“Southern hospitality”

Southwood Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Selmer
Southwood Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Selmer B&B and Inns
“Southern hospitality”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Great place for Teams! Stayed on return trip to Iowa from Daytona College Nationals! Great price, service and comfort. Easy Access for Charter Bus! Beds and linens smelled like Downy and the Customer Service was excellent! Home cooked breakfast in the morning was great! Kuddos this is a winner!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at the Southwood Inn after playing a gig in Selmer. The rooms were very clean, comfortable beds, and the welcome pack was very sweet.. As musicians getting up early isn't the norm so we missed breakfast but Lisa, the owner, more than generously offered to make us breakfast before we headed out. It was delicious!! I absolutely suggest you stay here anytime you're in the area, I sure will! Thanks Lisa!

• Stayed February 2014
East Point, Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We found the hotel to be comfortable, and the staff was friendly. Of course, we were there in December, so there weren't too many customers. It was rainy and going to be icing up the next day, so we had to cut our trip short, but we did enjoy the stay, and the breakfast they served was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Pulled in late on the motorcycle. Friendly, Nice, and Clean. Small Frig & microwave in our room. Freshly painted. Grounds are immaculate. Has a great travel center complete with map of area and U.S. Has a laundry and parking for RV's.
The price couldn't be better either.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terry W
Port Byron, NY
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We came from NY state to Tennessee and reserved the room at the Southwood months ahead of time. Choose the motel only on past online reviews. Upon approach we were a little concerned because we saw the sign and the motel is positioned behind a "rustic" gas station. While driving up the driveway, the motel was looking better and better. Landscaped and fresh paint and trim. Recepitionist was GREAT!! Very friendly and the southern hospitatility at its height. Room is older, but very clean, neat, and well arranged. Older TV's but we did not drive all the way south to watch TV. First morning went to the dining room for the Free breakfast expecting cereal and toast - Boy were we wrong!!! The owner was there making HOMEMADE sausage gravy and biscuits!!! If that was not enough, as we finished we were offered Cinnamon Buns - fresh out of the oven. We stuffed ourselves on them and they were unbelievable. When we tried to take a shower the hot water was not functioning in our shower faucet. The staff got us a key for an open room and allowed us to shower there - fixing the faucet that day while we were out sightseeing. The staff was appologetic and had given us multiple options including a new room. Service was above an beyond anything we have experienced at any of the "chain" hotels. While in town, you must go to Adamsville and check out the real Buford Pusser Legacy and museum.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the "back side" - is quietier - away from neighboring businesses.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ed B
fairview tn
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Business takes me to Selmer frequently. This time I stayed at the Southwood Inn. This is the old timey one story motel you would see back in the day. It sets back from the road so you do not have any traffice noise. It is one story so you do not have any overhead noise. I truly enjoyed my stay. I am late in posting this review and I will be going back to Selmer the week of May 20th. The rooms were clean. They have a small onsite restaurant and provided biscuits and sauage gravy for breakfast. There were also pancakes, cereals, and danishes to chose from. The owner greated me my name every morning. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank frances anne h
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I would think twice before going. I wouldn't want anyone to get this on their feet after being in that shower of theirs. Room 138 I believe. Not very good customer service. They weren't really concerned with this issue. But I'm having to deal with my feet blistered and burning. I wonder if the plumber is a friend of the family because obviously the shower wasn't draining. The water was up to my ankles.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selmer
Econo Lodge Corinth
River Heights Motel
#1 of 1 in Crump
Shiloh Chennault Bed and Breakfast
Holiday Inn Express Corinth

Been to Southwood Inn Motel? Share your experiences!