“Way better than expected.”

Southwood Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Selmer
Southwood Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Selmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We came from NY state to Tennessee and reserved the room at the Southwood months ahead of time. Choose the motel only on past online reviews. Upon approach we were a little concerned because we saw the sign and the motel is positioned behind a "rustic" gas station. While driving up the driveway, the motel was looking better and better. Landscaped and fresh paint and trim. Recepitionist was GREAT!! Very friendly and the southern hospitatility at its height. Room is older, but very clean, neat, and well arranged. Older TV's but we did not drive all the way south to watch TV. First morning went to the dining room for the Free breakfast expecting cereal and toast - Boy were we wrong!!! The owner was there making HOMEMADE sausage gravy and biscuits!!! If that was not enough, as we finished we were offered Cinnamon Buns - fresh out of the oven. We stuffed ourselves on them and they were unbelievable. When we tried to take a shower the hot water was not functioning in our shower faucet. The staff got us a key for an open room and allowed us to shower there - fixing the faucet that day while we were out sightseeing. The staff was appologetic and had given us multiple options including a new room. Service was above an beyond anything we have experienced at any of the "chain" hotels. While in town, you must go to Adamsville and check out the real Buford Pusser Legacy and museum.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the "back side" - is quietier - away from neighboring businesses.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ed B

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Business takes me to Selmer frequently. This time I stayed at the Southwood Inn. This is the old timey one story motel you would see back in the day. It sets back from the road so you do not have any traffice noise. It is one story so you do not have any overhead noise. I truly enjoyed my stay. I am late in posting this review and I will be going back to Selmer the week of May 20th. The rooms were clean. They have a small onsite restaurant and provided biscuits and sauage gravy for breakfast. There were also pancakes, cereals, and danishes to chose from. The owner greated me my name every morning. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank frances anne h
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I would think twice before going. I wouldn't want anyone to get this on their feet after being in that shower of theirs. Room 138 I believe. Not very good customer service. They weren't really concerned with this issue. But I'm having to deal with my feet blistered and burning. I wonder if the plumber is a friend of the family because obviously the shower wasn't draining. The water was up to my ankles.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I travel around on a regular basis so I am very familiar with hotels and motels in the mid-south. I was told about this motel because of the biscuits and gravy in the morning. The first time I saw the Southwoods inn I though this is a cute place but when I left here I though that was a great place to stay. The beds are comfortable. The rooms have all the amenities, the people are incredible. This is a rare find that i would recommend to anyone. Most hotels offer a continental breakfast. This hotel offers a breakfast area and food that surpasses a continental breakfast. The biscuits and gravy are home made. Lisa (the Owner) goes to great lengths to ensure that her customers are comfortable and satisfied with their stay at the southwoods inn. When is the last time you met the manager of a hotel/motel not just one time, but every time you stayed at their hotel/motel? That is the incredible find the southwoods inn is.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ty M
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

When I stop here I thought to myself oh lord another hole in the wall but was I soooo wrong. I found this place to be very clean and even more friendly. Over all I will be returning when my travels bring me back here.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Srslappy
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stopped here after a negative experience in Savannah TN. Glad we did - motel was listed in the TN Travel Planner. Quiet, clean and very nice staff. Breakfast was outstanding! Will stay here again when we pass through.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed here due to the reviews and glad we did! It was the perfect place to relax after taking in the civil war history in that area. It was nice to have a ref and microwave to cut down on eating out. I loved the breakfast area and the homemade biscuits and gravy! If we were to ever travel that way again, that is where we would stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank lindalue46

Been to Southwood Inn Motel? Share your experiences!