by here for lunch on the recommendation of one of my wife's friends, and we weren't disappointed. Located in an old two story home that serves as an arts & crafts gallery, the restaurant is open from 11:00 - 3:00 Tuesday - Sunday, and open until 8:00 on Friday. A variety of salads, sandwiches and burgers dot the menu, along with some sides, appetizers and desserts.

We started with an appetizer of "Hidden Treasures", which was basically four lightly fried dough balls with mozzarella and herbs stuff inside, and came to the table resting leisurely in some herb garlic butter. Crunchy, chewy, salty, sweet, savory, there were amazing. Probably should come with a Lipitor prescription, but still amazing. For the rest, my wife had the "Dagwood Gone Wild" sandwich with a side of home made mac-n-cheese, and I opted for the burger with the mac-n-cheese. The Dagwood was an apricot and jalapeno glazed pressed pork sandwich caramelized onions and a very good honey mustard. There were probably other things on it, but the only thing I can tell you is that after one bit, I knew what I was getting on my next visit. Flat out one of the tastiest sandwiches I've ever had.

My burger was enormous, perfectly cooked with cheese caramelized onions, and tomatoes so fresh that I can't figure out where they got them at this time of year. The mac-n-cheese was spectacular as well.

Be warned that the portions are very large, especially if you decide to go with an appetizer. We had to get a "to go" box, and I would imagine if you were going to do dessert, it would have to be as a "to go" item or maybe paired with an appetizer.

They had excellent sweet tea, and the service was very friendly and reasonably quick for the amount of customers at the time. Prices are more than reasonable for the quality of the food, as we got a ton of food for $28 including tip.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JDHoss
Knoxville, TN
“New cuisine being offered--Central American”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

My first visit and I was told it had recently changed hands and the restaurant is being run by a family from Honduras. I had the special, pupusas, homemade corn tortilla stuffed with cheese topped with shredded cabbage and carrot, drizzled with a light dressing. Wonderful! Others in my party had the Cuban sandwich and Greek gyro and were pleased. We shared a piece tres leches cake which was delicious. Service was a little iffy; don't go if you are in a hurry. The other rooms of Cafe Jubilee are filled with local crafts to browse through and enjoy. Outside delightfully decorated.

• Visited April 2013