Review of DELIA'S DESTINY

Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
Delia's Destiny
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“BIG disappointment”
Reviewed 6 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

I called the rental agency and asked for a cabin near a family member and that would accommodate a family of 7. I was told that this cabin was "two doors down", which was a lie since it was a quarter of a mile with a steep hill in between. I also explained that my husband has Parkinson's and I needed an easy access cabin that would be safe for him. As stated in another review, the driveway is not only narrow and steep that requires you to turn around before you can access it, it is paved part way, with gravel at the top, which causes you to spin your wheels since the gravel had washed onto the pavement. My husband slipped on the gravel once and then fell just before we left. NOT a safe place for anyone who has physical limitations. There was a ramp which was helpful. The cabin itself was clean and the beds were okay, although the pillows need to be replaced. The back porch had two rockers which seemed inviting after the drive, so I settled into one to enjoy some sun. I heard a loud crack, and the rocker collapsed completely, and I needed help to get out of it. Since I recently had therapy for back problems, I am concerned with the soreness. The kitchen was minimally stocked. NO storage containers, and only one small casserole dish. The mugs were tiny, so if you are a coffee drinker, you'd better bring your own. No sharp knives were available, although there were plenty of dull ones. There is a nice pool table and the hot tub looked clean, although I did not personally use it. A number of light bulbs were out, including the one over the stove which made it hard to see when cooking. It took awhile to figure out the tv and cable configuration. Water pressure on the upper level is practically non existent. A booster of some sort would be helpful. The chairs at the table are all wobbly. Some are missing some screws so they are a lawsuit getting ready to happen. Part of the blame lies with Patriot Getaways because they did not seem to understand the needs that I had, but they should have known more about the location of the property. I feel that I paid way too much for this cabin when I consider all the issues we had and a refund would be welcome. Perhaps that will pay for therapy for my back.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
rusty1989...
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“WARNING!!!! Do not trust the pictures or descriptions for this horrible cabin!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

First off the driveway is scary. It's on the side of the mountain. These pictures do not show how bad it is. The outside of the cabin is covered in spiders! The hot tub does not work! The beds will kill your back! All the "decorations " over the beds , walls and windows are covered in cobwebs and dust. Three of the tvs are old boxed tvs. The one in the master bedroom is 13 inches and you have to watch it from 30 feet away. The DVD player almost destroyed our brand new DVD. Kept freezing and we missed lots of the movie. No wifi. I would not recommend this cabin to my worst enemy! The owners evidently do not allow reviews on American patriots website for this cabin.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing